Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
edit: nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
You know sometimes I like to imagine that Vin Scully is at home having a party with all the other announcers where they watch the game and make fun of Buck & Co.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Spraying Axe on a cap? :barf:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ah yes the high school sophomore method

Malaclypse
Sep 12, 2000

alone in the dark and scared always scared as hell
attaboy panik!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Crazy Ted posted:

Spraying Axe? :barf:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Crazy Ted posted:

Spraying Axe on a cap? :barf:

How loving bad does that thing have to smell that Axing it is an improvement?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I want to marry Panik.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

You know sometimes I like to imagine that Vin Scully is at home having a party with all the other announcers where they watch the game and make fun of Buck & Co.

they probably unplug the center audio channel. non joking: I imagine it's very weird for announcers to hear a game with commentary. crowd noise alone would be more what they're used to.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

So it's basically 50/50 whether that outside corner is a strike

Malaclypse
Sep 12, 2000

alone in the dark and scared always scared as hell
Huddy settling down a bit

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Akbar posted:

they probably unplug the center audio channel. non joking: I imagine it's very weird for announcers to hear a game with commentary. crowd noise alone would be more what they're used to.

Maybe they all start narrating the game at once.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Malaclypse posted:

Huddy settling down a bit

can the offense settle up?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

rickiep00h posted:

I want to marry Panik.

You should team up with that chick who's asking the internet's help in getting to bone Sergio Romo.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

I thought I remember hearing that Vin never listens to other announcers. He wanted to develop his own style.

Popete fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 25, 2014

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Akbar posted:

can the offense settle up?

They'll find away to not perform.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
BTW, a reminder that MLB.tv is back to allowing the radio/park audio overlays for the telecast. They didn't do that the first two games for some reason. Now watching the game and listening to Miller & co.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

rickiep00h posted:

I want to marry Panik.
If Panik is ever arrested for assault, could it legally be referred to as a Panik Attack? :hurr:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

It's still an even year, let's see a Hudson dinger

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

New Concept Hole posted:

They'll find away to not perform.

I expect a lot of bad swings at change-ups and watched curves down the middle.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Colonel Whitey posted:

It's still an even year, let's see a Hudson dinger

He tried.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
What was it that happened to Lincecum anyway? Apparently nothing terribly bad if he's available.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I loving hope we see Tim Lincecum before Hunter Strickland.

I'd rather see Hunter Pence pitch before Hunter Strickland though.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

What was it that happened to Lincecum anyway? Apparently nothing terribly bad if he's available.

Back tightness, apparently

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That sure is a strike zone...

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Ambassador of Funk posted:

I expect a lot of bad swings at change-ups and watched curves down the middle.

They're going to put everything in the air and get nothing for it.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

New Concept Hole posted:

They're going to put everything in the air and get nothing for it.

Except Pence, who will hit a lot of awkward grounders.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

After watching that replay, is Fieldface a thing the way Pitchface is? Can it be, at least just for Pence?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Not a bad play by Pence.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Sandpuppy posted:

BTW, a reminder that MLB.tv is back to allowing the radio/park audio overlays for the telecast. They didn't do that the first two games for some reason. Now watching the game and listening to Miller & co.

Am I an idiot or is there no way to do this with the web player? I've still got the audio playing in a different browser.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

"Always Trying to Hit a Homer" Hosmer

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
All right, I give up

The nerdy old guy in the Marlins gear behind home plate has had three seats there for the WS, what is going on

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

OK Giants score some loving runs

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Sweet. Now the killer p's need to start some poo poo.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Red posted:

All right, I give up

The nerdy old guy in the Marlins gear behind home plate has had three seats there for the WS, what is going on

He must have won the lottery.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
This ad makes me wonder. Did the kid hack every billboard and blimp, or did his parents spend all that money to by adspace?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Caseman posted:

Am I an idiot or is there no way to do this with the web player? I've still got the audio playing in a different browser.

Should be one of the options in "CHANGE BROADCAST" in the media player.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
This is probably the first time all season they mentioned that Konerko is retiring without mentioning Jeter in a broadcast.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

This ad makes me wonder. Did the kid hack every billboard and blimp, or did his parents spend all that money to by adspace?

If those writers were worth a poo poo, that ad would end with the iguana being in a corner of the tank the whole time and it turns out the kid is just a loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I am convinced Jim Reynolds simply saw a baseball movie and just likes doing "Umpirey Things" like yelling "steee-rike!"

• Locked thread