Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Haha holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Met posted:

It detracted from the main point. Get over it or lynch me for it. You'll be disappointed.

I guess that's why you should think before you post. Like I just did.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Epsilon Plus posted:

I guess that's why you should think before you post. Like I just did.

gently caress you.

Oh hang on. Let me edit that out 5 seconds later because it was a silly outburst that made me look like a jerk with no possible value to me later.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

poo poo, this game moves quick. Woke up to a hammer before I could vote yesterday and I woke up to about 30 posts today.

Normally I'd be suspicious of a quick hammer like that, but it feels like Town was in agreement on that decision. Hiips did read a little scummy to me yesterday just because he seemed like he was a bit too friendly with Pmom, but it looks like that was unfounded.

Met posted:

gently caress you.

Oh hang on. Let me edit that out 5 seconds later because it was a silly outburst that made me look like a jerk with no possible value to me later.

Jesus Christ :psyduck:

This meltdown is just making you come off scummier and scummier.

##vote Mets

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Scrap Dragon posted:

##vote Mets

But that has nothing to do with my role. :psyduck:

Remember guys, when I flip Town, go for EXACT and Scrap Dragon.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
should we still lynch them if you flip scum? hypothetically, of course

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I can't imagine anyone but scum getting so worked up over being lynched. That combined with your insistence on rolefishing even after we have people claiming that Pmush has given out fake claims in previous games is a huge red flag.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The problem was the ninja edit. I do them pretty regularly to fix typos and the like but had you left the post as it was, it would of had a better chance of reading as frustrated town. The deletion though... I personally feel town players should and tend to be sincere. That deletion proves a hidden agenda it seems to me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The Science of Suck posted:

should we still lynch them if you flip scum? hypothetically, of course

Wouldn't hurt.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I turn into such a diva when I'm hungry. Had a snickers... and a bean & cheese burrito... and waited for Binding of Isaac Rebirth to release.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
My initial vote on squid was a jokevote. I switched to fits after his big outburst, and then back to squid so we could hammer and have a lynch d1. I thought sos's vow right off the bat looked a little fishy, but Met is making some pretty scummy posts. I do think we should cool it a little bit with the votes, as we have over two days to deadline.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

My initial vote on squid was a jokevote. I switched to fits after his big outburst, and then back to squid so we could hammer and have a lynch d1. I thought sos's vow right off the bat looked a little fishy, but Met is making some pretty scummy posts. I do think we should cool it a little bit with the votes, as we have over two days to deadline.

That should be sos's vote, not vow. gently caress phone posting.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Scrap Dragon posted:

poo poo, this game moves quick. Woke up to a hammer before I could vote yesterday and I woke up to about 30 posts today.

who would you have voted for if you had awakened, fresh and clear-eyed, to a hammer yet to be?

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

Met posted:

gently caress you.

Why would you even play if you're just going to lash out at everyone trying to help you?

I'm not even going to bother dealing with you anymore you miserable piece of poo poo.

##vote Met

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

quote:

Rules:
:sun: Be nice! :sun:
:chillpill: Remember it's just a game :chillpill:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

HiipFire posted:

:sun: Be nice! :sun:
:chillpill: Remember it's just a game :chillpill:

:glomp:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

There is a difference between being mean and attempting to discipline someone into learning proper Mafia etiquette. :eng101:

Ugh... Crocodile tears... Pure crocodile tears... :doh:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:shrug:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ok that's actually pretty funny.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

It's hard to tell if Met is melting down or just super frustrated.

I'm cool with voting Met and then hitting Scrap Dragon for lurking. Or the other way around.

##vote Met

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
lol scrap dragon posts as much as you

##vote epsilon

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Epsilon Plus posted:

It's hard to tell if Met is melting down or just super frustrated.

I'm cool with voting Met and then hitting Scrap Dragon for lurking. Or the other way around.

##vote Met

this is scummy because there's no clear thought of met is scum, and the other option posts just as much as epsilon

wishy washy with the option to switch to a hypocritical choice

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

I think I'm gonna put my vote on Met based on his obsessing over the flavor roles + how upset he's gotten when people started coming down on him, but I'll hold off for now due to how close we are to hammer over a day before the deadline.

this is scummy because there's no clear thought of met is scum, and the other option posts just as much as epsilon

wishy washy with the option to switch to a hypocritical choice

EP has almost 3x as many posts as scrap dragon. I don't see why you're attacking him for this.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also since we're throwing out postcount arguments here - Science of Suck has barely posted more than I have once you trim out the useless bullshit at the start of the game.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Holy poo poo I'm in the top 3 posters, this is an interesting change.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Being available for this game right from the get-go has done wonders for my participation in a Mafia game.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm -1 by the way. Try to put off the lynch to tomorrow to see what else you can get out of other people. Ask questions, do things.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Met posted:

I'm -1 by the way. Try to put off the lynch to tomorrow to see what else you can get out of other people. Ask questions, do things.

