Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've scored more goals off Shelvey set pieces in two games than I have off Gylfi ones in 20+.

Attributes mean nothing.

Bony had his head turned by Liverpool (loving Liverpool!) and demanded a transfer. Of course I said no. He then got the whole squad to have a moan at me but they backed down when I reminded them he's supposed to be our best player.

Player power ain't poo poo.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Had my first winger square the ball to an open striker for a tap in.

Gomis had wandered a yard offside. Idiot.

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
Has anyone found an effective way to deal with the constant "I want a new contract!" thing? In previous iterations I'd just ignore it or tell them no, but in 15 I ignored Carzola's request for a contract and now prettymuch my whole squad is unhappy.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

foolish_fool posted:

Has anyone found an effective way to deal with the constant "I want a new contract!" thing? In previous iterations I'd just ignore it or tell them no, but in 15 I ignored Carzola's request for a contract and now prettymuch my whole squad is unhappy.

I've not had anyone demand one yet. Maybe your players are underpaid?

My staff recommended I open talks with Ki Sung Yeung but his agent added a non-negotiable buyout clause and I wasn't having that.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

foolish_fool posted:

I've dealt with these player meetings a few times with 100% success by basically just being assertive and telling them to shut up and that I'm thinking of the team or whatever.

e: In fact it's a listed known issue that players are both getting unhappy too easily and being placated too easily.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
United win the league with 7 games to spare. Game is busted.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
I have scored 12 goals and conceded 15 in my first 3 games

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Either confidence is hugely imbalanced or SI have created the greatest Arsenal simulator ever. I was 3 - 0 up and dominating against United with less than 20 minutes to go, they scuffed a lucky goal from a set piece for 3 - 1. The whole team went into meltdown and I ended up losing 6 - 3. I don't have the words.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Got 7th and Europa qualification again with Leicester in second season after an amazing Origi loan, managed to get a one year extension on it, Leicester is his favoured club now. Totally channeling Lukaku here. Then picked up Matic and Fernando for £8m combined, both in their primes.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Got 7th and Europa qualification again with Leicester in second season after an amazing Origi loan, managed to get a one year extension on it, Leicester is his favoured club now. Totally channeling Lukaku here. Then picked up Matic and Fernando for £8m combined, both in their primes.

Ha, seems reasonable!

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

They were unhappy and totally unwanted by their clubs, now their information pages say they are happy to have joined a successful club. :3:

I feel like the games been reacting pretty well to my success, normally there's that weird inertia in FM where you're bringing the results but your stature in the football world doesn't move up properly with it, or takes a really long time.

Like the old games would still treat me like a relegation candidate, when I'm basically Everton now.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 30, 2014

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

sassassin posted:

If this doesn't rev your engines nothing will.

Leon Brittan tutoring young boys? not sure that's wise mate

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Last game of the season, playing for a champions league spot, and Fabianski refuses to take a painkilling injection.

18 year old starts in goal, then.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Game doesn't even let you use injections two matches in a row when plenty of footballers would do it in real life. Being injured should just mean having to play through the pain barrier, for some players of course. Link it to stats and stuff.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Came back from 1-0 down at half time to win 2-1. Finished 3rd. Nathan Dyer is English Footballer of the year. He and Gylfi make team of the year (Bony on bench).

Game is easy.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Chief scout keeps asking if he can stop scouting South korea. He's in charge of the assignments.

Game is hard.

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."

Babby Thatcher posted:

Leon Brittan tutoring young boys? not sure that's wise mate

Your hit rate on that joke is gonna be waaaaaay down. Much like my strikers...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex5mmwrWPV0

This kid is in my youth team. I should give him a new contract.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
And he's wearing an MLS shirt?!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Are they doing another Vita version this year? I wanted to try it on that system last year but it came out in like April or something ridiculous.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Second season syndrome, I have 8pts from 8 games against the shittest teams in the league. Fire me and my players into the sun.

I genuinely can't beat a flat 4-5-1 from a weaker team to save my life/job. Concede >60% possession no matter how I tweak things and lose 1-0. Leicester, Burnley, Norwich, Forest, they're all loving it.

