Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
##vote squid
:redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Votecount for Day 1

Abyssal Squid (7): EXAKT Science, The Science of Suck, EXAKT Science, The Science of Suck, The Science of Suck, 100YrsofAttitude, EXAKT Science, Epsilon Plus, soscannonballs, Pinterest Mom, HiipFire
Met (2): fits, Pinterest Mom, Harold Krell, Pinterest Mom
fits (2): Pinterest Mom, EXAKT Science, HiipFire, Abyssal Squid, Met, Pinterest Mom, EXAKT Science, HiipFire
HiipFire (0): fits, fits
AtrociousToaster (0): HiipFire, HiipFire

Not Voting (2): AtrociousToaster, Scrap Dragon

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 03rd, 2014 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 8 hours, 13 minutes.

---

Abyssal Squid, Lime (Vanilla Townie), has been put in the coconut and drank them both up!

It is now Night 1! Night actions, please.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 3, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Pinterest Mom, Tomato (Town Miller) has failed to ketchup!

It is now Day 2. Deadline is Thursday, November 6th at 7 PM, EST!

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

That Pmom flip makes Met look even worse imo. ##vote Met

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

v:ghost:v y'all just jealous of my old-rear end grandpa v:ghost:v

He's got a garage full of scythes from when people used scythes to harvest grain instead of murdering.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
welp, we confirmed roles can match flavor, so I guess met (and by extension me I guess) looks kinda lovely!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

soscannonballs posted:

That Pmom flip makes Met look even worse imo. ##vote Met

Why?

Epsilon Plus posted:

welp, we confirmed roles can match flavor, so I guess met (and by extension me I guess) looks kinda lovely!

lovely, but not scummy? I went with a plan that made sense. I posted my reasoning here:

Met posted:

I'm not asking for abilities. Just flavor to catch people claiming things other people can counter.

Met posted:

Common fruit get claimed like Orange, Lime, Pear, Grape.

Then some weirdo comes in with Durian in an attempt to claim something that someone won't counterclaim. Bam, easy scum lynch.

Alternatively, someone claims banana and then someone counter-claims. Now you know one of the two is scum.

and then I have this reasoning for my own innocence:

Met posted:

Yeah, I was first to claim a flavor that wasn't counter-claimed. Not only that, one of the most common fruits and would have a very high chance of being counter-claimed if I was full of it. You can sleep soundly tonight knowing I'm what I claim.

How would Orange not be included in a Fruit team? You're stretching pretty hard if you claim otherwise. Especially if you believe other claims like Guava or... hell, Lime which did, in fact, prove true.

and if it helps, enjoy a copy-paste of my notepad for this game:

quote:

Abyssal Squid - "peels" "zest" (lemon?)
EXAKT- Banana? (Soft) "My flavor is appealing, but in a different way." , "This game is gonna be bananas!"
HiipFire- Banana? (Soft)
fits- Vocally refuses to cooperate with flavor argument. Likely scum -d1.
Harold Krell- Joke voting someone who already has votes on them. Still hasn't revealed fruit. -d1.

100YrsofAttitude - Grapes
Abyssal Squid - Lime
AtrociousToaster - Guava (this seems fishy)
Epsilon Plus - Pear "VT"
EXAKT Science -
fits -
Harold Krell -
HiipFire -
Met - Orange
Pinterest Mom - Tomato "Miller"
Scrap Dragon -
soscannonballs -
The Science of Suck - Kiwi

Claim Order:

Day 1:
Orange - Met
Tomato "Miller" - Pinterest Mom
Kiwi - The Science of Suck
Lime - Abyssal Squid
Guava - AtrociousToaster
Pear "VT" - Epsilon Plus
Grapes - 100YrsofAttitude
"VT" - HiipFire
:biotruths: - Harold Krell

