Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

CHOLESTEROL FROM FOOD ISN'T THE SAME AS BLOOD CHOLESTEROL YOU loving INBRED!!!!

TEAYCHES posted:

fat is bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I see so you aren't interested in actual facts or debate, you just want to ask meaningless questions in attempt to then close some kind of trap on me lol

eat 20 eggs fried in bacon grease every day but no fruits because sugar and see how you do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
oh quotes for anyone who missed that saga:

quote:

My breakfast for the past month has been four-six scrambled eggs (normally made the Ramsey way) and four-six pieces of bacon. This morning though, I was in a bit of a hurry so I decided to just scramble my eggs in the left over bacon grease like I used to love to do. Holy poo poo, it just doesn't compare anymore.

quote:

My mom has gotten so grossed out from my diet that she has started making me cook all of the meat that I possibly can outside. She claims all the meat that I've been eating has started making the house smell like meat .

quote:

Thanks for all the advice! Today was my first day eating more, and since I worked out in the morning I ate 5 eggs mixed with 1 tbsp of butter and 2 tbsp of cream cheese, 4 pieces of bacon, and 2 oz of peanuts for breakfast. Then for lunch I ate a pound of steak along with a huge bowl of spinich, and I think I'll have some bacon wrapped meatloaf for dinner. I freaking love low carb dieting. It's so delicious.

quote:

Assuming you don't eat complete poo poo for those two weeks I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you're smothering your food in chocolate syrup and drinking sodas all the time, then yes I would start worrying. Just make smart choices and you'll be fine.

quote:

I've been running a bit low on money recently, but want to keep up my low carb ways. How terrible would it be for me to eat nothing but peanut butter, eggs, bacon, and hot dogs for the next two or three weeks?

edit: Oh yeah, and a multivitamin

quote:

Holy poo poo. I just got my results back from the doctor. Keep in mind I'm a 21 year old male that's 6'0 and 165 lbs.

Total Cholesterol: 380
HDL: 69
Triglycerides: 91
LDL: 293
CHOL/HDLC ratio: 5.5

He wants to start me on 40mg crestor. How hosed am I goons?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
BE HEALTHY YOU IDIOTS

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

this is the worst thread ive ever made.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Mange Mite posted:

that was a funny rear end thread

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Mange Mite posted:

what hte hell is this?!!?!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

BE HEALTHY YOU IDIOTS

right. but imo the best way to be healthy is to eat a reasonable diet and exercise. but I guess some people think you can just circumvent all the effort by just not eating sugar at all or whatever.

opus111 posted:

what hte hell is this?!!?!

a dude who decided to eat eggs fried in bacon grease constantly

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

right. but imo the best way to be healthy is to eat a reasonable diet and exercise. but I guess some people think you can just circumvent all the effort by just not eating sugar at all or whatever.

a dude who decided to eat eggs fried in bacon grease constantly

GODDAMNIT THIS IS NOT THE TIME OR PLACE. HOLY poo poo I WILL BREAK YOUR ARMS

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lao tzu teaches there is no true right time or place

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

you are retarded if you ignore the research from the last decade which points towards the increase of sugar in the american diet to the increase in obesity. correlation is not causation, but sometimes it is. in this case it is because sugar in the diet literally turns into fat because of the insulin response - that is a thing that actually happens. sorry man, game over. i actually won this internet argument

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

you are retarded if you ignore the research from the last decade

in this case it is because sugar in the diet literally turns into fat because of the insulin response - that is a thing that actually happens. sorry man, game over. i actually won this internet argument

you can't provide any kind of links or evidence though I wonder why

maybe it's because sugar is not just all converted into fat because that's not how that works

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

please read the book "why we get fat" by gary taubes and meditate on the fact that thousands of inuit ate nothing but whale fat and then became obese later on when we gave them poo poo food crackers

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Moridin920 posted:

The guy you're arguing with never said that and actually on several occasions suggested eating an orange. His entire crusade was against juice being seen as a health food, which is reasonable because it's about on par with soft drinks. I don't know why you read so much into him saying fruit juice was bad, but literally all your grievances are things he never actually posted.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

you are retarded if you ignore the research from the last decade which points towards the increase of sugar in the american diet to the increase in obesity. correlation is not causation, but sometimes it is. in this case it is because sugar in the diet literally turns into fat because of the insulin response - that is a thing that actually happens. sorry man, game over. i actually won this internet argument

as a soft bodied homosexual, I would have thought that you would know better than to use the R word

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

The guy you're arguing with never said that and actually on several occasions suggested eating an orange. His entire crusade was against juice being seen as a health food, which is reasonable because it's about on par with soft drinks. I don't know why you read so much into him saying fruit juice was bad, but literally all your grievances are things he never actually posted.

