Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Ahahaahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahaha

(3-5, 1-3 Big Ten)

You can actually see that the wheels have fallen off. What the hell are they still doing with that idiot coach?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

LLCoolJD posted:

(3-5, 1-3 Big Ten)

You can actually see that the wheels have fallen off. What the hell are they still doing with that idiot coach?

Firing him mid-season is unlikely to have any positive impact. Also, Dave Brandon, the guy who fired Rodriguez so he could hire Hoke, would be able to choose his successor.

At this point Hoke knows he's done, and Brandon hasn't been heard from in weeks except to announce a huge cut in student ticket prices for next year. He's done, too.

Waiting for the toilet to get flushed is the hardest part at the moment.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
N: Texas continues to be remarkably bad at football
V: 2016!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Teams that are bad: Michigan, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas
Teams that are good: Mississippi State, Baylor, TCU, Kansas State

The world is broken

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Deteriorata posted:

Yeah, he plays a lot like Devin Gardner. Hearing footsteps constantly due to getting sacked frequently, never being able to trust the line to give him a pocket so panicking and doing dumb things.

Not that Hack is a great quarterback, but he looks far worse behind that bad line.

Losing BOB probably hurts a ton too.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Roasted Donut posted:

gameday is going to morgantown next week

I am not sure how I feel about this.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am not sure how I feel about this.

Win, then burn the game day set

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Raku posted:

Win, then burn the game day set

lol. its going to be f'in crazy since it's a Halloween game and we do Halloween big at wvu

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

MourningView posted:

I don't think it's necessarily him. Playing behind that awful offensive line just ruined him

that's totally true but it also doesn't account for constantly throwing behind receivers, throwing off his back foot, and terrible decision making at times

anyways, so as loving angry and miserable as i was last night today is a lot better. our anniversary is tomorrow so we just exchanged presents today and she got me tickets to the PSU/Sparty game at the end of the year. I'm so drat happy, i haven't been to a game since undergrad

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
USC continues to lose to weaker teams at the 1min mark in the 4th quarter gently caress this season and gently caress sark for good measure.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

bhsman posted:

What games that weekend could challenge it for Gameday? This will be in two weeks, mind.

Baylor/OU? in a different timeline

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

bhsman posted:

What games that weekend could challenge it for Gameday? This will be in two weeks, mind.
Utah-Oregon, ASU-Notre Dame, and TCU-KState seem reasonable.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

bhsman posted:

They won't go to Baton Rouge again.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
So this got posted on the Longhorns FB page:

So that's why our OL sucks. Silly me thinking it was because they're all 2nd and 3rd stringers with single digit starts.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

My guess is Utah-Oregon

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Jamal Adams is the new Labron James:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
:laffo: apparently Chad "Swag" Kelly got an offer from VT...
http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Chad-Kelly-ACC-offer-17624

Have fun with that shithead, hokies...

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Jamal Adams is the new Labron James:

gently caress Ole Miss, but gently caress that guy harder. This ain't soccer.

Scarf posted:

:laffo: apparently Chad "Swag" Kelly got an offer from VT...
http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Chad-Kelly-ACC-offer-17624

Have fun with that shithead, hokies...

He will be the starting QB at Ole Miss next year. They have not started someone they have recruited out of high school in over a decade.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

quote:

October 26, 2014

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Below is a statement from University of Michigan head football coach Brady Hoke:

“I want to publicly apologize to Coach Dantonio as well as the players and supporters of Michigan State for our act of poor sportsmanship displayed pre-game yesterday. I spoke with Mark earlier today and expressed to him that we meant no disrespect to his team. During our regular Friday night team meeting, one of the topics presented to motivate our team was a history lesson addressing commitment and teamwork in a tough environment. A tent stake was presented to the team as a symbol of this concept. The stake was brought into our locker room as a visual reminder, and one of our team leaders chose to take it out on the field. As the leader of our football program, I take full responsibility for the actions of our team. We believe in displaying a high level of respect at the University of Michigan and unfortunately that was not reflected by this action prior to kickoff.”

Dantonio then gave Hoke a wedgie and stuffed him in a locker. (OK, it was a band locker for tubas).

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
They got that press release out about 36 hours faster than anything about Shane Morris

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Deteriorata posted:

Dantonio then gave Hoke a wedgie and stuffed him in a locker. (OK, it was a band locker for tubas).
Mark Dantonio thanks Brady Hoke for yet more of his motivational expertise and appreciates his hard work as Michigan coach.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Deteriorata posted:

That is a lot of words over a really small thing

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Deteriorata posted:

...were...were people actually offended by throwing a stake in the ground?

Richt didn't apologize to Meyer after the entire team ran out to celebrate a td that one game.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Hoke teaches his team how to pitch a tent :mmmhmm:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

pillsburysoldier posted:

...were...were people actually offended by throwing a stake in the ground?

MSU fans tend to get offended by almost anything Michigan does, so yes.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Deteriorata posted:

Don't apologize for trying to get your team fired up...apologize because you selected a goddamn 8-inch tent peg as the symbol. Jesus...call FSU or USC if you wanna' find out what to jam into the turf.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Shove a live, infuriated wolverine straight into the ground

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Deteriorata posted:

That's so precious.

Also your admin is lame as gently caress for making this statement

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

You do realize this is only because Arizona and Utah haven't played as many conference games as ASU, right?

That's not entirely correct. ASU holds the tie breaker over UA currently because ASU beat SC and UA lost to SC, so even if UA had played another game, ASU is still ahead of them. Though your point is true about UU.

The larger point is, ASU turned it around after an embarrassing loss. In years passed under Erickson or Koetter the season would've gone into the toilet and ASU would've finished 6-6 and lost in the New Mexico Bowl or something because they didn't care. Under Graham, ASU has shown the ability to recover from humbling losses and still have good seasons (i.e winning the P-12S last year after getting crushed @ Stanford).

It's crazy but the toughest part of ASU's schedule is still upcoming. Going into the season one would've thought the toughest games were Stanford, @ USC, UCLA and ND. Now it seems they're ND, UU, @ U of A.

If the Territorial Cup game is for the P-12 South I do not think my nerves can handle that, so I really need you all to lose a few before then.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Hey guys.

1) Mississippi State
2) FSU
3) Alabama
4) Auburn

What the gently caress, AP Poll? K-State shuts out Texas and we don't move a single spot, on top of that utter bullshit?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Deteriorata posted:

I don't think you understand how rivalries work, like at all

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Strobe posted:

Hey guys.

1) Mississippi State
2) FSU
3) Alabama
4) Auburn

What the gently caress, AP Poll? K-State shuts out Texas and we don't move a single spot, on top of that utter bullshit?

Um...uh...

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Chad Kelly picker up an offer for VT btw

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Strobe posted:

Hey guys.

1) Mississippi State
2) FSU
3) Alabama
4) Auburn

Texas is bad

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Um...uh...

Not sure what exactly the bolded part means, but that was a thing that happened this week.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Strobe posted:

Hey guys.

1) Mississippi State
2) FSU
3) Alabama
4) Auburn

The worst of those teams already beat you

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Strobe posted:

Not sure what exactly the bolded part means, but that was a thing that happened this week.

It means that I think K-State is a lot better than people thought they were at the beginning of the year, but that getting a bump for shutting out UT shouldn't be expected...UT loving sucks.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Raku posted:

The worst of those teams already beat you

Not because they played better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Strobe posted:

Hey guys.

1) Mississippi State
2) FSU
3) Alabama
4) Auburn

why would you brag about shutting out texas

do you brag about winning fights with 2 year olds

• Locked thread