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

You are still actively ignoring the possibility of scum fake claims which has been pointed out several times. We have pretty concrete evidence now that claims are tied to roles and you are still persistent in your line of thinking, and that is why I think you are scum. It feels to me like you are doubling down and being aggressive as a defense, whereas a town player I feel would have accepted that their reasoning could be flawed and then turned to other avenues of finding scum. You still haven't really done any scumhunting - you are completely focused on rolefishing.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I seriously don't think a town player would be so focused on figuring out peoples' fruits. Scum would have more information at the beginning of the game on how flavor influences role and they don't have to worry about town players fake claiming, so trying to figure out the town players' flavor would help scum have a better shot at figuring out who the better NK targets are to get rid of power roles. You are only focused on determining data regarding flavor because you don't have to make genuine arguments regarding scumminness and can instead let the data make your cases for you.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

soscannonballs posted:

You are still actively ignoring the possibility of scum fake claims which has been pointed out several times. We have pretty concrete evidence now that claims are tied to roles and you are still persistent in your line of thinking, and that is why I think you are scum. It feels to me like you are doubling down and being aggressive as a defense, whereas a town player I feel would have accepted that their reasoning could be flawed and then turned to other avenues of finding scum. You still haven't really done any scumhunting - you are completely focused on rolefishing.

Which is why I shared my notes. Here's my thoughts.

The people that look worse to me today are the people who have not revealed their flavor. Scum won't want to have to come up with fruit that other people won't claim and I don't believe Poison Mushroom would have set up fake claims for the Scum this game because it is a bit of a newbie game and my experience with Poison Mushroom's games is that she wouldn't have set that up. That's a hunch. I don't feel particularly like playing it safe because I'm a townie and playing it safe is for scum. SO! Of those that haven't claimed a flavor:

fits and Harold Krell are poo poo posters and counter-productive.

EXACT Science started the lynch against Squid yesterday, then switched to fits when it was convenient, then switched back to Squid when people shifted his direction again.

Scrap Dragon I have absolutely no memory of. Had to check his post history just to have anything to say about him in this post. He's made 3 posts since the game started, one of those the confirmation. None of them interesting.

soscannonballs is starting the lynch against me first thing.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
and of those that claimed a fruit, I don't trust the Guava claim by AtrociousToaster because... seriously? Guava?

Rest are common enough that I'm not going to focus them too hard without some counter-claims, but of course I'll try to remain vigilant and how they're playing. Individuals notes will be updated as the game continues.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

We have already had a nonstandard fruit flip (Tomato). Also according to your theory if I just reveal my flavor I am town so here it is - I am an apple.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
and if someone counter-claims that, you and them both will be under much scrutiny. I never claimed it guarantees you as town to claim flavor.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

You are looking to make cases on people based on WIFOM flavor (non-standard fruit = scum) while also giving scum information on potential town power roles. Your line of thinking doesn't require you to put any effort into scumhunting, its just a vehicle to look like you are actually casing. Unless something really crazy happens today I am not moving my vote off you.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Met posted:

and of those that claimed a fruit, I don't trust the Guava claim by AtrociousToaster because... seriously? Guava?

It's what Pmush gave me. I don't know, maybe she likes them. :shrug:

I do think it's a little weird how extremely focused you are on everyone's flavor role. I was with you on having everybody share at first but now it definitely seems like flavor roles can be indicative of actual game roles, so it's understandable if not everyone wants to post theirs.

(what's a WIFOM?)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

soscannonballs posted:

You are looking to make cases on people based on WIFOM flavor (non-standard fruit = scum) while also giving scum information on potential town power roles. Your line of thinking doesn't require you to put any effort into scumhunting, its just a vehicle to look like you are actually casing. Unless something really crazy happens today I am not moving my vote off you.

I just cased people quite rationally based on it. You don't like the premise so you dismiss the results.

Okay. :rolleyes:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
uhh Met, I never actually claimed VT or Banana, that comment at the start was before everyone was claiming flavour IIRC

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

HiipFire posted:

uhh Met, I never actually claimed VT or Banana, that comment at the start was before everyone was claiming flavour IIRC

Note your name is blank on my main list. You can stop panicking.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

soscannonballs posted:

Arguing against me is pretty safe. I have an unsafe method of finding scum. You have some people vocalize support against me. When I flip town you'll claim it was my fault I was lynched. If someone counter-claims apple, you'll claim you were only fakeclaiming to toy with me. I actually think you're just a bad townie. No Scum would be foolish enough to put themselves out there on someone who will flip town and draw attention to them. Barring something other than aggressively trying to lynch me for not following your Holy Meta, I'm not interested in you today.

