Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
The Lions are one of like 3 teams that I wouldn't even care if they went through the Giants to get a Super Bowl win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The Detroit lions bitch.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Matthew Stafford, bitch.

This chart tells me that Aaron Rodgers is a scrub clown and we should all hope to have Clutch Quarterbacks like Matthew Stafford and Tim Tebow on our teams. Furthermore, Lions bitch

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

That quote won me over to the Jim Caldwell army. Our coach is goddamn Marcus Aurelius.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

UGA says you're loving welcome, Lions.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I owned a Lions starter jacket during the early 90's.

I also owned a Trapper Keeper that had Robert Goddamn Porcher and Barry Sanders on it.

I would've taken a bullet for Scott Mitchell during the 1995 season.

Lions, bitch.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I want a Lions Starter pullovers jacket. I'll never take it off.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I was really okay with Joey Harrington winning that game. I mean, he was a complete garbage quarterback but nobody deserved to play behind that offensive line while throwing the ball to the ghost of Az-Zahir Hakim.

I ate Thanksgiving dinner alone in my apartment that day; laughing like a maniac with every Joey TD. It was a real low point.

Don't forget the time Matt Millen called Johnny Morton (ex-Lion) a human being around a bunch of people. Go get em, bud!!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Matt stafford has always been to coolest dude to me. gently caress you lions you lucky bastards

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Matt stafford has always been to coolest dude to me. gently caress you lions you lucky bastards

Here's the proof.

quote:

Playboy's top 10 Party Schools 2009

1. University of Miami
2. University of Texas - Austin
3. San Diego State University
4. University of Florida
5. University of Arizona
6. University of Wisconsin - Madison
7. University of Georgia
8. Louisiana State University
9. University of Iowa
10. West Virginia University

quote:

Matthew Stafford is drafted into the NFL

quote:

Playboy's top 10 Party Schools 2010

1. University of Texas at Austin
2. West Virginia University
3. University of Wisconsin-Madison
4. University of Miami
5. East Carolina University
6. Arizona State University
7. Rollins College
8. University of California-Santa Barbara
9. Plymouth State University
10. University of Iowa

Lions, Bitch.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol that's gotta be miami of Ohio not florida because there's nothing close to actual party in Miami unless you love $50 covers while in college

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Lol that's gotta be miami of Ohio not florida because there's nothing close to actual party in Miami unless you love $50 covers while in college

UPenn is their #1 school this year and I love getting shot the moment I leave campus so take the rankings with a grain of salt.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Caldwell took the Colts to the superbowl and got us Andrew Luck so screw you haters Lions Bitch!

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 31, 2014

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

AAA DOLFAN posted:

The Ohio one is called "Miami University". :spergin:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The inevitable Lions collapse this year is going to be so glorious.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Kirios posted:

The inevitable Lions collapse this year is going to be so glorious completely expected.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

BigBoss posted:

UPenn is their #1 school this year and I love getting shot the moment I leave campus so take the rankings with a grain of salt.

pullman isn't ranked ergo it's stupid and wrong

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Kirios posted:

all of us diehards are already expecting this. we are masters of the cognitive dissonance of both loving our team and knowing deep down they will fail

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
They already have failed, it's just everyone else is failing even harder.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Scipiotik posted:

They already have failed, it's just everyone else is failing even harder.

Yeah the Lions legit tried to fail in London but then the Falcons went and hosed up even more! LIONS BITCH.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Wouldn't be the first/last time they won out late in a race to the bottom

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Punch Card posted:

That quote won me over to the Jim Caldwell army. Our coach is goddamn Marcus Aurelius.

My Faves

Hmmm.
Who would be it be, if I could sack ANY quarterback in the NFL?
Ryan Tannehill.

About playing exclusively on east coast team until Lions Bitch

No, it's just coincidence. I'm glad I didn't get shipped off to Oakland, or Seattle or something. It was just by chance.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

I'd expect this from some scum bag Packers fan but a Texans fan. Shameful

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

As a Packers fan, if the Packers don't win the division I'm on the loving Lions train until the end

choo choo motherfuckers

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Lil' Rufio would definitely appreciate a Lions Bitch.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

tinstaach posted:

Lil' Rufio would definitely appreciate a Lions Bitch.

Why did you put a jersey on a squirrel

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Petite Dinklage posted:

As a Packers fan, if the Packers don't win the division I'm on the loving Lions train until the end

choo choo motherfuckers

I know like four chill Packers fan. Well five now.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Why did you put a jersey on a squirrel

Lions needed a TE

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Question: If the Holy Lions do what we all expect of them and win the Super Bowl, what will happen to the United States of America?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Apples McGrind posted:

Question: If the Holy Lions do what we all expect of them and win the Super Bowl, what will happen to the United States of America?

Lions bitch.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Apples McGrind posted:

You remember the whole bullshit about New Orleans being revitalized after the Saints won the Super Bowl? Probably something like that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

computer parts posted:

You remember the whole bullshit about New Orleans being revitalized after the Saints won the Super Bowl? Probably something like that.

poo poo, we were already getting that narrative when the Lions just made the playoffs and the Tigers got good.

EDIT: Also when the Pistons won in 2004 it was "A BLUE COLLAR TEAM FOR A BLUE COLLAR TOWN," ignoring that they played in the burbs of one of America's wealthiest counties.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

poo poo, we were already getting that narrative when the Lions just made the playoffs and the Tigers got good.

EDIT: Also when the Pistons won in 2004 it was "A BLUE COLLAR TEAM FOR A BLUE COLLAR TOWN," ignoring that they played in the burbs of one of America's wealthiest counties.

Time to go to work.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The "Goin' to Work" thing was silly but Pistons games were so wild when they were getting hot. It's really a shame how bad they've gotten, and when Mr. D died they changed the presentation into something really lame and generic.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Plus the core of that Pistons team was four dudes who were basically journeymen, who played lock-down defense. They were the antithesis of pretty much everything anyone likes about the NBA, and that ruled if you were a fan of that team.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
In short, Pistons Bitch

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I fondly remember that era but I will never not laugh at the video montage of the players doing blue collar jobs. I can't find it on YouTube but they played it at the Palace before games.
Found this lmao.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Nov 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaEDPxWic94

• Locked thread