Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah I've wanted to try out mafia and this looks like the game for it, count me in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

The shocking twist is it's both of you! You're putting the genes in my celery what hath science wrought :gonk:

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I'm gonna be out of town this weekend (grandfather's 90th birthday woo!) so I'll probably be scarce but I'll try to post what I can (unless I get murdered on Day 1), after that I'll be plenty active. I have SO MANY opinions on apples, guys, I know you can't wait to hear them.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

The Science of Suck posted:

beans, beans, fall where they may
and on the next fall drive others away

I think you mean "Beans beans the musical fruit/they play the trumpet and the flute/they play the tympani and the drums/so put some beans inside your tums."

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I hope there's no Pythagoreans here :ohdear:

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Confirming, this role has some appeal get it (there was a joke there).

EXAKT Science posted:

Is anyone a tomato?

Are you TRYING to start a "tomatoes are secretly fruit" argument?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Dude, tomatoes are objectively fruit. Also, I think you're lying about your flavor, unless there's a bunch of us.

##vote Abyssal Squid

I'll call tomatoes fruit the second you sprinkle acorns on your cereal. :colbert:

Anyway, I was trying to bring some zest to the discussion.

i'm small, round, and furry and am quite popular down under

A rambutan :o

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I get tomato being miller because of that age-old argument but how the heck are blueberries cops?

Because they're our boys in blue.

Also fine you guys have convinced me to reveal my flavor, though I'm still sour on the idea. I'm Lime, are you happy now? Suck on that. LIME FACT: My brother-in-law literally eats limes plain and it's hilarious every time.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

AtrociousToaster posted:

Cops like donuts and blueberry donuts are really good? I have no idea. :v:

Alright well if flavor doesn't mean anything about role I guess there's no reason not to share. I'm a Guava, someone please tell me what I taste like.

You taste TROPICAL! :dominic:

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

i think squid was claiming banana and is now trying to backtrack with forced joking after being challenged by someone else claiming banana

It's been a long time since I've heard Bananaphone all right? I forgot that joke only applied to bananas and not to all fruits with peels, there are a lot of fruits with peels. Here's a picture of a citrus peel if you don't believe me:

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Oh I'd forgotten there's even an iconic lime peel picture:

I HOPE THAT DISPELS EVERYONES CONCERNS

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I'm still suspicious of the people being pushy about REVEAL YOUR FRUIT OR ELSE YOU'RE SCUM but as far as I can tell they've all revealed their own fruits so I'm hopping on the fits bandwagon, he's being weird.

##vote fits

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

NB that Squid that Squid jumped on the fits bandwagon within an hour of my throwing the first vote on him. Met's first post after said wagon was rolling was a vote and call for fits to claim and no substantive case whatsoever. I definitely agree about their apparent scumminess.

Sorry if it seems like I'm lurking, before the game started I said this:

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'm gonna be out of town this weekend (grandfather's 90th birthday woo!) so I'll probably be scarce but I'll try to post what I can

6 hour road trip yesterday, 6 hour road trip back tomorrow, and with family all day today. Probably not gonna get a chance to read responses until Monday.

I didn't have a great case for voting fits but I wanted to get a vote out there before I headed out, and he's only posted garbage so far anyway.

I'm still suspicious of Met mostly because of his Rick Scott avatar and also the rolefishing, but he's an orange and I'm a lime, and I gotta stick with my citrusbros for now. I'm also suspicious of the Science Twins because they've been on my case since I said my fruit has a peel, and that really rinds my gears (yes I'm still making atrocious fruit puns) considering I only said that in the first place because I figured it was best not to claim my flavor off the bat for the reasons everyone has given. I only went out and gave it away because I felt like I had to explain myself, and I've been quiet since because I've been on the road. I don't have strong feelings about anybody else, mostly because most of the posts that were made before I left were about me.

So yeah my vote is sticking with fits for now because he refuses to give anybody anything to work with, even though I feel like Met has a higher chance of being scum in the long run. I mean, looking at the votes against fits right now doesn't give me a good feeling (OMGUS, a suspicious dude, and me when I'm willing to grant that it's mostly a vote of convenience) but I don't have time to really analyze the situation further and I doubt he's going to be much of an asset to the town, even if he is town.

And one last word in my defense: let me live today and I'll explain myself further, besides the fact that I'm a rank newbie. It's not much but it's all I've got besides claims of innocence (which are true but unprovable).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

v:ghost:v y'all just jealous of my old-rear end grandpa v:ghost:v

He's got a garage full of scythes from when people used scythes to harvest grain instead of murdering.

• Locked thread