Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Seriously look at its loving face!

It looks mean and angry! That is not the face of something that evolved naturally, it's the face of something that was designed to be an enemy in a videogame!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
god isn't real

but Satan is

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
hail Satan

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I guess He does have an inordinate fondness for giant, adorable sea beetles after all.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Holy poo poo what is that I have never seen that picture before or other pictures of cretures the same or much like it ever, thank you for this thread my stars!!

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
hey man even god smokes weed and creates stupid stuff sometimes.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

There.

/thread

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Which God created them tho?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Butthead posted:

Which God created them tho?
Poseidon.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 24 minutes!
I'm convinced. I will, from now on, devote myself to the worship of the giant isopod.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Rapman the Cook posted:

Holy poo poo what is that I have never seen that picture before or other pictures of cretures the same or much like it ever, thank you for this thread my stars!!

You may have seen the pic before but did anyone ever point out how ridiculously artificial these creatures look? It feels like something Master Chief should be shooting at

Basically they're a reused art asset from a previous world God made is what I'm saying

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
giant centipedes look pretty creepy too op

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Yaldabaoth posted:

Seriously look at its loving face!

It looks mean and angry! That is not the face of something that evolved naturally, it's the face of something that was designed to be an enemy in a videogame!

It's a god not the God. The existence if minor deities does not prove the existence a major one. Quite the opposite!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
here's what i don't get, if god IS real AND the bible is real, how do we know he's not just lying to make himself look good and he's actually just a petulant toddler and satan is getting a bad rap because he keeps trying to be the voice of reason and god doesn't want any of it

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's a god not the God. The existence if minor deities does not prove the existence a major one. Quite the opposite!

Explain?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

heh :3:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

ashgromnies posted:

giant centipedes look pretty creepy too op

Yeah but they don't have faces that were designed to be permanently stuck in a pissed-off expression like the sectoids from XCOM

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Dolphin posted:

here's what i don't get, if god IS real AND the bible is real, how do we know he's not just lying to make himself look good and he's actually just a petulant toddler and satan is getting a bad rap because he keeps trying to be the voice of reason and god doesn't want any of it

If that's the case then the bible is doing a poo poo job of covering it up because that's pretty much exactly how they come off in it

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Perhaps an analogy is in order. The existence of a poodle does not prove the existence of a labradoodle.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Perhaps an analogy is in order. The existence of a poodle does not prove the existence of a labradoodle.

That's an awful example. The existence of a poodle does however prove the existence of mammals

You've gone from no proof of god or gods to proof of gods. How does that make the existence of god less possible

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

concerned mom posted:

That's an awful example. The existence of a poodle does however prove the existence of mammals

You've gone from no proof of god or gods to proof of gods. How does that make the existence of god less possible

Sorry that was a terrible analogy. A can of diet coke does not prove the existence of a bottle of Dr Pepper.

Rexim
Jun 2, 2006

I wants flies in on a dragons, okay?
Isopod? Wish you'd isolate your posting.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

You both need a remedial course in syllogisms.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Cardiovorax posted:

You both need a remedial course in syllogisms.

I gave ur mom a syllogism last night

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I hope you washed up afterwards, because after three years underground she's probably kinda drippy.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
We were having a good time talking about monstrous gods with neither the capacity to love nor hate, only hunger, eternal hunger and you had to take it to a really dark place Cardiovax.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
I think it looks happy, although actually it's not happy or angry. It's dead which is too bad I would like to watch some play in a big version of this

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Myron Baloney posted:

I think it looks happy, although actually it's not happy or angry. It's dead which is too bad I would like to watch some play in a big version of this

OH MY GOD! Do they roll up into little balls and go down the slide??:kiddo:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Myron Baloney posted:

That is the cutest thing. God, I love pill bugs.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Myron Baloney posted:

That looks cramped, cute pill bugs deserve a much bigger playland

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Yaldabaoth posted:

That looks cramped, cute pill bugs deserve a much bigger playland

I don't think they could stay in there too long their gill-lung things would dry out

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

Myron Baloney posted:

I don't think they could stay in there too long their gill-lung things would dry out

Well if God wasn't real they would evolve to live in there wouldn't they.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
*looks around thread nervously*. No one is gonna say it....? Ok, here goes...

Rapman the Cook posted:

There.

/thread

What are those?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Luvcow posted:

What are those?
Doritos.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Like a pro, high fives all around :)

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Luvcow posted:

Like a pro, high fives all around :)
Thanks. Anyway, those are just more Giant Isopods. The picture is fake, though. They're actually dead and just posed around the bag like that.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Cardiovorax posted:

Thanks. Anyway, those are just more Giant Isopods. The picture is fake, though. They're actually dead and just posed around the bag like that.

Serious question: can you eat a giant isopod and does anyone? I'm assuming its
Iike lobster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Luvcow posted:

Serious question: can you eat a giant isopod and does anyone? I'm assuming its
Iike lobster.
They're bottom feeders, so not all that great. Kinda like crab, from what I'm told.

• Locked thread