Good point. ##unvote. Still voting you but I don't want an early hammer. There's plenty of people to figure out before the day's over.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
After yesterday I don't blame you, but still hold that I am a townie.

People don't like the flavor argument. Fine. These two need to be put under scrutiny at some point.

Met posted:

EXACT Science started the lynch against Squid yesterday, then switched to fits when it was convenient, then switched back to Squid when people shifted his direction again.

Scrap Dragon I have absolutely no memory of. Had to check his post history just to have anything to say about him in this post. He's made 3 posts since the game started, one of those the confirmation. None of them interesting.

My other concern is AtrociousToaster simply because Guava is a bit out there. There was an odd 5 day gap in posting from him between Oct 30 and Nov 4. He only came out to defend himself from my accusation of scumminess based on his flavor claim. It seems to me a townie should be more concerned with finding scum than hiding for the better part of a week.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Met posted:

My other concern is AtrociousToaster simply because Guava is a bit out there. There was an odd 5 day gap in posting from him between Oct 30 and Nov 4. He only came out to defend himself from my accusation of scumminess based on his flavor claim. It seems to me a townie should be more concerned with finding scum than hiding for the better part of a week.

Sorry about not being around much the past few days. I just had basically no time to check up on this over the weekend (halloween, little sister turning 21, etc). Spent sunday hungover and forgot this was going on. I'll be around a lot more from here out and try to post more.

I think Science of Suck is looking pretty scummy. All three of his votes seem weird to me.

The first vote he made seemed to bandwagoning on the first thing available. He voted Abyssal Squid right after EXACT Science did, and gave a pretty bad reason based on a peel joke Squid made.

i think squid was claiming banana and is now trying to backtrack with forced joking after being challenged by someone else claiming banana

Then he said this vote was a mistake, and jumped right back on Squid a little bit later saying that it's because Squid's vote on fits was bad.

lol why can't I quit you
##vote squid

worst vote on fits imo

Now he just jumped on Epsilon Plus saying that it's because EP has just as few posts as Scrap Dragon who he just pointed at for lurking, but that's completely untrue.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

##unvote now that Met has calmed down a bit. I am still really salty with you for editing your posts but you are making good points.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Met posted:

After yesterday I don't blame you, but still hold that I am a townie.

People don't like the flavor argument. Fine. These two need to be put under scrutiny at some point.

I'm definitely giving Exakt a lookover because you brought up another point. I don't think we need to lurker lynch given the evidence against other parties. Looking over everyone give me a bit.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

A lot of toaster's posting is white noise, that said their posting of questions and the fact votefinder tells this is their 2nd game (or their alive in one and have played in 2 already... not sure but whatever) clearly points to a new poster that's getting the hang of it.
Epsilon would be the first to look at after Met's flip, I'd say. There seems to be some sort of relationship with Met. The only thing that runs contrary to that is his call out of Met's ninja edit.

I don't know how much I want to believe EXAKT's initial vote on Squid as 'jokevote'. They, it seems, was the only one trying to catch someone via Met's flavor strategy. Nonetheless his vote on fits was pretty horrible though that was overlooked since they were the 2nd to vote fits, before it could be called a bandwagon. He could've been deflecting by voting Squid and getting people to refrain from looking at his own crappy vote. Perhaps most telling is that outside the 'jokevote' they haven't really tried to case anyone or make their own opinions. A lot of the posts in between the votes are just filler. I could vote EXAKT pretty comfortably given his vote history.

fits has been entirely irreverent but consistent in that irreverence. I realize I said the same thing about a scum player in the my previous game (goodness) but playing a certain style and sticking to it at least reads truer to me than those that jump around.

Krell's a bit of a dick and while he managed to vote Met like so many others, he also voted Met for completely different reasons, namely a jokevote role claim Met put up early early in the game. He focuses solely on Met and lectures him pretty regularly. That's it. I'm not really sure if that'd be scum or town and it'd help my opinion of him were he to look into other people as well.

