Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
My coworkers and I were reminiscing about cartoons and we had a laugh as we discussed Johnny Bravo. Then girl coworker said it was sexist and rude so I don't know now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
He's a rapist, OP

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

umm maybe ask her to explain instead of us??? wtf

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

a hole-y ghost posted:

umm maybe ask her to explain instead of us??? wtf

idk she said something about how it treats women as mean and too sexy when I just though it's about Johnny being a dork who skips leg day

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The character? Yes. The show? No. Bravo was also portrayed as a complete dumbass and I don't think he ever got with any ladies.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

facebook jihad posted:

The character? Yes. The show? No. Bravo was also portrayed as a complete dumbass and I don't think he ever got with any ladies.

He did get a warm welcome to the island of beautiful men, so there is that.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
it was really mean ironically. which was dumb to me since most kids didnt get it.

a cool cartoon thing to know is that mandy from billy and mandy sometimes quoted the satanic bible in the opening. def get you irl nerd cred there.

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011
But he was a classic womanizer who was always shot down and even beaten for his pick-up lines. Isn't that a good lesson to teach that good-looking guys can still get shafted if they're D-bags? Also consider the fact that he lives with his mom and his best friends are an underage little girl and a nerdy dork.

I always liked to imagine the Johnny was only muscle-bound in his head and that in reality he was an overweight basement dweller who liked to pretend he works out. It's a lot more fun to go back and watch the series this way.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

FrostedButts posted:

I always liked to imagine the Johnny was only muscle-bound in his head and that in reality he was an overweight basement dweller who liked to pretend he works out. It's a lot more fun to go back and watch the series this way.

Holy poo poo, I need to do this.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Johnny Bravo was a great cartoon, stop thinking about cartoons so deeply.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I think the girl missed like 90% of the jokes in the show, op.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I heard that Johnny Bravo was made by (or atleast he was deeply involved with the writing/production thereof) the same dude who would go on to invent Family Guy.

If this is true then yes it is OP. Otherwise, I dunno!

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That girl sounds like a stupid bitch OP, give her a right smack in the mouth

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I heard that Johnny Bravo was made by (or atleast he was deeply involved with the writing/production thereof) the same dude who would go on to invent Family Guy.

If this is true then yes it is OP. Otherwise, I dunno!

I think it was some asian dude.

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

Wicker Man posted:

I think it was some asian dude.

Van Partible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QZVpkC71zQ

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

poo poo, way off. My memory of his face was screwed.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

This reminds me that toonami used to interview skateboarders about their favorite anime.

Also all cartoons are about sex cause a childs feeble mind is force fed nonsensical garbage so when the illuminati government tells them to obey, they chant yes.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
in one episode he is turned into a girl to experience being hit on constantly so that he can finally understand what is wrong with what he does. he almost learns the lesson. almost.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
is johnny bravo the sexiest???!

yes

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011
Van was also on the Space Ghost Cartoon Contest in which a cartoonist would be interviewed. He lost points for talking with food in his mouth and choosing a danish over a bagel.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Jerky Jake's Jerky is people.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

He empowers women by allowing them To kick his rear end whenever they don't like him

He never forced himself on anyone he was just a free lover

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

aegof posted:

I think the girl missed like 90% of the jokes in the show, op.

That's because bitches don't have a sense of humor

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw4eg_L3i8c

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I just remembered this again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rKk_TeyGDQ

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
It's kind of unchristian to be honest, the way it glorifies pre-marital sex and womanizing, which is the lead cause of teen pregnancies and STDs in this country.

I wouldn't let my kids watch it.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
op your mistake was listening to the opinion of a woman hth

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Somebody to tried to tell me it was racist because all the characters were racial caricatures of white people

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
mr t and richard simmons guest starred in the same episode if that doesn't make it a good show i dont know what tell you op

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014

Broseph Brostar posted:

Somebody to tried to tell me it was racist because all the characters were racial caricatures of white people

It's also sexist, all the men in it are idiots. #notallcartoonmen

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

facebook jihad posted:

and he constantly gets beat up, by women, for being a creep

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kavros posted:

in one episode he is turned into a girl to experience being hit on constantly so that he can finally understand what is wrong with what he does. he almost learns the lesson. almost.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Yeah Op, just like Scrooge was glorifying being a rich rear end in a top hat.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Johnny Bravo was one of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid. I'd quote it all the time. Then I grew up, thinking it wouldn't be as good. Rewatching some on Netflix, I believe it's even better than I remember.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
That feel when you first saw the Johnny Bravo/Scooby doo crossover,. :staredog:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i can't be seen without my glasses

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Broseph Brostar posted:

Actually, according to some influential thinkers on my tumblr feed, you can't be racist against white people, because they are the majority.

It is actually quite problematic to suggest anti-white racism could exist.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Show went to poo poo when they introduced the little girl and the dork.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
johnny bravo is the same joke as duke nukem, but intentionally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

i never got why he never managed to ever score you'd think at some point his dumb showboating would pay off

oh wait, that deer-woman was wasn't she?

• Locked thread