Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Please list number of plates and assume 2.5 pounds of food per plate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
38 snow crab legs. no butter, no other food

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
man, i can barely get through two plates anymore, used to put away like six

getting old loving sucks

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Every time an ambulance drives by with its lights on I always like to say "Great Wall buffet claims another victim!" :xd:

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
im gay.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
6 or 7 crab rangoon

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

A friend of mine was once banned from the local all you can eat Chinese buffet for "abusing the system". The same buffet will scold you for not finishing your plate, and they really get pissed if you tell them it's because their crab rangoons taste like windex.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Poetic Justice posted:

6 or 7 crab rangoon

Just ate half a crab Rangoon and that poo poo was nasty, I am going to ask for the chef....

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
all those weird little variety cakes/pastries like every chinese buffet has

the couple of feet of inexplicable macaroni and cheese and bad pizza and fried chicken in the chinese buffet

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The Chinese buffet by my place has a one-plate limit, so it becomes an All You Can Stack restaurant. I use buttresses of ginger beef to ensure the structural stability of my pile of noodles.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Also Chinese buffets are the only restaurant I will eat at alone, so much easier to just cram food into my throat.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I don't weigh my food so I don't really know how much that is but I usually eat one plate of dinner and one plate of dessert. Sometimes I get egg drop soup and crispy noodles.
I'm really lovely to take to a buffet because I don't eat my money's worth.

I don't stack, I don't usually like my food to touch.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

put the spicy shrimp on a bed of pork fried rice, eat like 4 plates PILED HIGH...

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Quality not quantity fatties.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Three Olives posted:

rules and social constructs fall to the wayside at the chinese buffet

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think we can all agree that chinese buffets are the only buffets to go to

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
2.5 pounds of food per plate? drat man uh maybe 1.5 if i'm lucky?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

dont really go to chinese buffets anymore since the good one closed down. at that one it was a "buffet" but if you were chinese theyd bring out fresh plates of food to you which was cool.

it was kinda whatever they just cooked and wanted to give you but it was usually good stuff

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Harime Nui posted:

Every time an ambulance drives by with its lights on I always like to say "Great Wall buffet claims another victim!" :xd:

dude u R an old fogey

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

5 pounds of fried frog legs

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

i go to the chinese buffet and get cheese pizza and french fries because the other food is too exotic

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ALWays eat the weird lumpy hardboiled eggs. always

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Business Gorillas posted:

rules and social constructs fall to the wayside at the chinese buffet

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Also why can I be out in the boonies and find a Chinese buffet staffed by nothing but Asians but otherwise never see another Asian for hundreds of miles in any direction? Any Asians here with an answer?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

I think we can all agree that chinese buffets are the only buffets to go to

hell naw indian lunch/dinner buffet is the good poo poo.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

i'm the fatass that takes 15 minutes to figure out what ice cream i want in front of the ice cream so nobody else can get any

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

texaholic posted:

Also why can I be out in the boonies and find a Chinese buffet staffed by nothing but Asians but otherwise never see another Asian for hundreds of miles in any direction? Any Asians here with an answer?

they ship their family in to work at the buffet, and they all live above it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
let's just say that if their sign says "All You Can Eat" then the joke's on them lol

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

my local chinese buffet would put your grandma ling to shame

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
eat all the dumplings and spring rolls. also deep fried giant shrimp

EDIT: at this one concert, some chinese folks were selling these giant spring rolls just stuffed with glass noodles and all the other good poo poo. the little flappers are good too, but man those giant spring rolls.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

There was a really good Chinese buffet near my house but it closed down. Now the only one close is on the highway and once a homeless woman wouldn't let us leave the parking lot until we gave her money.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nomadologique posted:

hell naw indian lunch/dinner buffet is the good poo poo.

much rarer but also good

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

How much weed do I have? Plug that in as x and the equation solves itself

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Business Gorillas posted:

i'm the fatass that takes 15 minutes to figure out what ice cream i want in front of the ice cream so nobody else can get any

The answer to this is always the soft serve vanilla that tastes like whipped cream

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

texaholic posted:

as an asian im equally confused by this phenomenon. i think like 20 chinese people come overseas in a shipping container and are trucked to the buffet and live inside it.

Action Yak Police posted:

There was a really good Chinese buffet near my house but it closed down. Now the only one close is on the highway and once a homeless woman wouldn't let us leave the parking lot until we gave her money.

what do you mean "wouldn't let you leave"

Humphry
Oct 25, 2014

by XyloJW
The MSG in Chinese food just kills it for me. I get really bad side effects like migraines, muscle spasms, nausea, I have had a seizure after eating Chinese once and heart irregularities. That poo poo damages your nervous system, Chinese food needs to be banned or the use of MSG.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Humphry posted:

The MSG in Chinese food just kills it for me. I get really bad side effects like migraines, muscle spasms, nausea, I have had a seizure after eating Chinese once and heart irregularities. That poo poo damages your nervous system, Chinese food needs to be banned or the use of MSG.

holy mackerel my man

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Humphry posted:

Pretty sure they figured out MSG freakouts are psychosomatic.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

nomadologique posted:

dude u R an old fogey

n-no....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
havent been a chiense buffet in years OP