Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Like with most stages where you can get a cat, using a treasure radar will guarantee you get a space cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, those 750 cans of cat food were pretty worthless. The only super-rare cat I got was the swimmer cat. With this kind of lovely odds like hell I'll ever drop a single cent in this.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yo Hip Hop Cat is awesome. Cheap as hell, hits like a truck from short-medium range (safely behind wall cats) and has a ton of HP. He's great to deal with any early trash that rushes your base. Also slows down red enemies.
His range is barely better then wall cats, it's not enough to bring him out of range of anything that hits multiple guys. That combined with his really long windup on his attack makes it so that he never actually hits anything but the weak easy guys that you can kill with anything else anyways. Basically you would be better off using a cow or fish cat in any situation where he has use. He's not terrible, he's just not useful against anything difficult.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So... swimmer or kotatsu? on which one do I waste my XP?

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007

trucutru posted:

So... swimmer or kotatsu? on which one do I waste my XP?

I leveled kotatsu first because it was my first good cat. However, if I had the choice, I would have done swimmer first. Swimmer is cheaper, refreshes quicker, moves faster, and at level 9 currently, it is able to hold its own in battles with floating enemies.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cat capsule gave me another + to energy

I'm ready for the last weekend stage. Can't wait to see what bullshit awaits.

EDIT: Oh and the free playkids offer popped up for me. Easiest cat food yet

The 10 rolls were all loving garbage as expected. 10 Rares, 9 dupes

Bishop Cat
Shaman Cat
Bishop Cat
Jurassic Cat
Shaman Cat
Jurassic Cat
Archer Cat (New)
Thief Cat
Swordsman Cat
Shaman Cat

Holy gently caress at least PAD throws you a bone every now and then.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 2, 2014

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

gently caress. This. poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Black Bun Bun Teacher? Holy poo poo.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Holy gently caress at least PAD throws you a bone every now and then.

Yeah, this is a huge problem. If know the ultra-rares are supposed to be, well, ultra-rare but not getting a single super-rare is ridiculous and pretty much insures that a lot of people will get annoyed as gently caress.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yo so today's special stage Heaven of Darkness?

Don't loving bother :stare:

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yo so today's special stage Heaven of Darkness?

Don't loving bother :stare:

im gonna take my squad into it with a maxed out kenji, see if he can facetank it for bahamut.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Office Commando posted:

im gonna take my squad into it with a maxed out kenji, see if he can facetank it for bahamut.

Yeah. Fucker has a constant spinning attack. Yukimura got wrecked. I seriously need to work on black/floating tank cats of which I only have Kotatsu. Wednesday stage is being a bitch and not dropping cat jobs either.

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah. Fucker has a constant spinning attack. Yukimura got wrecked. I seriously need to work on black/floating tank cats of which I only have Kotatsu. Wednesday stage is being a bitch and not dropping cat jobs either.

i have maxed fortune teller, 11kotatsu, 13 archer. my anti-air is sound so hopefully the cat sniper i have + cats will give me a chance. i'm maxed on treasure so idk we'll see.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!
Finally beat 3-48 with a combination of Macho, Wall, Mr., Whale, Dragon, Delinquent, Titan, Valkyrie, and Nekoluga. Lead with Delinquent to take care of the kangaroos, then once the boss comes out spam trash cats as fast as possible. He hits for 10k+ but he only hits one cat at a time, so you can save your heavy hitters from being torn up if you send out a constant stream of Machos and Walls.
If you're not as lucky with rare cats as I am, just use 2-3 trash cats and fill the rest with big hitters. You shouldn't have to use any God abilities unless you're really lacking in upgrades or treasures.

So now I'm 48/48/48 and just getting XP to max Bahamut. He's a beast.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Tapjoy app still doesn't work at all for me on my Note 4. It opens but tapping the buttons on the main screen do nothing, just stays there frozen.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Sunblood posted:

Finally beat 3-48 with a combination of Macho, Wall, Mr., Whale, Dragon, Delinquent, Titan, Valkyrie, and Nekoluga. Lead with Delinquent to take care of the kangaroos, then once the boss comes out spam trash cats as fast as possible. He hits for 10k+ but he only hits one cat at a time, so you can save your heavy hitters from being torn up if you send out a constant stream of Machos and Walls.
If you're not as lucky with rare cats as I am, just use 2-3 trash cats and fill the rest with big hitters. You shouldn't have to use any God abilities unless you're really lacking in upgrades or treasures.

So now I'm 48/48/48 and just getting XP to max Bahamut. He's a beast.

I thought I almost had this mission thanks to a rich cat powerup giving me that boost to get through the starting kangaroos, but when that boss came out he just wrecked my poo poo. :(

Are Wheel/Shaman/Archer and Salarayman cat worth using in general? Do they replace any of the basic cats?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

White Cyclone is even more bullshit than black Cyclone. At least I have some cats that deal damage to black. I'm absolutely hosed from trying these stages until I level up everything I have that's good against floating enemies.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So in the battle cats sub-reddit there's an "edited" save file you can use ifunbox to copy/paste over yours and have like 90 million XP and like a million cat food with a gently caress load of cats already rolled and maxed out (to lvl 10, the account is still early on chapter 1)

Anyways I got that on my iPad to try out new cats and see what I should upgrade on my legit game on my iPhone and the one immediate thing I can comment on is:

HOLY loving poo poo phantom thief cat is amazing. The amount of money you make by sending him out first is a complete game changer for the early game. I have him on my main account and had been ignoring him for now while leveling my super rare cats and I was super wrong in doing so.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: Using this hacked account it took 60 rolls to see a single uber super rare. Holy poo poo the rare cat machine is a scam.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Updating this thread for the people playing which I guess is just me. Looks like they're doing a "godfest" of such and have Nekoluga at triple chance. I did 10 rolls in my hacked iPad and got him 3 times so maybe the odds aren't entire poo poo for an uber cat this time around.

