Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I didn't have nearly this many match day injuries in the beta. Picking up one or two knocks per game, most of which are giving at least a week out.

Tricky to get an 11 out with Ki and Bony on international duty all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I took Miyaichi and Isgrove on trial cause I'm light on wingers.

They lasted 25 minutes of the first friendly of pre-season. RIP.

edit: Dyer dead on 51 minutes. gently caress you, Newport.
edit2: Elliot Hewitt on 72. That's all 3 trialists down.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 24, 2014

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I may have broken the game.

Anyone want to see my tactics?

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

anyone tried the iOS game and if so how is it and which device are you running it on?

I have a few flights soon, it'd definitely be a little better to just take a tablet with me instead of a laptop but if the game is weak and shallow, maybe not.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Coohoolin posted:

I may have broken the game.

Anyone want to see my tactics?

lol, post that poo poo

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Do you have the swiss league loaded?

Post the shot analysis screen, too. Wanna see those 18 shots.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

From my great run I can tell you that you can play around a little bit with CML and CMR, as long as CM is an attacking playmaker to fill the gap behind the AF. Depending on who's fit I've got the other two mids as BWM, BBM or DLP. Only switch to defend mentality for them if you're really getting pushed into your third, since when they're on support with a high defense line you end up shutting down the opposition before they even get into your third of the pitch.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

That type of result is exactly what I've been complaining about itt, ridiculous blow outs seem really common this year

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

sassassin posted:

Do you have the swiss league loaded?

Post the shot analysis screen, too. Wanna see those 18 shots.

Yeah, I load as many leagues as I can to increase my chances of good free transfers.

Basel shots:

Aberdeen shots:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

That "4" shot.... Does Jozy play for Basel in your save?

Coohoolin posted:

Yeah, I load as many leagues as I can to increase my chances of good free transfers.

Basel shots:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Coohoolin posted:

Aberdeen shots:

Looking thick solid tight etc.

Bogan Krkic posted:

That type of result is exactly what I've been complaining about itt, ridiculous blow outs seem really common this year

I dunno. My results haven't been anything crazy.

edit: Every game is down as 'Unknown Stadium'. My immersion.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Hazard is just taking a huge poo poo all over the league as an AP-A on the left wing. It's getting a bit boring. Thankfully both tactics are almost fluid so I can export the team soon and play Southampton or something.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

sassassin posted:

I took Miyaichi and Isgrove on trial cause I'm light on wingers.

They lasted 25 minutes of the first friendly of pre-season. RIP.

edit: Dyer dead on 51 minutes. gently caress you, Newport.
edit2: Elliot Hewitt on 72. That's all 3 trialists down.

Perhaps your Physios and Fitness coaches are cack. Barring that, maybe your training is too intense.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

XBenedict posted:

Perhaps your Physios and Fitness coaches are cack. Barring that, maybe your training is too intense.

It was a very early pre-season friendly that I couldn't cancel because they are were an affiliated club. Which is why all the trialists were playing.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

This year I leave my Team Cohesion training on Average intensity, and don't do any individual training in the pre-season.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
I scooped up Eden Hazard's brother for spurs and he's been doing quite well for me both in AMC and AMR/AML. I doubt he'll come as good as his brother but its been going well so far.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brendan Rodgers posted:

This year I leave my Team Cohesion training on Average intensity, and don't do any individual training in the pre-season.

Balanced - Low team training all year long. Heavy individual training all year long. Team cohesion is for when you buy a whole new first team imo. A few new signings can be bedded in just with games.

Was fine in the beta and no training injuries worth mentioning in this save. A lot of matchday knocks though, and I've got Europa death league this season, so might have to have a fiddle at some point.

Barely lost any tactical fluidity over the summer so luckily I can take my time and space out friendlies.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Didn't think you could do this while Ronaldo and Messi are at their peaks.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
New patch claims to fix save time. And add player role and duty to the tactics screen. yay

Also improve defending against crosses. RIP my tactic and career.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Good thing I already sold all my target men.

