Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Crotch Bat posted:

Here's the thing: I want to see FSU lose, too, but I don't want 3 SEC teams in the loving playoffs and that's what is gonna happen if FSU goes down.

There's no chance of this happening, current dumb poll they released or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kayakyakr posted:

If Texas Tech is ever really, really good, you better bet that I'll be as insufferable as possible.

So basically, I'll be sad and pitiable for the rest of my life.

Same here, but for ISU. I'd be smug as gently caress.

Like, in basketball I don't care as much, plus we've been good before and it's all just on a player or two anyway. So being good at basketball doesn't do that to me.

But if ISU ever had even a 9-3 season I'd be insufferable.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Emron posted:

Glad I made it back in time to catch the end of another signature dominant FSU victory

Elite ACC Football

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

swickles posted:

It would likely have to be where the transverse meets the ascending or descending colon. In order for his rib to pierce the bowel though he would also have to have a diaphragm injury as well, although I suppose it could be minor enough to be subclinical.

How would this sort of injury happen? Helmet to the gut?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Sash! posted:

How many people do they have working these? I guess I'd always sort of assumed that someone just did, like, all the passing stats and they were able to generate the "Ben threw to Miller" stat on the fly from a computer.

Late to this, but some of it is auto generated by the guys imputing stuff into the computer, but its not really easy to just pull that up quickly and plop it into a graphic. Typically the "graphics" crew is libero operator (the person actually making the graphics happen), a shot caller, and a bug (the thing that the score is actually on) operator then an o-stats guy doing what I do and a "talent" stats guy who's working with the on-air guys handing them stats and other poo poo. In bigger crews, like what you see on on ESPN's prime time productions or any of the national FSN shows (given what I know about CBS's college basketball, I assume their football operation is even crazier) you'll have more people involved and you might have a couple graphics people and more "stats" guys (Fox has been having talent, ostats, and a first and ten guy) Which means my job is sometimes different from crew to crew and production to production.

Like Baylor, I was working with a guy who wanted to call the game entirely and all I had to do was correct him if he was wrong and occasionally give them stuff like drive chart or FG distance. Other times I am not even really on with the Talent Stats because I am doing nothing but servicing the bug operator or for ESPN's basketball show "slider" (which is a little different than just the bug.)

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Late to this, but some of it is auto generated by the guys imputing stuff into the computer, but its not really easy to just pull that up quickly and plop it into a graphic. Typically the "graphics" crew is libero operator (the person actually making the graphics happen), a shot caller, and a bug (the thing that the score is actually on) operator then an o-stats guy doing what I do and a "talent" stats guy who's working with the on-air guys handing them stats and other poo poo. In bigger crews, like what you see on on ESPN's prime time productions or any of the national FSN shows (given what I know about CBS's college basketball, I assume their football operation is even crazier) you'll have more people involved and you might have a couple graphics people and more "stats" guys (Fox has been having talent, ostats, and a first and ten guy) Which means my job is sometimes different from crew to crew and production to production.

Like Baylor, I was working with a guy who wanted to call the game entirely and all I had to do was correct him if he was wrong and occasionally give them stuff like drive chart or FG distance. Other times I am not even really on with the Talent Stats because I am doing nothing but servicing the bug operator or for ESPN's basketball show "slider" (which is a little different than just the bug.)

Would you mind creating a thread and doing an Ask me About Having a Kick rear end Football Job?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Sash! posted:

How would this sort of injury happen? Helmet to the gut?

Any blow to the ribcage would be sufficient. Helmet, shoulder, foot while in a pile. Hell, a good punch could even do it.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

swickles posted:

Any blow to the ribcage would be sufficient. Helmet, shoulder, foot while in a pile. Hell, a good punch could even do it.

tell me how to leverage being real good at fast action photography into being a sideline photographer please. also how to make a company buy me expensive lenses

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

wheez the roux posted:

tell me how to leverage being real good at fast action photography into being a sideline photographer please. also how to make a company buy me expensive lenses

There is a dude on here who does that kind of stuff. One of the Virginia Tech posters I believe. Here, I will send out a signal to make them appear for you...

