Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Spoiler:

Everyone dies in the end, except for the few children saved by aliens to start human life anew on some distant planet that recreates Biblical stories and also the aliens are very angelic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I don't feel like this deserves its own thread but should I see John Wick or Dracula Untold tonight?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

John Wick, are you crazy?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

ConAir is the best Nic Cage movie, although theyre pretty much all good.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

John Wick looks rad.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Professor Shark posted:

John Wick, are you crazy?

Arguably but yes I'll see John Wick

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Changed my mind: make this the John Wick Megathread instead of some terrible Nic Cage movie

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

John Wick looks rad.

It looks like (and from critics, reportedly is) everything good about a trite 90's action-revenge movie times ten

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Professor Shark posted:

Everyone dies in the end, except for the few children saved by aliens to start human life anew on some distant planet that recreates Biblical stories and also the aliens are very angelic

Does every sci-fi movie and TV show have to be an allegory for Christianity now?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i like watching any movie where nicholas cage learns the real treasure is his family

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Professor Shark posted:

Changed my mind: make this the John Wick Megathread instead of some terrible Nic Cage movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnPagmeLm-g

yyyeeah guess it was a dumb question

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Nic Cage stars in the new Left Behind movie hahaha where is your god now

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

"That dog was a present from my dying wife"

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

TOOT BOOT posted:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

there he is. youre looking good god did you lose weight

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

TOOT BOOT posted:

Obviously dead because what kind of god would leave Nic Cage behind?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Knowing is rad because it's one of the few films that goes "yeah gently caress it everyone dies"

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Just got back from John Wick and it was really good. So good that I didn't go to the bathroom during it and let me tell you I pregame heavily before my action movies

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
so basically it's about aliens reading the bible and trying to fan recreate it is what you're saying

like alien fan fic

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

where the hell do i buy one of these things, i have a halloween party coming up

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Nic Cage is garbage.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
:monocle:

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

OP, don't assume anyone is with you - it's just where their mortal bodies happen to be.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Ryoshi posted:

where the hell do i buy one of these things, i have a halloween party coming up

thats not a costume

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
i watched a couple bad movies for a bad movie ngiht and knowing was half the battle

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
Nick Cage actually provides his own cool jackets in all his movies, I would give his jacket in "Knowing" a 5/10. National Treasure jacket is a solid 6 but NT2 was a major jump up to an 8.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

thats not a costume

costume, fetish gear, same diff really

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

carrion kit posted:

Nick Cage actually provides his own cool jackets in all his movies, I would give his jacket in "Knowing" a 5/10. National Treasure jacket is a solid 6 but NT2 was a major jump up to an 8.

Ghost Rider is a cut above tho

I hope he provided his own leather pants too

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

carrion kit posted:

Did he provide his own low-budget Batman knockoff costume for Kick rear end?

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
Nick cage auctioned some poo poo including a bunch of his jackets, sometimes this keeps me up at night

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

Harime Nui posted:

Ghost Rider is a cut above tho

I hope he provided his own leather pants too

drat, youre right -

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
i like the scene where he chases the aryan into the corn field and starts shrieking "give me my son back" and the aryan is all like "BAWWWWWWW" and nic cage is blind

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

i like when the plane crashes and he just runs into the crash stuff and walks around for a bit

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
its the only film where the plot (cause it gets so hot) forces Nick Cage to take off his jacket

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the only reason nicolas "cage" coppola ever got a job as anything greater than a career telemarketer is because he's francis ford coppola's nephew and he begged his uncle to make him into a star

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

:lol:

Matrix in slow motion.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

The White Dragon posted:

the only reason nicolas "cage" coppola ever got a job as anything greater than a career telemarketer is because he's francis ford coppola's nephew and he begged his uncle to make him into a star

but he changeed his name to avoid these accusations of nepotism, surely it worked?

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

The White Dragon posted:

you know why franky finally relented? he had a coppola glasses of wine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
I prefer Melancholia for my pick in thr "everyone dies by a big fuckoff celestial object" category.

• Locked thread