Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

The Watercrown posted:

While we wait, does anyone want to explain some of the game mechanics with a bit more detail? I love this game, and have played it to completion a couple of times, but I've never really understood some things. For example, some powers cause a stench, or uneasiness, but I don't think I've ever found out what that means, mechanically. Sometimes I'll see mortals with a 'X2' particle effect, but I don't have any idea what caused it. Is there any way to get a Possessed mortal to gain fear without dismissing the ghost possessing them, as in all my playthroughs, they seem immune to everything, although they gain belief at a steady rate. Is there a way to make child-feterred ghosts suck less?

It's a great game, but it leaves a lot of things unexplained. Perhaps some of the fan-sequels will be better at revealing how to exploit all the little game mechanics... if they ever get finished, that is.

There is no way to make child-fetters suck less. Fortunately, there is no way to make them suck more. The fact that possessed mortals don't gain fear is actually in the player's benefit, it prevents them from disrupting your plans by running away; the belief bonus makes it much easier to scare them away once you are finished with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

EclecticTastes posted:

I can think of several specific fetters that are perfectly placed for Quake to work really well. That's the thing about Ghost Master, is that each level's fetters vary enough that there's always at least one map where a given ghost or power suddenly becomes useful. There's even a map where the Child fetter is viable!

If you're curious, it's the front desk area in the police station for Earth. The potted plant there is an excellent fetter for spreading fear during both police station missions.

If you are referring to the one I think you are, there is also an added bonus for binding an earth elemental to it

• Locked thread