Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
The Battlecats!
gently caress anime boobs, give me mom cat boobs!

Get it here! Appstore link (Free)

Friend code spreadsheet. Do with this what you will. Put an X in the column to the right when you use a code since they're like one use only.

I mean, gently caress this poo poo forever.

This is much better. I think you can play this on the bus without people thinking you're a manchild.

Though they might think other things about you...

The Battlecats is the semi-successor to PONOS' excellently bizarre action strategy game Battlecats. You level up a base, manufacture an army of nightmarish cat...things and mob an enemy base. There are also treasures and capsules and cat food, all of these things that I know basically nothing about except that they're designed to separate you from your money by stimulating some weird lizard poo poo in your brain.

Talk about strategies here, exchange friend codes, or use the spreadsheet, do whatever!

tuyop fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

This game really is the best. Friend code: bpuvz

e: For actual content, Ninja Cat and Box of Cats seem to be as great as ever and are well worth you investment of Cat Food. Ninja Frog Cat + Giraffe Cat + Cat Gang will carry you through pretty much all of the early game content.

Klungar fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Oct 27, 2014

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

My code is: 82owp

Re: those pictures above is there a reason your base-cat costs are 75 and 150? Mine are level 10 and only cost 50 and 100 still. I'm up to Hollywood if that helps answer the question.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If you really want to whore for Moneko:

The first 10 stages (up to Japan) can be done in 10-15 minutes depending of how lazy you are on a second device. Buy the Tank Cat and only upgrade it + Cat. You should be able to get cat to 4-5 and tank to 3-4. You should also have enough for cat cannon range + charge before jumping into Japan. Trigger the hippo and let me get within cat range then throw everything you have at it. After 2-3 cat cannons the hippo goes down, you beat the stage, then enter your own code. No need to repeat stages or farm, just beeline for Japan and repeat until you get all the friend bonuses.

RedRupee posted:

My code is: 82owp

Re: those pictures above is there a reason your base-cat costs are 75 and 150? Mine are level 10 and only cost 50 and 100 still. I'm up to Hollywood if that helps answer the question.

Once you beat the "game" you unlock a new chapter (there's 3 total). Each chapter increases cat cost by 50%.

Also, please add Dancing Flasher Cat to the OP

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

RedRupee posted:

Cat production costs increase in Chapters 2 and 3.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Any significant changes from the old Battlecats?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bell_ posted:

Any significant changes from the old Battlecats?

A fuckton of new cats and special stages. Daily rolls for cat upgrades, a rare cat machine for super rare cats. The core of the game remains the same, they just added to it.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
The Chapter 3 boss is just absurd. Holy loving poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also I'm not sure if its standard with the Super Rare cats but they hit hard. Like really loving hard. At level 10 they'll straight kill almost anything short of a seal or rhino in one hit. Not even giant mythical cat or Valkyrie (at level 8) put out that much damage. The main drawback to hip hop / flashing cat is that his wind-up animation takes a good 2-3 seconds and is susceptible to knock-backs and stuns. They can take a hell of a beating too. Well worth the 1M+ XP they need to reach 10. I dread to see how much it'll take to get him to 20.

I love their goofy dance.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This game does indeed rule:

My code is 5k2x9. PLEASE! I need that dumb anime cat!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
This game is the best. It also changed up the translation so that its weird surrealistic humor is still weird and surrealistic but also comprehensible.

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

His name is "Gentleman Cat"

Is anyone close to unlocking a cat's "true form"? Seems like it would take a VERY long time.

e: Probably should put the android link in the OP https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.ponos.battlecatsen&hl=en

Highly Unnecessary fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 27, 2014

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I put in a single friend code and now it won't do anything other than say "This invitation code has already been entered." and not let me enter a new one. Whatever game that's fine.

I've been playing it a couple weeks and I'm one day away from getting the cat on the tricycle for logging in. I hope that drat thing is worth it.

My invite code is 1v5ec

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The thing is they aren't actually friend codes, they're referral codes. Once you enter who supposedly referred you, for obvious reason you can't enter another one. For that reason you should probably take yourself off the list once you get the last award unlocked.

Also, Tricycle cat is not really worth it.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
The opening crawl deserves some kind of award. I don't know what specific award but I'm sure there's one that fits.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bummey posted:

The opening crawl deserves some kind of award. I don't know what specific award but I'm sure there's one that fits.

