Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Almost playable now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

sassassin posted:

Is the editor out now? I've got about six weeks worth of data entry to do before I can start my proper career.

Yes. So is the resource archiver and in game editor.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

MrBling posted:

I need some FM14 advice.

should I sell this guy for £5m and 50% of the next transfer fee or does he actually come good?

This skin makes me sad.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

That "4" shot.... Does Jozy play for Basel in your save?

Coohoolin posted:

Yeah, I load as many leagues as I can to increase my chances of good free transfers.

Basel shots:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

sassassin posted:

I took Miyaichi and Isgrove on trial cause I'm light on wingers.

They lasted 25 minutes of the first friendly of pre-season. RIP.

edit: Dyer dead on 51 minutes. gently caress you, Newport.
edit2: Elliot Hewitt on 72. That's all 3 trialists down.

Perhaps your Physios and Fitness coaches are cack. Barring that, maybe your training is too intense.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Guitar_Hero posted:

I just picked up FM15, and I'm having a problem with the interface. Every time the game starts, it seems to think that the buttons aren't where they're shown to be on the screen. At 1440x900, you have to click above the actual button; at lower resolutions the buttons are below what's shown. Going to settings and changing the resolution, then changing it back seems to work, or switching from windowed to fullscreen and back, but it happens every time the game starts up. I haven't found any reports of this happening elsewhere, so I was wondering if anyone knew what this was about.

Gonna have to go reinstall now (for the second time) because I tried starting the game in a lower resolution to see if it would work, and I'm just unable to use any of the buttons on the opening screen.

That may or may not have something to do with the game-destroying patch they just issued last week. You might check the SI Den of Hopeless Agony and Technical Support.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

sassassin posted:

I've stopped playing cause 3d kits don't work any more.

That's not quite been enough to stop me yet, but it's irritating as gently caress.

MY REALISM!!!! :spergin:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

Start in 2015, starting a game before your season starts sucks all the balls

I'd start it in 2014. It does suck balls, but if you start near the beginning of the MLS season, you may miss the Expansion draft, which means your trusting the AI to staff your first team for you.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Ramagamma posted:

Bought this in the last day of the Steam sale. Not played regularly since FM2010 so am loving all the changes, the UI looks gorgeous.

Only gripe so far is I went my hometown club (St Johnstone) and our newest signing James McFadden is injured for 13 months! And he's our highest paid player. I hope to god this isn't consistent each time you start a game or I'll :cry:

It will be unless you make a change in the database.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Ramagamma posted:

drat, I'd expected as much but I didn't want to admit it to myself.

Was digging around at lunchtime and noticed there was some kind of FM Store where you can buy an in-game editor and other various "in-app" purchases. Slightly concerns me, is this a new thing to FM?

You can use the in-game editor to remove the injury if you don't want to start a new game.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

joshtothemaxx posted:

Anyone seen this mod before? It looks pretty ridiculous and incredible.

http://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/2sl32i/fm_2015_usa_world_class_14_by_graaa/

fake edit: I know. Reddit.

What looks ridiculous is the terrible optional club and comp logos. I've seen better Photoshop skills in FYAD.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

8bitlawd posted:

I've read this entire thread now on a cold Thursday morning in bed and as a fm14 holdout player I'm now gonna ask if I should for sure be in it for 15.

Read some things regarding lotsa bugs and 3d kits not working so I'm slightly perturbed like Messi on a warm tax day in barcelona and wondering if I should catch this now at full price or down the road for a sale.

Sidenote, still love 14 so not in a rush.

They addressed the 3d kits thing, and the changes to the skin schema. But yeah, just wait another few weeks until the transfer update.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Yeah. I think I have one tactic with a DM, and I use it maybe once or twice per season.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Fat Lowtax posted:

Help! My 19-Year-Old Illegal Immigrant Is Also My Best Player!

I'm assuming I can send him to like Ligue 1 for a year, he'll play a couple matches for the Ivory Coast senior team and he'll get a work permit after signing a new contract with us. I don't think any of the 19 teams that want him on loan are from work permit countries.

We're in the Championship with no money, a bad squad and a 5000 capacity stadium, so if we go down he might not want to resign. If I can't ever use him I'm gonna be so pissed :argh:

ed: My 18-year-old illegal immigrant is probably my third or fourth best player, this owns

Do you have a foreign affiliate club that you can send him to?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

I've played this game for a long time, and I don't know that it was because I never paid attention, or maybe because it's not happened for any clubs that I've managed, but I've never seen such a thorough demolition for stand remodel.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Best thing of the year.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

SirFozzie posted:

SI did it again with the "surprise, here's a new game" thing.. Football Manager Classic. it only works on "high-end" tablets, but if you have one of them, this is Football Manager Classic PC version for tablets, you get the 3D match engine, a ton more leagues, etcetera.

This is in addition to, not replacing Football Manager Handheld.

List of devices supported and details available here:
Football Manager Classic 2015 is coming to high-end tablets tonight - Football Manager Classic 2015 for iPhone News

Hooray! Now I can lose all productivity at work as well!

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

LordPants posted:

What if you ARE an MLS team.

A-League

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

p/a is per annum, because you've probably set the game to American English not The Lord's English

That's Latin, you oval office.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

sassassin posted:

"Features" as per Twitter account:

- Customise your ugly fat manager (just as I said)
- "Deeper" set piece control
- Fantasy Draft mode to go head to head with mates (as if lol)
- Create a club and replace a real one with it (just like MK Dons)
- Prozone integration
- Transfer offer screen has been flipped horizontally
- At least 3 (three) new conversation options in press conferences/board requests etc.
- More realistic injuries (they finally fixed Wilshere's proneness rating)

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

sassassin posted:

http://t.co/SDgHUJZDhg

Design your own son mode.

God drat. Genetic engineering, like Gattaca.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

sassassin posted:

I scanned the first two paragraphs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Brendan Rodgers posted:

This essentially DOES have less injuries! Players can play through injuries with protective equipment, it's no longer binary poo poo where players will sit on your bench if they have a booboo on their arm and makes them much less of a hassle to deal with.

Magic spray?

• Locked thread