My choices for today are EXACT Science and Scrap Dragon.

Met posted:

EXACT Science started the lynch against Squid yesterday, then switched to fits when it was convenient, then switched back to Squid when people shifted his direction again.

Scrap Dragon I have absolutely no memory of. Had to check his post history just to have anything to say about him in this post. He's made 3 posts since the game started, one of those the confirmation. None of them interesting.

I have nothing on fits or krell right now other than the fact they post horrendously. They aren't clear but I don't have a strong case against them other than them not jumping in on the flavor claim. I exclaimed my reason for not targeting sos today.

If someone else is the Apple, don't counter-claim just yet. Wait till we lynch another scum.

I'm not going to throw EXACT and Scrap out there to see what sticks. I'm actually going to just vote EXACT now for the reasons explained above in the case.

##vote EXAKT Science

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Met posted:

I just cased people quite rationally based on it. You don't like the premise so you dismiss the results.

The only results we have are Pmom telling people not to claim because flavor could be tied to role, you continuing to push people to flavor claim, and Pmom flipping with a nonstandard fruit and a special role. I think you realize you are going to get lynched and so are just trying as hard as you can to get people to reveal information about their flavor/role before you die.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

soscannonballs posted:

The only results we have are Pmom telling people not to claim because flavor could be tied to role, you continuing to push people to flavor claim, and Pmom flipping with a nonstandard fruit and a special role. I think you realize you are going to get lynched and so are just trying as hard as you can to get people to reveal information about their flavor/role before you die.

Yes yes, that's nice. I made another post too. Tell me about how none of it has merit.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Met posted:

Arguing against me is pretty safe. I have an unsafe method of finding scum. You have some people vocalize support against me. When I flip town you'll claim it was my fault I was lynched. If someone counter-claims apple, you'll claim you were only fakeclaiming to toy with me. I actually think you're just a bad townie. No Scum would be foolish enough to put themselves out there on someone who will flip town and draw attention to them. Barring something other than aggressively trying to lynch me for not following your Holy Meta, I'm not interested in you today.

Its interesting that in your mind someone else claiming Apple could only mean that I made a fakeclaim, even though you think I am town.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Met posted:

I exclaimed my reason for not targeting sos today.

This is a scum slip - the language you use here implies you have to target someone, instead of just naturally scumhunting.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

soscannonballs posted:

Its interesting that in your mind someone else claiming Apple could only mean that I made a fakeclaim, even though you think I am town.

Skip all the interesting bits. Focus on the part about you. Panic.

Yes, I'm trying to predict your actions based on both possibilities of your alignment in the same paragraph. That was poorly broken up. Allow me boil it down to the basics.

You're a bad townie or a bad scum.

I'm done with you today. You have zero value to me unless you claim a role or someone counter claims you. I know I'm a townie, so I know you won't listen to reason from me if I gave you all that and you still can't consider anything other than me today. I'm instead going to ignore your posts for the rest of the game day and re-evaluate my interest in you tomorrow should I survive.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

soscannonballs posted:

This is a scum slip - the language you use here implies you have to target someone, instead of just naturally scumhunting.

Not at all. You really need to calm down because you are wrong.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

soscannonballs posted:

Nnnnnnno? That's really stretching, don't you think?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

Nnnnnnno? That's really stretching, don't you think?

No I don't think its stretching, considering a very similar situation happened in a recent mafia game and the player in said situation ended up being scum.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
:rolleyes:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

We're past beating this dead horse and have properly cremated it, because Met FAKE CLAIMS. So you have hunch they don't exist in this game. Ok fine, whatever. A hunch is not enough to then WIFOM your way through the rest of the game.