The end credits are better. So is the story of legends one.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I can't wait for the PONOS / Simogo crossover. Device Cat

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Since no one has said it yet. Save your upgrades from the daily rolls. They can be used on max level cats to increase their level from 10 to 11 you can then use xp to get them to level 20. At level 20 you need another upgrade from the daily roll, then you can get that cat to level 30 and they change form again.

Level 30 normal cats seem to be the strongest cats in the game, so just enjoy whatever rare cats you what. Also I'm not sure if you can do thise for base upgrades.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 27, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shwqa posted:

Since no one has said it yet. Save your upgrades from the daily rolls. They can be used on max level cats to increase their level from 10 to 11 you can then use xp to get them to level 20. At level 20 you need another upgrade from the daily roll, then you can get that cat to level 30 and they change form again.

10 to 11+ is unlocked for everything by beating Chapter 2, no need to waste a daily roll on that.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

I put in a single friend code and now it won't do anything other than say "This invitation code has already been entered." and not let me enter a new one. Whatever game that's fine.

I've been playing it a couple weeks and I'm one day away from getting the cat on the tricycle for logging in. I hope that drat thing is worth it.

My invite code is 1v5ec

I added a column to the right of the BC code column for an X. Put an X there when you use a code.

Someone highlighted one code that they used (I think), that was cool too.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Welp, there goes my "read the news while commuting" habit.

I never got J-Pop anime cat the first go-around. Maybe this time will be different? spda6

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Reposting from the main iOS thread: Thief Cat's alter ego Phantom Thief Cat is dapper as gently caress.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Battlecats was rad and I assume that The Battlecats will also be rad. My friendcode is caipo

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

delfin posted:

Reposting from the main iOS thread: Thief Cat's alter ego Phantom Thief Cat is dapper as gently caress.

Phantom Thief Cat is ridiculously good, anything he last hits gives double the cash.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

How are you guys getting all your rare cats? Just spending all your cat food on pulls rather than the legacy premium cats? I already bought Ninja Cat and Box of Cats, and was looking to get Kung Fu Cat as well, but I'm not sure if my cat food would be better spent elsewhere. Does the game ever throw a free rare cat pull at you? Similarly, is there a way to get normal cat pulls faster than once per day?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Klungar posted:

Does the game ever throw a free rare cat pull at you?

There's a current promotion right now that if they get enough liked by Friday they'll give everyone a free rare pull.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've got some of my rare cats by doing Tapjoy BS. It's annoying but I NEEDS MORE CATS and I'm not willing to spend actual money on it.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

What are the good cats to get? Is it like the first game where, for most of the game, you only really need tank cat and ninja cat? Because that's all I have been using up to Egypt and it's going swimmingly. It's hard to tell how good something is until you've spent a couple hundred thousand exp leveling it up.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

As far as I can tell, if it worked in the first game, it works here too. At least I did all the regular chapters in exactly the same fashion as before.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Bummey posted:

What are the good cats to get? Is it like the first game where, for most of the game, you only really need tank cat and ninja cat? Because that's all I have been using up to Egypt and it's going swimmingly. It's hard to tell how good something is until you've spent a couple hundred thousand exp leveling it up.

I only beat chapter 1 so far but macho cat, wall cat, ninja cat, leg cat, box cat, and Titan cat have been what I have been using.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
No disturbing-rear end cow/giraffe cat love? What about bird or fish cat? Have I been doing this wrong?!

Is there a resource out there that lists what the actual stats for each cat are?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lol if you care what other people think about what you play in public

I play Senran Kagura without shame

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Widestancer posted:

Lol if you care what other people think about what you play in public

I play Senran Kagura without shame

You're so much better than us neurotypicals. Teach me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Speaking of resources, has anyone figured out the treasure bonus schedule?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
My code is 6ycsv so hey help me get an anime cat

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

MotU posted:

My code is 6ycsv so hey help me get an anime cat

Used this.

My code is ish4k as well.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

The cat lady in the original game was really weak, moved at a speed of about two pixels every ten seconds, and required wayyy too much exp to max out. Don't get too hung up on it.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Nerd Cat (one of the rare capsule cats) turns into Hacker Cat at level 10.

His chair moves forward at a snail's pace, but he launches long-range rockets from all the way across the screen.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
Kung fu cat is pretty much the best special cat right? Would people suggest getting him first, or are the rare capsule cats worth going for? Also I think I read somewhere that the special cats get discounted occasionally, is that true? I got 300 cat food burning a hole in my pocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Ninja Cat is the only one I ever bothered to use. They just cost too much cat food.

• Locked thread