Bryan Stinespring
Bryan Stinespring
Bryan Stinespring

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

You should send out the "Frank Beamer is a good coach" trigger instead

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Fluffdaddy posted:

You should send out the "Frank Beamer is a good coach" trigger instead

Won't result in a strong enough disturbance in the force for them to feel it. Stinespring is single handedly responsible for many a thousand yard stare. And I mean that in the sense that a thousand yards is his offense's ceiling for a season and all you can do is stare in disbelief.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That's a strong signal and all but he posted on the last page talking about working VT games.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
For us at Kent I know it's literally a student photographer, but he's really loving good at what he does and he shoots Browns games and UFC events and poo poo. He's still an undergrad dude I think but I could double check.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Not to drag this back up but

quote:

When Harrell was a sophomore, Texas Tech faced a crucial fourth down late in a game on the road against Texas A&M. Leach called “Ace Check,” which meant the Red Raiders would line up in a single-back formation, and then it was up to Harrell to audible to whatever play he wanted. “I’m thinking, Come on, man,” Harrell says. “But by my senior year, he did that half the time, and I loved it.”

Leach is one of the ballsiest coaches in CFB. I love it. I wish Chip Kelly was still in the Pac-12 to go along with.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
From 247:

:negative:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Not to drag this back up but

Leach is one of the ballsiest coaches in CFB. I love it. I wish Chip Kelly was still in the Pac-12 to go along with.

no please drag it up, everyone should read that article, you're the only one to comment on it and i went to all that work bolding :negative:

seriously this thing is a loving pro-tier click http://grantland.com/features/mike-leach-connor-halliday-washington-state-cougars/

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

R.D. Mangles posted:

You fuckers just wait until Northwestern goes to the Rose Bowl

This reminds me to start looking into life insurance.

wheez the roux posted:

no please drag it up, everyone should read that article, you're the only one to comment on it and i went to all that work bolding :negative:

seriously this thing is a loving pro-tier click http://grantland.com/features/mike-leach-connor-halliday-washington-state-cougars/

It was a really good read, thanks.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Emron posted:

Glad I made it back in time to catch the end of another signature dominant FSU victory

24 straight, bitch.

FSU is a wildly inconsistent team that oscillates between offensive juggernaut and middling ACC team. I completely expect this to catch up to them at some point this year before the playoff. Our blood will be spilled, you heathens will be satiated.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

wheez the roux posted:

I love everything about Mike Leach. He's like Spurrier, but he cares even less. I love his ADD.

I remember reading an article some years ago while he was on hiatus, and the reporter described him arriving for the interview on rollerblades, wearing denim cutoffs, with a big-gulp sized coffee in his hand.

I've been :swoon: over Leach since that very moment. A brilliant guy that doesn't give a gently caress what anyone thinks.

One day Craig James is going to disappear. Years later we will find out he rotted in the bilge of Leach's replica pirate ship, and there will rejoicing.

I'd take Leach at UF any day of the loving week.

E: typos

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Oct 31, 2014

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Mike Leach is a boss and you should all read that article.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Better ingredients, better defense, Papa Johns

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

NCAA denied UGA's request to reinstate Gurley early. He'll be back for Auburn and you know he is going to play with a huge chip on his shoulder.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

swickles posted:

Would you mind creating a thread and doing an Ask me About Having a Kick rear end Football Job?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3677668

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Re: Louisville, Notre Dame
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjUCjNQxjrU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

DAVE BRANDON IS OUT, BITCH

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Hello yes this is Emron I would like to apply for the job of Michigan AD

My qualifications? I can sit down and do nothing with the best of them, could probably tell others to do the same. I have an extensive collection of keys

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Emron posted:

Brandon will stoop to any level to avoid fire Dave Brandon shirts, including getting fired.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

KKKLIP ART posted:

Brandon will stoop to any level to avoid fire Dave Brandon shirts, including getting fired.

Dave Brandon would be completely cool with selling Fire Dave Brandon shirts at the stadium, though, as long as he got a cut.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Deteriorata posted:

Dave Brandon would be completely cool with selling Fire Dave Brandon shirts at the stadium, though, as long as he got a cut.

This has been his plan all along.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Emron posted:

Hoke gets promoted to AD... Just you watch.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Raku posted:

This has been his plan all along.

Thunderous rap music plays as the team takes the field in a uniform that combines matte black with red camo. A massive screen plays a car insurance commercial. Overhead, fireworks spell out

F I R E D A V E B R A N D O N

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

Thunderous rap music plays as the team takes the field in a uniform that combines matte black with red camo. A massive screen plays a car insurance commercial. Overhead, fireworks spell out

F I R E D A V E B R A N D O N

And Dave Brandon hires a skywriter to spell :owned:

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

This story concludes with Michigan losing by 30 to some other unranked big 10 team.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Fluffdaddy posted:

This story concludes with Michigan losing by 30 to some other unranked big 10 team.

Which will probably happen tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
wrong thread

• Locked thread