Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

How are you handling this tragic news, GBS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Say what child?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

psyopmonkey posted:

Say what child?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
now we know what it takes to get cancelled. start loving a convicted pedophile rapist who forced oral sex on a 9 year old in your own family

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

1gnoirents posted:

now we know what it takes to get cancelled. start loving a convicted pedophile rapist who forced oral sex on a 9 year old in your own family

The bar was set pretty high but if we just believed in ourselves we could have faith that they would cross the line.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

How utterly hosed up do you have to be to lose your Gravy Train because you just can't keep away from the dick of a convicted pedophile?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

How utterly hosed up do you have to be to lose your Gravy Train because you just can't keep away from the dick of a convicted pedophile?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Crazy Ted posted:

Who forced oral sex on a 9 year old in your old family. Like I know I already said this, but its blowing my mind. Also when you have a daughter who does... child beauty pageants ......................................................................

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Proof that poors deserve to be poor imo

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

genuinely feel sorry for everyone in that family

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

1gnoirents posted:

Who forced oral sex on a 9 year old in your old family. Like I know I already said this, but its blowing my mind. Also when you have a daughter who does... child beauty pageants ......................................................................

There is nothing not hosed up about this family. They are backwoods.txt.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

vyst posted:

There is nothing not hosed up about this family. They are backwoods.txt.
Didn't one of her kids give birth to a kid with extra fingers too?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

the gently caress is honey booboo

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Parallax Scroll posted:

white trash family parades fat little girl at beauty pageants. everyone watches it because people as a whole are loving dumb.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

quote:

TLC has shot an entire new season of episodes but will not air them. Although the show has fallen off its ratings high, we're told it's still very profitable, so TLC is taking a financial hit.
Okay they've got absolute proof that she's in a relationship with that guy.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Parallax Scroll posted:

Poverty tourism. The middle and upper class watch a trainwreck of a family do trainwreck things. To right-wingers the Boo Boo family are the 47% of parasites, to left-wingers the Boo Boo family are symbolic of cultural decay, and neither side can stop loving watching them.

I actually heard the mother was being smart about the money they were making and mostly saving it too, so it's almost kind-of a pity they're not getting the last laugh here.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 24, 2014

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

tlc - the learning channel

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Poverty tourism. The middle and upper class watch a trainwreck of a family do trainwreck things.

I actually heard the mother was being smart about the money they were making and mostly saving it too, so it's almost kind-of a pity they're not getting the last laugh here.

Yea the one saving grace is the mother is really fiscally responsible, but through a series of other reprehensible actions we can ignore that safely.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
It's not like she had a long list of suitors. Beggars can't be choosers.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

human trash

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

she looks like she's wearing a bad fat suit

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Crazy Ted posted:

Is that all? I would have thought for certain she crossed the line by going out with the anti-homosexual Duck Dynasty guy or something similar to that.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Is that all? I would have thought for certain she crossed the line by going out with the anti-homosexual Duck Dynasty guy or something similar to that.

Duck Dynasty didn't get cancelled or have anything negative happen to it because it turns out they hate the gays. In fact it's gotten them movie roles, and if anything their merchandise is even more widely spread in places like Wal-Mart since then.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Gaunab posted:

she looks like she's wearing a bad fat suit

this sounds like the start of a new south park episode

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

1gnoirents posted:

Yes, so obviously her respect for the rights of children/minors is roughly non-existent. Your mind should have been anticipating something like this.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This show is giving me unique and uncensored insight into the average american household

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Zzulu posted:

This show is giving me unique and uncensored insight into the average american household

If that show is about an average american household I feel really smug and superior to over half the country.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

If that show is about an average american household I feel really smug and superior to over half the country.

And that's exactly why people watch Honey Boo Boo.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
haven't been following whatever was going on but it was a really good show, and I liked it

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
You keep waiting for FEMA to show up and help these people, but they never do

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

TheJoker138 posted:

Duck Dynasty didn't get cancelled or have anything negative happen to it because it turns out they hate the gays. In fact it's gotten them movie roles, and if anything their merchandise is even more widely spread in places like Wal-Mart since then.

lol I'm gonna buy the poo poo out of the Duck Dynasty game on STEAM (gaming PC platform) when it's cheap.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
the only thing that was ever 'hmm ok' out of the whole Honey boo boo poo poo was the mother supposedly putting the money away for the kid to go to college

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I AM BRAWW posted:

lol I'm gonna buy the poo poo out of the Duck Dynasty game on STEAM (gaming PC platform) when it's cheap.

It's got literal Metal Gear sections. Like right down to having a noise meter and sneaking around in a cardboard box.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

They can say beinf a child molester is part of his religious beliefs and A&E can pick up the show

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
mama june is TEARIGN this family APART

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
good

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

This is all that needs to be said.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

donkey salami posted:

They can say beinf a child molester is part of his religious beliefs and A&E can pick up the show

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/29/decriminalise-incest-german-government-told-by-experts-4886601/

It's probably something like Germany leaning towards an "incest is okay" attitude.

Although IMHO even between consenting adults incest is bad, it is not nearly so bad as screwing up a child's life forever by sexually abusing them. But yes, there are probably people who are for it and view it as either a right of theirs or a tradition or both. And although a large proportion of child molesters were molested as children themselves, it is important to know that this does not mean sexually abused children will grow up to be child molesters themselves.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Goddamn that child is messed up and getting messed uppier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
well I guess this confirms that the whole thing wasn't some elaborate act

that is a super bummer, dangit

well, not like I didn't know people like that exist or something but it was on TV and people were watching it and being entertained by people living in squalor

• Locked thread