Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I still remember my AIM info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
I still remember my ICQ number but either I forgot the password or my account no longer exists. :smith:

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Smoremaster posted:

I still remember my ICQ number but either I forgot the password or my account no longer exists. :smith:

Same..cant believe they deleted it, i used to talk to a girl named stacia in arizona when i was 14 with it and i wanna login and see how shes doin

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Proud AIM user here :smith:

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Lets be honest, the idea of semi-anonymously chatting to people on the internet via forums is a dated concept too. Clearly since we're all posting up a storm on ello now, that should be in there somewhere.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

republican plant spotted.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Unhinged Vulcan posted:

republican plant spotted.

Also pinterest. Pinterest is for neocon scrapbookers mostly.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
Though not 2002, I remember myspace. All my "friends" were spambots.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
I think he mentioned that they're working on an update so we can add our Myspace, Friendster, and Newgrounds account info.

Robot Uprising
Sep 19, 2006

Spinning Buzz Saws

Trees and Squids posted:

lowtax bring back the digg button you hack

The digg button never left , its just hidden

<input type="hidden" name="digg_url" value="http://digg.com/submit?

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

add a livejournal part so i can link to my livejournal

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
icq #1683801

not sure why i still remember that.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Trees and Squids posted:

lowtax bring back the digg button you hack

give plat members the ability to create their own social network-like page. Essentially, an expanded, more aesthetically pleasing profile section.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Everytime I hear a register make the ICQ message sound it weirds me out. And for some reason alot of gas station registers make the ICQ message sound.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
motherfucking diaryland, bitches.

also I had msn messenger until like, 08 or 09

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
msn messenger back in 2006 was quite nice.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

4outof5 posted:

Everytime I hear a register make the ICQ message sound it weirds me out. And for some reason alot of gas station registers make the ICQ message sound.

This and the sound effect from Sonic

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
I think you could replace them with links to Ello and Grindr profiles. Most goons would be happy I think.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Idiot Kicker posted:

motherfucking diaryland, bitches.

also I had msn messenger until like, 08 or 09

I used that bitch to get me laid up until like 2012 when they forcibly killed it

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
for being one of the few forums that actually charges users money for everything most of SA's interface and tools are stuck in like 2006

which is the last year it was relevant so good on them i guess

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

fyodor posted:

i bet you go to shopping malls

if I need old navy or bath & body works or Pac Sun then your drat right i do!

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Ahhh! 2002 keeps calling me and playing this song over and over.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJJsoquu70o

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Lowtax made a thread about this a while ago, I believe it is part of the reason for the current GBS subtitle.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i use skype for chatting w/ efriends

Philadelphia
Sep 29, 2014
Why hasn't Lowtax added a button that allows me to simultaneously post all of my posts to facebook, twitter, and tumblr at once. It's 2014.

Bivens
Jun 23, 2003

die mensch·maschine
currently logged into AIM, will be logged into AIM so long as there's clients available

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I still use AIM. It and Steam permanently occupy the right half of my right monitor. Winamp is below Steam

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Kinda like nipples OP.

Mine are useless but I still want to keep them.

The Gentleman
Jun 21, 2012
I really miss AIM and MSN and ICQ. Good way to know if someone was online on their computer, you know? Also very casual, you could ask nearly anyone for their IM-info. What do you do these days? Go ask them for their facebook? Thats pretty intimiate, if its the first time you meet.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Darth Freddy posted:

gently caress you my ICQ is 76766250. Just logged in via the web based thing, hit me up

haha look at this 8-digit scrub

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

The Gentleman posted:

I really miss AIM and MSN and ICQ. Good way to know if someone was online on their computer, you know? Also very casual, you could ask nearly anyone for their IM-info. What do you do these days? Go ask them for their facebook? Thats pretty intimiate, if its the first time you meet.

"Yo girl what's your Steam? We should jam in CS sometime"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

check out my deviantart profile babyt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Ahhh! 2002 keeps calling me and playing this song over and over.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJJsoquu70o

I feel bad for the children of future generations, they'll have their work cut out for them when it comes to feeling nostalgia for the 2000's

• Locked thread