Came back from 3-0 at half time at Schalke to draw 3-3 though.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

That raumdeuter role is fully sick.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I'm deeply amused (and pleasantly surprised!) that SI bothered to code an expansion draft to stock the new MLS teams when it will in all likelihood be used once per save and then never again.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I'm starting to think the mental stats are much more important this year. Terry is now a better defender than Mangala for example, when last year Mangala would basically MotM his premier league debut and improve from there despite being a loving idiot. Now he's a bit of a liability.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 3, 2014

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
Can someone just post whenever all the new skins, logos, kits, & pics are updated for this game? Because once that happens I'll buy the new roster update without any bit of cheek. Also if Man U are literally running away with the title like it was in 14/every FM then I might have to delay until someone fixes the database w/ unbiased ratings (heh) or basically anything that isn't sucking United's cock w/ super-unjustified ratings.

Note: I am a giant mewling infant when it comes to UI's and seeing the base fm skin always makes me wanna die.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
All your old graphics still work, and this years new kits etc. have been available for months.

No alternate skins yet because they changed how everything looks just because they could. It's more like the dark skin for 14 than the default, though.

United are still really, really good. Better than last year because Van Gaal's stats are through the roof.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Does the regen facepack work on 15, yeah?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mickolution posted:

Does the regen facepack work on 15, yeah?

Should do. It's all exactly the same system underneath.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

sassassin posted:

Should do. It's all exactly the same system underneath.

Nice one.

Also, I assume the Movember thing is just for regens, yeah?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
No a little Hitler mustache will appear on all your irl german players as part of the agreement with the FA.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mickolution posted:

Nice one.

Also, I assume the Movember thing is just for regens, yeah?

How would SI add a moustache to pictures which are added by unofficial facepacks?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Feature 751- groundbreaking lip recognition system implemented.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
Right so I feel like the new UI layout is almost completely geared towards the game being played on tablets or something along those lines. At the very least, it's feels heavily inspired by that sort of "mobile" thinking and to make a hasty comparison it sorta feels like when Windows 8 remade their entire UI along the same philosophical lines in that it's trying to reinvent the wheel to be "cool" and "new" but instead fail to deliver something people want, because we don't wanna learn a new UI you fucks/ it just doesn't feel right.

I dunno, like I said earlier I'm a huge sperg for those sorts of things and so maybe I'm alone in my "this ui is poo poo, death to sidebars" sentiments but on the other hand I'm pretty confident in being right. Once there are some new -Scorpio/insert your skin flavorings here- it'll probably be a non-issue.

Anyways, I haven't had time to properly play it so idk about the actual important things for the game... but can anyone just give me a quick and dirty y/n to whether or not the transfers & negotiations system have been revamped?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

8bitlawd posted:

Right so I feel like the new UI layout is almost completely geared towards the game being played on tablets or something along those lines. At the very least, it's feels heavily inspired by that sort of "mobile" thinking and to make a hasty comparison it sorta feels like when Windows 8 remade their entire UI along the same philosophical lines in that it's trying to reinvent the wheel to be "cool" and "new" but instead fail to deliver something people want, because we don't wanna learn a new UI you fucks/ it just doesn't feel right.

I dunno, like I said earlier I'm a huge sperg for those sorts of things and so maybe I'm alone in my "this ui is poo poo, death to sidebars" sentiments but on the other hand I'm pretty confident in being right. Once there are some new -Scorpio/insert your skin flavorings here- it'll probably be a non-issue.

Anyways, I haven't had time to properly play it so idk about the actual important things for the game... but can anyone just give me a quick and dirty y/n to whether or not the transfers & negotiations system have been revamped?

I'm trying to understand your first two paragraphs here. Is it basically "I don't want change"? I am using Scorpio skin.

Everything is pretty similar, I wouldn't say that anything was really revamped. There are some new bonuses you can put into contracts (like Winning the CL) and negotiations seem harder. You'll still want to micro-manage the finances...I appointed Southampton's DOF as Arsenal DOF and he gave Alaba a 9.5mil pound signing on fee.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
It's still FM14, but this got a laugh out of me:

I've got them in the next round :getin:

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
£18.99 at SimplyCDKeys if anyone's interested.

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!
So having owned FM14 and played extensively, is there any reason to buy this year's version?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

mrg220t posted:

So having owned FM14 and played extensively, is there any reason to buy this year's version?

Roster updates.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

mrg220t posted:

It's better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
PC Gamer gave it a 61, complaining about the power of crossing and big target men this year and how scouting now sucks. Also, all his complaints disappeared once he switched to Classic Mode. :lol:

• Locked thread