EDIT: I literally did 100 rolls and got him 7 times so the odds are still horrible poo poo n

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: Using this hacked account it took 60 rolls to see a single uber super rare. Holy poo poo the rare cat machine is a scam.

I've done 11 rolls and managed to get 2 super uber rares so :iiam:

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I'm still playing and working on lvling up anti-floaters. Did 4 tries at the Cat Ticket Chance stage. It is just a chance to get a ticket, but I got 3 out of 4 tries so that's cool and 30 cat food for beating it the first time.

If one of you decide to do this stage, all you need is max Cow cat (no pluses needed). Rhinos, metal or normal, die fast to quick attackers. Hell, you can beat most of the regular stages with just Cow cat.

I've done about 40 rare cat pulls. I've gotten 3 uber super rares and 3 super rares.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

harmless_fun posted:

I did a great offer yesterday for 361 cat food from the Tapjoy website. I installed a free trial for videos/games app for toddlers called PlayKids Premium. As soon as I got it, I turned off auto renewal on my phone and double checked on my computer.

Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later :bang:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Get hosed Cave Fillet

Lvl 13 Sadako Cat (Kotatsu), wall and regular cat slam was just enough of a wall to do enough damage to the teacher.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

How do people handle the Black Kangaroo in the third Sweet XP stage?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Klungar posted:

How do people handle the Black Kangaroo in the third Sweet XP stage?

Roll a uber rare warlord, basically. Black is such bullshit. Even with Yukimura (massive damage to black and counter-attack) I still fail the 420 stamina XP stage like half the time because the timing against black kangaroos and gorillas needs to be perfect. I'm also at the Squishy Cave levels on stories of legend which appear to be black enemy oriented and those are absolute bullshit too.

Like metal has a gimmick, the black bear has a gimmick, red and floating enemies have a ton of counters but the uber loving rare warlords and one of the uber rare Galaxy gals are the only poo poo that is specifically designed to deal with black mobs.

At this point I'm just trying to figure out a better cat selection. Ideally I want 2-3 cats I spam, 2-3 long range, then 3-4 heavy hitters like Valkyrie and Yukimura.

Also, since there game stores poo poo locally you can use ifunbox or explorer to transfer your save file to another device. I thought I could use this to re-roll but the seed to rolling must be handled differently because you end up rolling the same thing regardless of what I try to change (rolling on different devices, different days, using cat food or beating a stage prior to the roll).

So on the plus side, you can see what you're about to roll so you can save 750 cat food on those special events if they're all going to be poo poo. On the negative side, I have no idea how to reset the seed so I'm not sure if you can avoid whatever it is you're going to roll.

Maybe when the rare cat machine changes?

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 16, 2014

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Big new update to the game. Not really sure what all there is, but there is a new invite campaign, so please use gio71 for all your crazy cat needs.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Klungar posted:

Big new update to the game. Not really sure what all there is, but there is a new invite campaign, so please use gio71 for all your crazy cat needs.

I'm still like 2 short from Moneko. Updating now but the update sounds pretty good

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I have enough time on my hands that I just reinstall the game over and over on my android and play until I can enter my ios referral code. The new referral rewards are pretty good too (50 cat food, rare ticket and new cat).

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within
I'm really lucky my first rare roll ever was Keiji I guess.

Also apparently I have two different invite codes, one when I tap Moneko (avfil) and another for Bean (qo13i).
Halfway to Moneko and Bean is only 3 people.

Oh and 3 rows of cats now :psyduck:

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I still only have two rows.. I even re-beat 3-48 to see if I needed to "activate" it or something.

I do have three sets of lineups though so I can make "builds" and switch between them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh wow I hadn't noticed the lineups at all. That's awesome.

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

Sunblood posted:

I still only have two rows.. I even re-beat 3-48 to see if I needed to "activate" it or something.

I do have three sets of lineups though so I can make "builds" and switch between them.

I guess it was just 3 builds. Hopefully I get the rare ticket prize while waifus are still available

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is how the stage begins

:eyepop:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is how the stage begins

:eyepop:

Oh yeah, that one is fun. The trick here is that all the enemies are at something like 25% of their base strength, so they die much faster than you expect. You get five or six Red Heads first, and then after about fifteen to thirty seconds in the bun bun spawns. It's actually not that hard once you figure out how to get rid of the heads in time, since nothing else spawns with the bun bun teacher to mess up your tank swarm.

To be fair, though, I probably only cleared it as fast as I did because I had the Bath Cat, which has very long range and deals turbo damage to red units.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
Flower Cat is now available to be unlocked. It is random and can take awhile.

I found the Cat Ticket Stage schedule! I think the times are in Japan standard time. If I'm right, that would make the next chance appear at 5am eastern time today.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

harmless_fun posted:

Flower Cat is now available to be unlocked. It is random and can take awhile.

So wait, do I literally have to open the door over and over again hoping it randomly hoping it gives me a cat?

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

axleblaze posted:

So wait, do I literally have to open the door over and over again hoping it randomly hoping it gives me a cat?

I think so, at least I hope so... I did that constantly for an entire episode of SVU. No Flower cat.

Also any tips on beating Sea of Tuna stage 3? The kangaroo rush at the beginning overwhelms me.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I just suddenly started getting a "Server communication has failed due to issues in the device time. Please ensure your device time and network communications are correct. (HGT00)" error. Is there anyway to fix this or should I just try reinstalling the game? It wouldn't be a big loss if I had to reinstall since I've only been playing for a few days but it's annoying.

I didn't manipulate the time on my device or anything so I have no idea what may have caused it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

axleblaze posted:

Where is this door?

• Locked thread