Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

Today's Game

Today in Baseball History
  • 1939 - With 15 of the 24 first-place votes cast by the writers, Joe DiMaggio wins his first American League MVP award, easily out-distancing runners-up Jimmy Foxx and Bob Feller. The Yankees outfielder will also capture the prestigious prize in 1941 and 1947.
  • 1955 - Baseball great Branch Rickey steps down as GM of the Pirates and moves into an advisory role. Joe L. Brown, son of the actor, replaces him.
  • 1978 - Gaylord Perry becomes the first pitcher to win the Cy Young Award in both leagues. Perry cops the NL honor with a 21-6 record and a 2.72 ERA for the Padres. Perry had previously won the Award in 1972 with the Cleveland Indians.
  • 1986 - The New York Mets rally for three runs with two outs in the 10th inning against the Boston Red Sox to win 6-5 and push the World Series to a decisive seventh game. The tie-breaking run scores on Boston first baseman Bill Buckner's error on Mookie Wilson's slow grounder.
  • 1987 - The Minnesota Twins, behind Frank Viola, win their first World Series championship, beating the St. Louis Cardinals 4-2 in Game 7.
  • 2005 - Mark Buehrle becomes first pitcher to start and save consecutive World Series contests. After receiving a no-decision starting Game 2, the 26-year old southpaw gets the final out in the 14th inning of Game 3 to record a save as the White Sox beat the Astros, 7-5.
  • 2007 - Hideki Okajima becomes the first Japanese-born player to pitch in the World Series. The former Nippon Ham Fighters hurler comes out of the bullpen in relief of Curt Schilling and retires seven straight Rockies, including Kazuo Matsui, making it the first time Japanese natives have faced one another in the Fall Classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
That's terrific Fox. The one thing I wanted to see in a replay is you three shuffling around in your seats.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Welp.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Jesus Christ, Vargas.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Son of a bitch.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
That's an... interesting shirt choice, Erin.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

All the ads here are for elections and erections.

Hello Game 5 title.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I have no idea what just happened but I like it.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Call me crazy but something about that canoe setup seems unsafe.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
WHY IS VARGAS STILL IN THIS GAME? :bang:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Yost you imbecile.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIgzinn24GY

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Goddammit, Yost.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
That K's a little too little, too late there, Duff-man.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Yes, let's intentionally walk to load the bases for a man with 2 rbis already today. I see no flaws at all in this plan :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Why, God, why? :cry:

• Locked thread