How do you guys find captain-worthy players to buy? Mark Noble is getting old and also just isn't quite good enough for the champions league, but without any proper leaders in the squad he starts all the important games just because my other players need someone shouting at them. I've got the Kevin Nolan problem where he's not good enough as a player, but deserves a spot because he can bring the best out of all the other guys. I'd like to remedy this by bringing in someone else who I can make captain or vice captain, but aside from just searching for Leadership/Determination, is there any other way to find good leaders?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

You aren't a real West Ham fan if you don't play Nobes every game until his legs fall off, hth

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

St Evan Echoes posted:

You aren't a real West Ham fan if you don't play Nobes every game until his legs fall off, hth

I already am, it's just that his legs are falling off much quicker than I expected. I've got him on a 5 year contract at age 30 ftw

I've also got the next Michael Owen coming through the youth team, along with England's best two u18 left backs, it's some big time ownage

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bogan Krkic posted:

Good thing I already sold all my target men.

How do you guys find captain-worthy players to buy? Mark Noble is getting old and also just isn't quite good enough for the champions league, but without any proper leaders in the squad he starts all the important games just because my other players need someone shouting at them. I've got the Kevin Nolan problem where he's not good enough as a player, but deserves a spot because he can bring the best out of all the other guys. I'd like to remedy this by bringing in someone else who I can make captain or vice captain, but aside from just searching for Leadership/Determination, is there any other way to find good leaders?

Influence doesn't matter as much as the players Pressure, Temperament, Professionalism etc.

Influence determines how much of the player's personality rubs off on those around him. High influence but bad everything else is a negative, and everyone will become a stroppy git on the field.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Might be worth specifically buying a tutor with the born leader personality or one of the other good ones.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Might be worth specifically buying a tutor with the born leader personality or one of the other good ones.

Mark Noble is a leader and I had him training my really promising Academy midfielder, but they fell out after a spate of personal differences despite having suited personalities for training idk its annoying as hell. Is there a way to search for personality?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Don't think so. I had that with Terry and Zouma, I'm convinced SI must have put in a secret racism stat because this is basically the young black John Terry, he's already got quite high determination and leadership for his age.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Don't think so. I had that with Terry and Zouma, I'm convinced SI must have put in a secret racism stat because this is basically the young black John Terry, he's already got quite high determination and leadership for his age.

Agreed, I've posted here before about how everybody on my team hates my captain, the only guy on my team with the personality 'leader', because he's Egyptian.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Born Leader is good but I don't think Leader means anything but high influence. The other hiddens could be complete junk.

The key thing is to use a senior player that will play every week. Players will often 'struggle to motivate themselves' under a captain they've never played for before regardless of stats. If you have some golden boy with a great personality that's great but stability is just as important.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Picked up Schurrle for £10m after the first season and he's just monstered City in his first competitive game. Two goals and an assist in a 4 - 1 thumping.

He'd only gotten 3 all season for Chelsea, so hopefully this means Mourinho isn't the unbeatable footballing savant he was in 14.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Changing Gylfi from an AM-S to an AP-S has cost me ~5% possession but he's just had 140 passes in a game with over 90% completion. Jonjo had 120. They just played one-twos all the way up the pitch.

Sexy as hell.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
And.... my American Premier League mod is released:

Steam Workshop :: American Premier League 0.1 RELEASE

This is a "Fantasy America" mod that replaces the byzantine and complicated MLS contract setup with a more "standard", 3 league, 64 team system with promotion and relegation.

20 Team Premier League. All 18 surviving MLS teams, plus Orlando City and New York City FC (Debuting in 2015 in real life)
24 Team First Division (Includes a rebranded Chivas USA as LA Football Club)
20 Team Challenge Division

The Premier League has full prize money, the First Division has limited prize money, and "money as you play", and the Challenge Divsion is strictly results based.

Known Details:
A) Many Teams do not have managers.
B) A couple teams do not have listed Stadiums
C) A lot of teams do not have players (Workaround: Add players to clubs in pregame setup)
D) Money will probably need balancing.

