Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Florida's beating Georgia in a week.

If Driskel is playing and your defense has hands that work, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

C2C - 2.0 posted:

It was actually a pretty fun game to watch, yeah.

I wish you had lied to me. :smith:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

tranime scholar posted:

If Driskel is playing and your defense has hands that work, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Treon is starting, and we are stout on the run.

Still won't happen though.

Uga is Muschamp kryptonite.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
So proud of the team tonight. The offense of course had some stumbles, but the defense really locked Ole Miss down for most of the night. Very happy with their performance overall.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

lol, apparently Auburn had two players on the field with the same number during the last play, so they should have been penalized and we should've gotten another shot.

We absolutely still would have lost, but geez, I didn't need to know that.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

dude789 posted:

So proud of the team tonight. The offense of course had some stumbles, but the defense really locked Ole Miss down for most of the night. Very happy with their performance overall.

You & me both. It's been a horrendous week for me; got mono in south Texas & have been back home resting & trying to get better. Game really lifted my spirits...man was Beckwith on fire tonight or what?

:hfive:

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

You & me both. It's been a horrendous week for me; got mono in south Texas & have been back home resting & trying to get better. Game really lifted my spirits...man was Beckwith on fire tonight or what?

:hfive:

Thanks for beating those jerks. Now we have the whole drat spotlight.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Is it time for lesdealwithit.gif?

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
I know we've beaten Ole Miss a lot since then, but this is the game that I think finally makes up for what may be my single most galling LSU loss, in 2009.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Sorry to Wazzu I feel like our programs are kindred spirits but that win cleaned a lot of the bad taste the USC loss left in my mouth.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Thanks for beating those jerks. Now we have the whole drat spotlight.

And on that note:even though everybody is laughing at you tonight, I wanna thank the ole miss posters for not being nearly as obnoxious as the Dan mullen human centipede

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Dude, I know this is going to sound like homerism, but you absolutely didn't pay attention to the game tonight if you think it was "bullshit" that won that game for LSU.

As a neutral observer it seemed to be Mississippi's QB throwing the ball 5 feet over the head of wide open wrs like 20x and then throwing a horrendous interception to end the game after they somehow took a delay of game penalty like a Brady Hoke coached team

speaking of Brady Hoke, in the most slap fighty rivalry in sports, Michigan heroically planted a "spear" (tiny tent spike) on MSU's field, because, being a powerhouse team, they should definitely taunt a 17 point favorite on the road, Mark Dantonio unleashed his mighty revenge by scoring a meaningless touchdown with 20 seconds left instead of taking a knee, while cackling with knowing glee. And of course there were a bunch of cheap personal fouls, because that's apparently what happens in this game from both teams now.

I hate everything about both of these schools. At least we can start up a sweet rivalry with a team more on our level like Indiana or Purdue soon.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Marquis de Pyro posted:

As a neutral observer it seemed to be Mississippi's QB throwing the ball 5 feet over the head of wide open wrs like 20x and then throwing a horrendous interception to end the game after they somehow took a delay of game penalty like a Brady Hoke coached team

And all those white jerseys in Wallace's face (the same ones who recorded multiple sacks) had nothing to do with those errant throws?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

C2C - 2.0 posted:

And all those white jerseys in Wallace's face (the same ones who recorded multiple sacks) had nothing to do with those errant throws?

That's also a mark of a Brady Hoke coached team.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I'm not saying LSU didn't play well, but I kind of expected the QB for the #3 team in the country to not miss WIDE OPEN guys repeatedly and have it not even be close. Dude was 14/33 on the game and it sure didn't seem like he was lacking in open targets.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Raku posted:

And on that note:even though everybody is laughing at you tonight, I wanna thank the ole miss posters for not being nearly as obnoxious as the Dan mullen human centipede

Hey man, we'd act like we've been there before but, well...

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
I was mostly impressed with LSU's offensive line. They were able to consistently get the rb's past the first level and give Jennings sufficient time to pass.