Scrap's is just lurking. Content wise it's sound enough. I'm not going to judge until/if more gets said.

Scio'suck hasn't really said much of interest outside of his votes. Just a lot of chatting. Though I find this funny:

if harold krell did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him

Those I haven't mentioned haven't been under scrutiny and/or I find them null or town.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That said Met's still the scummiest. It's only recently with his resignation of being lynched, or perhaps after calming down does he sound more town. That would mean all the other stuff would have to be overlooked and I personally find his previous game really scummy.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
my equating of epsilon and dragon comes entirely from d1 where both lurked. i had to ask epsilon point blank for an opinion and the only one i got was that met was town.

all of a sudden that opinion is much more fluid, and good enough to vote for the d2 leader

i think epsilon is scum and should be lynched

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
I was doing up a post on met yesterday but got :effort: about it

This is what it boils down to:

- Extreme aggressiveness about getting people to claim, to the point of complete focus on it and drawing lines of town/scum based on who claimed or not. This was literally his notes that he posted, which I find hilarious: fits- Vocally refuses to cooperate with flavor argument. Likely scum -d1.
- Indecisiveness on what claims would even do. He was the one to suggest blueberry = blue = cop but also went on several times that it was just for """counterclaims""" with some extremely convoluted reasoning that was the dumbest thing I've heard this game.
- General posturing and trying to lead the town about it, like he was above everyone else.

In light of a miller tomato flip:
- Nobody's claimed a vegetable, just fruit. Going by the list Met posted, 7/13 people had claimed a fruit of some sort.
- Feeling pretty confident that fruit has probably at least some connection to role, in the sense that vegetables are probably scum. Tomato miller makes hella sense that way.
- If all vegetables are scum, odds are incredibly likely that they all have fruit fakeclaims to pass off as town.

The way Met approached Day 1 felt to me like he had an inside track on the game knowledge from the start (and he was pushing hard for claims right from the start) that fit as a scum fishing for claims. After the miller flip, I feel even more solidly about that

Comfortable voting Met today, not going to yet because I want to look the massive bandwagon that jumped him from the start of day 2 as well.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

who would you have voted for if you had awakened, fresh and clear-eyed, to a hammer yet to be?

I would've voted for Squid, I said as much on D1.

Scrap Dragon posted:

I don't know about that though. They're both super scummy and then there's Squid's comment about how he doesn't want to vote for Mets cause, "Citrus bros gotta stick together".

I'd be fine voting for either one. The OP says that they're tied right now, so it's really just up to whoever the rest of the thread wants to lynch first.

I'm keeping my vote on Met cause I still think he's scum, but he is right in that we need to start poking at other people.

After looking over the thread these are the posters that stick out to me:

Hiip - He's made a lot of posts without really managing to say anything. That combined with the hammer is pretty suspicious. I mean I would've voted for Squid too, but the hammer is ALWAYS suspicious.

Epsilon - This guy sets off some real warning bells for me. First he goes along with Met's flavor claim plan then later he's the one to confirm that Pmush has given off fake claims for scum before. Then he's the first to jump on the D2 Met bandwagon after the post editing. Maybe trying to bus Met since he's the most suspicious? The only thing that gives me doubt is his recent unvoting.

Krell - If I wasn't so sure Met was scum I'd think Krell was just cause of that laser focus the he has on Met. It'd be nice to see him post about other people.

Fits - This guy is in a similar position to Krell, but he's at least said he's going to start making cases on others so I'm gonna wait for his reads before coming to a decision.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Scrap Dragon posted:

Krell - If I wasn't so sure Met was scum I'd think Krell was just cause of that laser focus the he has on Met. It'd be nice to see him post about other people.

Funny you should mention that...

Scrap Dragon posted:

Jesus Christ :psyduck:

##vote Mets

You seem to have a penchant for taking the Lord's name in vain just like Met. I get the bothersome feeling that perhaps there may be some scum breadcrumbing going on underneath everyone's noses. It's also not a good sign that you're going after Met with such a stubborn conviction. :raise:

If Met turns out to be scum by the time he's lynched today, there would be LITTLE doubt in my mind that you were also in kahoots with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Awfully quiet in here.

So if I'm understanding Krell he thinks that Scrap Dragon and Met 'using the lord's name in vain' is some kind of scum thing? :v: I don't get it.

Anyways we're getting close to the deadline and I have to be somewhere in a little bit so I'll throw down my vote now.

##vote Met

• Locked thread