I feel that sos made two really good points, you're doubling down for some unfathomable reason and you're rolefishing pretty hard considering what we got out of PMom's flip. It's incredibly scummy. What's baffling is that you seem to have an ok head on your shoulders but that's surrounded by some huge blinders because you can make 1 good point and then finish off with a terrible one as you do with your observation on EXAKT and then your OMGUS on sos:

Met posted:

soscannonballs is starting the lynch against me first thing.

Met posted:

The problem is that your premise is entirely faulty since you have no guarantee of there being fake claims or not. Do what you just did with Exakt and case posts and content, most of us are, and most of us are finding you horribly suspicious.

Met posted:

Arguing against you is frustrating since you're not being at all helpful. Your role strategy hasn't done anything but confirm that we shouldn't have gone along with it out of fear of revealing our power roles. If you flip town, which really just doesn't seem the case, but if you do yes it is entirely your fault, you're not playing a town game, we end up wasting time arguing this dumb strategy of yours and the scum get to hide and laugh their way to victory with their highly probable fake claims. The fact that you think sos is trying to toy with you is just plain arrogant. You really can't assume that there aren't fake claims, it's too big a chance.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

With all that said ##vote Met. Your play was scummy yesterday and you're off to a great start today. If you really are town like you say you are cooperate a bit instead of just assuming everyone else is wrong and you're the only who's right.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

AtrociousToaster posted:

(what's a WIFOM?)

Whine In Front Of Me. It's when you make a case or a series of cases based vastly on hypotheticals or ideas that can't be solidly proven. A good example is Met's logic that since there are clearly no fake claims then he can catch scum. Naturally there's no alternative to that situation but if for laughs we go and do the crazy hypothetical case in which there were fake claims you can see how building a series of cases on people based on whether or not they claimed their flavor role is incredibly specious.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

100YrsofAttitude posted:

With all that said ##vote Met. Your play was scummy yesterday and you're off to a great start today. If you really are town like you say you are cooperate a bit instead of just assuming everyone else is wrong and you're the only who's right.

I'm not saying everyone else is wrong. I didn't say you were wrong until you were wrong with all of that.

You're wrong and you're not going to learn anything with my death other than a wasted day. Press some other people and then lynch me if absolutely nothing comes up by the deadline. We have over 2 days to go for this phase.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I don't want to hit deadline early don't worry. I am both very frustrated with your way of thinking at the moment and I'm both because I think you're scum and also to show you you need to stop being so hard-headed.

I'm sure other things will turn up considering how early it is do make an effort will you? To take a page out of your book I am going to ignore anymore of your posts that involve you detailing how logical flavor claims find the scum. I hope the other ones turn out sounder.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
and I'm bored of your meta of lynching anyone whose aggressive with a strategy you don't like (even though you followed along with it when it was popular to do so).

If everyone claimed a flavor we'd have done just fine. It's the townies too afraid to jump in that ruined it.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Met posted:

The people that look worse to me today are the people who have not revealed their flavor. Scum won't want to have to come up with fruit that other people won't claim and I don't believe Poison Mushroom would have set up fake claims for the Scum this game because it is a bit of a newbie game and my experience with Poison Mushroom's games is that she wouldn't have set that up.

Fakeclaims would actually make it easier for newbie scum, though, wouldn't it? Giving them a ready-made fake claim.

I've had two games run by PM where I was scum and both times I got a fakeclaim. Poison Mushroom even goes as far as to give you a new fakeclaim if you don't like yours.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Epsilon Plus posted:

I've had two games run by PM where I was scum and both times I got a fakeclaim. Poison Mushroom even goes as far as to give you a new fakeclaim if you don't like yours.

That would have been great to know yesterday. Yet you too went along with my flavor claim plan when it was popular to do so. :psyduck:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

did you really just edit your post

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yes, feel free to copy paste the original. It needed tidying.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Original:

Edited:

I think you edited it more because it looked scummy. Moreover, I claimed my flavor but never agreed with your plan - I said it was, as best, harmless.

I really don't like that you edited your post outside of changing spelling/grammar per the rules for the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It detracted from the main point. Get over it or lynch me for it. You'll be disappointed.

• Locked thread