Not the biggest accolades but they have come far since the beginning of the season.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Sometimes I don't like football

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Kibner posted:

I was mostly impressed with LSU's offensive line. They were able to consistently get the rb's past the first level and give Jennings sufficient time to pass.

Not the biggest accolades but they have come far since the beginning of the season.

They struggled early this year with zone blocking, but they've gotten better each & every game. It's almost like a completely different unit than the one that started the season.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

Marquis de Pyro posted:

#3 team in the country

ESPN's ticker showed a pretty obscure but interesting stat - in the last 20 years, there have been two times where a team bumped off a top-3 opponent while only scoring 10 or fewer points. Both times were LSU under Les Miles.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm not saying LSU didn't play well, but I kind of expected the QB for the #3 team in the country to not miss WIDE OPEN guys repeatedly and have it not even be close. Dude was 14/33 on the game and it sure didn't seem like he was lacking in open targets.

Feel free to read up on Wallace's stint at Ole Miss, but I'll save you the time: if you pressure him early, he turns into a wildly inaccurate passer. It's the de facto strategy to remove him effectively from the game.

LSC
Apr 17, 2006

Captain von Trapp posted:

ESPN's ticker showed a pretty obscure but interesting stat - in the last 20 years, there have been two times where a team bumped off a top-3 opponent while only scoring 10 or fewer points. Both times were LSU under Les Miles.

2011 Alabama being the other?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Feel free to read up on Wallace's stint at Ole Miss, but I'll save you the time: if you pressure him early, he turns into a wildly inaccurate passer. It's the de facto strategy to remove him effectively from the game.

Ok, but what if you're Auburn and you can't pressure quarterbacks? I guess if LSU can run on them Auburn sure as hell should be able to.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
So I'm photographing games for The Key Play this year and he had me record the entrance on Thursday night instead of taking pictures for a bit. I'm going to choose to remember this part of the game rather than what happened after. That crowd was fantastic and sadly wasted on that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijq94hBfXes

Go Hokies :unsmith:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ohio State survived.

Uh...more first half Buckeyes, less second half Buckeyes. Please.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

Duraznos posted:

2011 Alabama being the other?

They didn't say, but if the stat was accurate that had to have been it.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Les Mileserables?

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
Someone died at the LSU game, espn might want to change headlines

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

For as bad as this PSU team is, I did not expect seeing them take a top 15 team to OT

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Kidd-Liggit posted:

Someone died at the LSU game, espn might want to change headlines

Did they actually pass away? I read about someone having CPR administered in section 409 after the interception that sealed the game.

Such an odd night in Tiger Stadium:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

greatn posted:

Ok, but what if you're Auburn and you can't pressure quarterbacks? I guess if LSU can run on them Auburn sure as hell should be able to.

Eh...I think today was a special case. Ellis Johnson and Steve Spurrier worked together for 4 years. There is no way in the world that Spurrier wasn't super familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of his defense. It was almost like he knew the formations in advance. Dude is an amazing offensive coach.

As for Ole Miss? Who knows? It depends on which Auburn team decides to show up that day.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Bo Wallace sucked so hard he killed someone.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

tranime scholar posted:

Bo Wallace sucked so hard he killed someone.

For a moment I thought he might have killed himself in the locker room

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Raku posted:

For a moment I thought he might have killed himself in the locker room

Who do you figure his kaishakunin for his seppuku?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Sash! posted:

Who do you figure his kaishakunin for his seppuku?

Nkemdiche. Dude is a hardass warrior

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

I was at the PSU game and I'm extremely confused what happened on Ohio States first PAT. Did they call a penalty for leaping

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
yes

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Great White Hope posted:

Ohio State survived.

Uh...more first half Buckeyes, less second half Buckeyes. Please.

Barrett was good then bad then won us the game. Also the defense looked good. I loving hate away games at night I feel like they are loving traps and I don't want them anymore. :colbert:

College football is all over the loving place this year and I have no idea what's going on anymore.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
No Dr. Bo has lost his first patient jokes?

• Locked thread