(I'm testing the 0.1.5 version now, which will add: Squad Size Limits (30 for the top two divisions, 25 for challenge division) and max foreign player limits (20/15/10) to keep it from being an all-foreigners league)

edit:

Upcoming 0.2 Changelog (Estimated Release Date 5 December 14)

Many Lower Division teams updated from Amateur to Semi-Professional status, and received slight reputation bumps as a result
Money Slightly Balanced, more work will need to happen
Squad Size Limits are in effect

American Premier League: 30 Man Roster, Max 20 Foreign Players)
American First Division: 30 Man Roster, Max 15 Foreign Players
American Challenge Division: 25 Man Roster, Max 10 Foreign Players

Los Angeles FC Scheduled to get new stadium in 2017

Bugfixes (Most important, playoffs are now 2 legs home and away, and Cups have been assigned a permanent home to avoid being played at small facilities)

SirFozzie fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 29, 2014

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Are American regens worth a poo poo?

Is it easier to hit on regend in certain nations

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
I just loaded my latest test to answer that question (Fake players, adding players to playable teams, saved in 2020)

Looks like US is still an exporting talent nation

7 of 23 players on the US MNT play in the US
6 of 10 players on the US U23 team from the olympics play in the US (Players not moved to a main roster or another roster)
20 of 22 players on U20 Team play in the US

The 10 best US players value wise on the MNT are worth at least 3.6 million (lowest), up to 19 million (highest)
Ages are (counting down from highest value to 10th) 24 23 24 27 24 26 30 22 22 27

So they may need a small bump, but looks like they're at least decent.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

SirFozzie posted:

I just loaded my latest test to answer that question (Fake players, adding players to playable teams, saved in 2020)

Looks like US is still an exporting talent nation

7 of 23 players on the US MNT play in the US
6 of 10 players on the US U23 team from the olympics play in the US (Players not moved to a main roster or another roster)
20 of 22 players on U20 Team play in the US

The 10 best US players value wise on the MNT are worth at least 3.6 million (lowest), up to 19 million (highest)
Ages are (counting down from highest value to 10th) 24 23 24 27 24 26 30 22 22 27

So they may need a small bump, but looks like they're at least decent.

A bump down?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Crisetig got a 1.5 point boost to his Work Rate after I praised his training performance. Talk to your players.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
Quick Question: Is there even a way to explictly designate a target man/playmaker anymore?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Nick Esasky posted:

Quick Question: Is there even a way to explictly designate a target man/playmaker anymore?

Only by using the stupidly restrictive roles they give you.

Warning when using a target man: no matter what instructions you give your team they'll still play long balls to him at every opportunity.

Anyone know how to update a steam workshop file? I could create a new entry for my Swansea mod v1.2 but I don't want to lose any of my 92 subscribers.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Alvaro Morata was transfer listed for 4.1m so I went to make an offer, and just to see if I could get it to work (it never does) I tried the "interact with board" option to get them to sign him. So they reject the offer at first, then I see a new conversation option- something like "I believe if we make a little bit more investment we could do so much better!" and the board goes "cool we like your enthusiasm, we'll do it". Next thing that happens is my transfer budget adjusts itself from something like 9m to 0 and Morata's being bought for his asking price on a 44k a week contract- twice as much as ANY of my other players have. If my board pretended to help, then took away my budget and hosed up contract negotiations I will be pissed. What gives?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Coohoolin posted:

Alvaro Morata was transfer listed for 4.1m so I went to make an offer, and just to see if I could get it to work (it never does) I tried the "interact with board" option to get them to sign him. So they reject the offer at first, then I see a new conversation option- something like "I believe if we make a little bit more investment we could do so much better!" and the board goes "cool we like your enthusiasm, we'll do it". Next thing that happens is my transfer budget adjusts itself from something like 9m to 0 and Morata's being bought for his asking price on a 44k a week contract- twice as much as ANY of my other players have. If my board pretended to help, then took away my budget and hosed up contract negotiations I will be pissed. What gives?

You clicked the button to make the board work out the budgets and sign a player, and they've done exactly that. Not sure what the problem is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Bogan Krkic posted:

You clicked the button to make the board work out the budgets and sign a player, and they've done exactly that. Not sure what the problem is

Isn't the whole point of that button to get them to sign the player without using money in YOUR transfer kitty? That's why they usually reject it, they don't want to spend the extra money. Doesn't make sense otherwise, I could easily have signed him myself, probably on a smaller contract even. Oh well, at least they didn't include a minimum fee transfer clause.

• Locked thread