TEAYCHES posted:

nah sugar is evil

TEAYCHES posted:

stop loving drinking and eating them sugar and carbs

which part of my grievances (which were 'eating sugar in moderation is fine for healthy people' and 'teaching complete elimination of sugar does not help get rid of diabetes') are things he never posted or implied?

quote:

diabetes is a drastic, widespread disease with a drastic, real solution.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 25, 2014

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

plenty of people did not have western diseases like diabetes, not for racist reasons like "LMAO they didnt live long enough" but for reasons like "they ate poo poo processed food and got fat and died"

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

technically most people aren't really affected by dietary cholesterol but a. you probably shouldn't eat that much cholesterol anyway, b. saturated and trans fats are still negatively related to heart health, c. ketosis isn't that great soooo -- sugar gets an unjustly bad rap tbh

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
cuz it taste so fuckin good when u wake up it make u feel like a fuckin superhuman jesus op this isn't that hard

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

diabetes only enters the scene when people start eating lots of sandwiches and crackers, true story

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
you guys are terrible at dietician stuff, just fyi, like i was joking before, but now.....like WOWWEE

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
here's the full quote

TEAYCHES posted:

nah sugar is evil and my whole point here is that you should eat an orange rather than drink an orange

I wonder why you edited out "my whole point here is that you should eat an orange rather than drink an orange", it's almost as if his point was that fruits were good and fruit juice was bad? I don't know I'm not a writer.

please note he posted similar sentiments several times

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

u mad bro

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

here's the full quote

I wonder why you edited out "my whole point here is that you should eat an orange rather than drink an orange", it's almost as if his point was that fruits were good and fruit juice was bad? I don't know I'm not a writer.

it's because of the part where he goes

quote:

diabetes is a drastic, widespread disease with a drastic, real solution. stop loving drinking and eating them sugar and carbs

which oversimplifies diabetes and isn't really helpful advice to someone trying to avoid getting diabetes either because 90% of people aren't wired to just go 'oh okay no sugar then' and then never eat it again.

and then he started talking about how all sugar is converted to fat which is just wrong and annoyed me

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
they are losing their loving MINDS

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

sugar and carbs make you fat

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

sugar and carbs make you fat

excess eating makes you fat. that includes excess of sugar and carbs yes.

sugar and carbs don't all immediately get liquified into fat upon hitting your liver. extra calories is what causes fat cell buildup btw.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

so i should say now that my dad is dying of diabetes, takes like 10 pills a day. hes cutting out all sugar and carbs except for good veggies from his diet. hes lost a ton of weight and im hoping he can survive to my gay wedding

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

i don't wanna spoil it for some people but there's this thing called glycogen and no not all glucose is stored as fat

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

sugar and carbs don't all immediately get liquified into fat upon hitting your liver.

calories are not processed the same way in the body bro

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

so i should say now that my dad is dying of diabetes, takes like 10 pills a day. hes cutting out all sugar and carbs except for good veggies from his diet. hes lost a ton of weight and im hoping he can survive to my gay wedding

my father in law got diabetes and started eating better (he was eating a lot of junk food) and ended up being fine. last I heard he doesn't even have to take insulin.

they got his pretty early on though I think. good luck with your dad.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Moridin920 posted:

sugar and carbs don't all immediately get liquified into fat upon hitting your liver. extra calories is what causes fat cell buildup btw.

theres some interesting theories re: fructose metabolism and triglycerides leading to visceral fat but theyre still in the early stage and also dont really involve insulin or otherwise work in the way other dude thinks they do

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

calories are not processed the same way in the body bro

didn't say that did I, I said eating sugar in moderation is fine. That means you shouldn't have a bunch of extra glucose calories floating around in your bloodstream.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

TEAYCHES posted:

clinical evidence shows that exercise is more effective than diet in reducing insulin resistance, though exercise and dietn together are superior. do the exercise too

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

my father in law got diabetes and started eating better (he was eating a lot of junk food) and ended up being fine. last I heard he doesn't even have to take insulin.

they got his pretty early on though I think. good luck with your dad.

my dad is late diabetes and yeah cutting sugar and carbs from his diet has done loving wonders. good for my dad i guess but it works. id say its calorie restriction except he still eats like a retard but i cut out all bread and sugar and his, yes, amazing, blood sugar is really in control now

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

if you are really trying to lose weight, cut out all carbs, cut out all sugar, and go for the gold

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

if you are really trying to lose weight, cut out all carbs, cut out all sugar, and go for the gold

yeah. All I'm saying is that if you are healthy to begin with (ie not trying to lose weight) it's fine to eat sugar sometimes.

and yeah ArbitraryC I am just arguing for the sake of arguing on some level; that's just what I do.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
im arguing because its clear theres no jokes to be had

i plan to stop if the jokes come back

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
I just workout/play sports and the only nutritionary stat I really give a gently caress about is my protein intake. Does the thought of sweets make some people physically ill? My buddy offered me a hostess cake because he wouldn't shut the gently caress up about how good they were and it was revolting as gently caress. Bacon jerky though? That poo poo is so drat good and probably even worse for me than candy.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

sustenance is probably among the main factors as to why it's easier to control intake with the addition of fats; i mean fats are like 9kcal/g as opposed to 4kcal/g for carbs (and protein)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

OP, I don't know, but I guess it happened before minty toothpaste was invented. This is a seriously good question and :iiam:.

• Locked thread