Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

hemophilia posted:

winter soldier is pretty good but the difference between avengers black widow and captain america black widow is really jarring and annoying. In cap 2 she's about as horribly written as could have possibly been done.

nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MantisToboggan posted:

I know this is GBS and we're all supposed to be sarcastic or w/e but this is a statement I 100% believe in:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is an amazing action film, probably the best Marvel movie ever made (yes, it's better than Guardians of the Galaxy). It's also, by far, one of the most subtextual homosexual films I've ever seen, and that doesn't interfere with my enjoyment of the film at all.

EDIT: I didn't read the post above mine but gently caress SuperMechaGodzilla

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
the one thing I took from winter soldier was that arnim zola was supposed to be a fascist truman capote, who knew

MantisToboggan
Feb 1, 2013

Precisely...

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Windows 98 posted:

Start with this and work your way to current stuff

that dork at the bottom is the comic version of the winter soldier? lol!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
just saw the movie and gotta say it was p good. even stan lee's cameo was better than normal

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

just saw the movie and gotta say it was p good. even stan lee's cameo was better than normal

It's really good mix of action/comedy and also makes fun of new jersey.

However I'm sure some cinema connoisseur is outraged by all the plot holes in the movie.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i liked it because in marvel movies nobody really gets punched in the face that much, Cap really beat the poo poo out of people in that movie and it works because he's just like, a bit stronger than a normal guy so he wouldn't be able to smash their heads open really easily but he'll knock you the gently caress out

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
why are the marvel movies so good but comics are so dumb and bad

i love them all except the bad thor movies

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

etalian posted:

It's really good mix of action/comedy and also makes fun of new jersey.

However I'm sure some cinema connoisseur is outraged by all the plot holes in the movie.

Actually if you go into CineD they mostly hate the Marvel movies and love the Transformers movie because the visual language on display in the latter is much better than the former. I wouldn't mind but they act like there aren't any virtues to the former or problems with the latter, and you're just weird and "hate analysis" if you try to explain that there are different criteria one can use to determine the success of a film in the viewer's eyes.

And it doesn't make fun of NJ nearly as much as other movies do. It's just like "oh that super secret evil base is in NJ." Seriously they could have gone for low blows way more easily. Hell the first movie made fun of it more when Steve Rogers lied and said he was from Paramus to try and enlist in the Army.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

And it doesn't make fun of NJ nearly as much as other movies do. It's just like "oh that super secret evil base is in NJ." Seriously they could have gone for low blows way more easily. Hell the first movie made fun of it more when Steve Rogers lied and said he was from Paramus to try and enlist in the Army.

it was a good joke:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7gyO7onbn8

I also loved the small detail how Captain America had a perfectly organized clean apartment by guy standards.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the quote on the gravestone at the end made me snort too nice easter eggs and im sure that thing about the valedictorian or whatever isn't some thing for comic nerds to get excited about

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Super mecca Godzilla is pretty loving dumb. And people laud him as a genius. Dude said twilight was good, that should show you how much meth he's done.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TontoCorazon posted:

Super mecca Godzilla is pretty loving dumb. And people laud him as a genius. Dude said twilight was good, that should show you how much meth he's done.

the forums need more people doing meth, imo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

the forums need more people doing meth, imo

another TCC would be good, would greatly increase the goon deathtoll

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
are any of these superhero movies any good really or is it just shithouse plot shithouse characters but lots of fighting and fancy FX?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

are any of these superhero movies any good really or is it just shithouse plot shithouse characters but lots of fighting and fancy FX?

lol look at mr high and mighty too good to watch popcorn flicks

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

mind the walrus posted:

Actually if you go into CineD they mostly hate the Marvel movies and love the Transformers movie because the visual language on display in the latter is much better than the former.

Are you serious, the Transformers moves are incomprehensible when you watch them realtime because the robots are all indistinguishable greeble

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Watch a good movie like Crank or Commando instead.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
see now crank is good

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
crank sucks rear end captain america owns

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Haven't seen either, now we've covered the spectrum!

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
When Chev Chelios goes to the mall, he crashes a Buick into the escalator during an indoors police chase.

When John Matrix goes to the mall, he does some 1980s parkour, beats up like seven mall cops, and body slams an entire phonebooth w/ the person still inside.

When Captain America goes to the mall, he uses an Apple computer in the Apple Store.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
they showed arnim zolas robot body plans in cap 1 and didnt use it in cap 2 :negative:

wheres your guts at marvel studios

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
Wow 7 mall cops that's amazing (lmao)

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

better version of cap 2

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Ghost Head posted:

Wow 7 mall cops that's amazing (lmao)

It's not amazing. Matrix casually beats up cops because that's what he does in a mall, while heading towards real challenges. Same with Chelios.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

those mall cops are all potential smiths.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I keep trying to watch Thor 2 but I'm scared of loky :shobon:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

gary oldmans diary posted:

they showed arnim zolas robot body plans in cap 1 and didnt use it in cap 2 :negative:

wheres your guts at marvel studios

there's always Cap 3

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

I keep trying to watch Thor 2 but I'm scared of loky :shobon:

Loki is pretty much what is good about Thor 2, he's really well written and well acted.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

TontoCorazon posted:

twilight is some of the best poo poo i've ever seen, it just depends on how you calibrate your metrics.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Winter Soldier was a fun movie, but Captain America is a boring dumbass.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
idk, winter soldier was pretty bad, on par with thor 2. the car scene with sam jackson was particular cringeworthy.

new xmen was dece though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The Twilight movies/books are super awesome if you like pedophilia fantasy!!

• Locked thread