Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Jesus guys.

*sigh*

At least this happened:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Colorado and Kentucky could have made today something glorious

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Despite my hopes and/or predictions it's another glorious bowl season under Paul Johnson.

Presented without comment:

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
For a while today, Mizzou had more penalty yardage than passing yards. Mauk is pretty bad. On the bright side though, we didn't lose to Vandy at homecoming and also that was our 6th (and possibly last) win of the season! Now we can go to a bowl no one cares about and lose horribly!!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Slate Action posted:

Despite my hopes and/or predictions it's another glorious bowl season under Paul Johnson.

Presented without comment:

Operation 4-4 can still survive

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
UK's game just shows that UK is a year(or two) away. We need Linebackers, and our Offensive Line has to improve to win these type of games. This team has shown a lot and I'm pretty happy with how UK played. Also calling my shot, UK wins two of the last four games to win seven games this season.

P.S.
Fire Naivar for that stupid rear end onside kick bullshit

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

E: Wrong thread but this weekend had some pretty good football

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV lost to a true freshman fourth string qb

Fire Hauck

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan scored ELEVEN points against Michigan State!

They also gave up 450 yards on defense. Chris Spielman thought that was something to applaud Michigan's effort on. He is a fool.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sorry your dreamy former player didn't work out, Tech.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

Michigan scored ELEVEN points against Michigan State!

They also gave up 450 yards on defense. Chris Spielman thought that was something to applaud Michigan's effort on. He is a fool.

They're not even comically inept. They're just painfully inept.

I'm done being upset about it. I don't see a winnable game left on the schedule.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan's Hockey team has scored 10 points so far this weekend, with a period to play against Boston University.

The joke here is obvious.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

RIP Washington State

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thoguh posted:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sorry your dreamy former player didn't work out, Tech.

I'm honestly trying to figure out which part of this comparison to be more offended by.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
Virginia Tech sucks. Tennessee is not great. Both teams converging, but at least one is on the path up?

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
TCU scored 82 points the same amount of times their basketball team has (once)

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Operation 4-4 can still survive

coastal bithc

:smith:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
fire dave brandon

fire brady hoke

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Dead Pressed posted:

Virginia Tech sucks. Tennessee is not great. Both teams converging, but at least one is on the path up?

Virginia Tech's going to need to pick it up if they want to finish 4-4 in-conference like the rest of us

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Per the Big XII, replay refs are allowed to step in if a call is "egregious"

The replay ref did not feel this was egregious. Check the play clock.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Don't you get injury time in football maybe that was it

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

The same thing happened in the OKState/WVU game today - OKState got about 4 extra seconds on a snap in the 4th quarter. Not that it matters because the QB is real bad.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Per the Big XII, replay refs are allowed to step in if a call is "egregious"

The replay ref did not feel this was egregious. Check the play clock.

This happens pretty regularly. The clock on the screen is not official, it's run by a guy in the production truck. It's often off by a second or two.

Beyond that, there's usually a lapse of about a second between the clock expiring and the refs calling it. They have to look at the clock, confirm it's at 0:00, then look at the ball and see if it's been snapped.

That isn't egregious. It's just reality.

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
Pitt turned the ball over 6 times against Georgia Tech. 5 of them in the 1st quarter. I wasn't sure we were going to win until it was a 4 possession game in the 4th quarter.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Deteriorata posted:

This happens pretty regularly. The clock on the screen is not official, it's run by a guy in the production truck. It's often off by a second or two.

Beyond that, there's usually a lapse of about a second between the clock expiring and the refs calling it. They have to look at the clock, confirm it's at 0:00, then look at the ball and see if it's been snapped.

That isn't egregious. It's just reality.

He's jsut really butt hurt that WVU is better than life-long cellar dweller Iowa State.

Speaking of which, lots of speculation about gameday being here this week.

I know that the crewing company I work with for Fox didn't know, as of this weekend, if they were having the game or if ESPN wanted it, and they thought that if ESPN got it, there was a decent enough chance it would be on gameday.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress off, Ole Miss! gently caress OFF!!!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Nick Saban gonna back right into the playoffs again.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
peak les miles bullshit tonight

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

CraigK posted:

peak les miles bullshit tonight

Dude, I know this is going to sound like homerism, but you absolutely didn't pay attention to the game tonight if you think it was "bullshit" that won that game for LSU.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Hail Saban.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Steve Spurrier: "This was almost a fun game" :smith:

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Dude, I know this is going to sound like homerism, but you absolutely didn't pay attention to the game tonight if you think it was "bullshit" that won that game for LSU.

I know, that was a weird game all around. But yeah, so much for Ole Miss's run defense.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Florida's beating Georgia in a week.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I should be at least somewhat entertained and encouraged after watching an incredibly interesting shootout, but at the moment I'm just too pissed about losing to Auburn for the 4598405984509th time. It's also just a huge bummer that we've finally put together a dynamic offense and the one thing we've always consistently done well -- defense -- has completely fallen apart.

gently caress, gently caress, gently caress Auburn.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Save us, Dak Prescott.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I was stuck in the house all day without cable and was pulling out my hair not being able to watch. With a 10-7 score did I even miss much?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

BigBoss posted:

Save us, Dak Prescott Nick Marshall.

Fixed that one for you.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

UoI posted:

I was stuck in the house all day without cable and was pulling out my hair not being able to watch. With a 10-7 score did I even miss much?

It was actually a pretty fun game to watch, yeah.

Also, I gotta' give props to Freeze; he seemed to have a pretty genuine moment with Les after the game & I imagine he was passing his condolences on for Miles' mother. Pretty awesome.

Also, Freeze was yelling "NO! BO! NO!" during that last play...I'll have to check the DVR to see if there was an open receiver.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

BigBoss posted:

Save us, Dak Prescott.

He's got this. Dak's gonna win it all.

greatn posted:

Fixed that one for you.

Dak already won that battle for the right to face Saban in single combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Florida's beating Georgia in a week.

lol.

• Locked thread