Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
protip- get the eggdrop soup, then go over to the dumplings and add 1 (one) spoon of the dumpling sauce. it makes it delicious

don't add more than one spoonful though it gets gross (dammit eric)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Chinese buffets are disgusting. Nothing that cheap could be healthy

Humphry
Oct 25, 2014

by XyloJW

Three Olives posted:

Pretty sure they figured out MSG freakouts are psychosomatic.

Are you trying to tell me it's all in my head? :allears:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

does she have two eyes and just wears a decorational eyepatch or is there an empty socket under there or perhaps an ancient and powerful artifact she has to keep hidden and then unleash on unsuspecting bad guys?

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Last time I went to a Chinese buffet I saw a guy there fill his plate with nothing but chips and fried chicken. englishpeople.txt

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Humphry posted:

Are you trying to tell me it's all in my head? :allears:

You're probably just allergic, don't pass those weakass genes along.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

texaholic posted:

Also Chinese buffets are the only restaurant I will eat at alone, so much easier to just cram food into my throat.

The one dude who could keep up with my plate count got that stomach bypass surgery. So I guess I'll be joining you in being alone. Like that song Sting sang, "Message in a Buffet".

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

all of the chow mein

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011
Eating anything from a Chinese buffet besides the napkins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRq_d4p9Y78

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

nomadologique posted:

does she have two eyes and just wears a decorational eyepatch or is there an empty socket under there or perhaps an ancient and powerful artifact she has to keep hidden and then unleash on unsuspecting bad guys?

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Usually I try to eat every animal I can. Not sure if I'm imagining there are different kinds of nutrients in the various muscle proteins, or if it's some king of symbolism, but it has just turned into my ritual. Maybe the whole thing is some kind of scavenger hunt?

Also, generally avoid seafood at a buffet. Usually you can tell immediately if they're using old or expired shellfish, but sometimes you get the sneak attack. (Of course this can also happen with any food - see Windex rangoon.)

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014
Chocolate ice cream

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
godamn I feel awful now, had like 1.5 plates + a fruit plate.....

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Usually by the second plate I'm pretty full. After that I eat another half plate. Then I think about going into the bathroom and vomiting.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Shroomie posted:

Usually by the second plate I'm pretty full. After that I eat another half plate. Then I think about going into the bathroom and vomiting.

Protip:
If you do vomit, you can keep eating. Roman-style. The key is to vomit only when necessary, not after every little thing, and to neutralize the stomach acid as quickly as possible to prevent the dissolving of your stomach valve, esophagus, and teeth.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

At age 20: a solid 4 plates

At age 30: 1.75 plates max

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

texaholic posted:

godamn I feel awful now, had like 1.5 plates + a fruit plate.....

i'm fine with all sorts of shrimp and mystery meats, but i'll never touch the fruit portion of the buffet.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
op what is the time table back in high school me and some friends would bring some cards or games with us and waste 8 hours eating, and the chinese buffet.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

TOILETLORD posted:

op what is the time table back in high school me and some friends would bring some cards or games with us and waste 8 hours eating, and the chinese buffet.

It has to equal 1 new plate every 11 minutes and 34 seconds. Also LMAO at your high school years, I bet all the girls loved you and your friends.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

texaholic posted:

It has to equal 1 new plate every 11 minutes and 34 seconds. Also LMAO at your high school years, I bet all the girls loved you and your friends.

i'm comfortable enough with my past self to say i was a loser moreso in hischool than i am now.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I went to college at a UC so every weekend night was a chinese buffet

if we're talking food, then mongolian and ayce korean bbq are far superior

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
My family went to the asian buffet for thanksgiving diner. There was a guy sitting in his car in the parking lot eating takeout by himself.

That place is pretty good. Loads of free sushi and a guy will make a stir fry to your order.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

texaholic posted:

Also why can I be out in the boonies and find a Chinese buffet staffed by nothing but Asians but otherwise never see another Asian for hundreds of miles in any direction? Any Asians here with an answer?

because if you're the only chinese/japanese/korean/vietnamese family for miles, you've got a goldmine waiting in the form of steam tables full of fried rice and lo mein.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Libelous Slander posted:

protip- get the eggdrop soup, then go over to the dumplings and add 1 (one) spoon of the dumpling sauce. it makes it delicious

don't add more than one spoonful though it gets gross (dammit eric)
protip: egg drop soup is chinese for "scrotum stretched life taffy, a knife used to scrape dead skin off its taut surface"

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I ate at one today and felt loving awful after three plates. I'm pretty stupid and make bad choices.

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004

a hole-y ghost posted:

protip: egg drop soup is chinese for "scrotum stretched life taffy, a knife used to scrape dead skin off its taut surface"

what is your problem dude

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

ZergRushing posted:

what is your problem dude

you haven't lived until you've eaten an animal's balls

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I ate at one today and felt loving awful after three plates. I'm pretty stupid and make bad choices.

Don't feel bad. I once road my back to go get some fast food since I was poor. Long, uncomfortable return trip. Poor choices.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
Chinese buffets are poo poo.

Indian is where it's at.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i get at least a few pieces of five flavor squid, just so i don't forget.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Chinese people will literally eat anything with nutritious or magic value.

Indian people won't even milk the cows that are blocking their poo poo-filled roads.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
three drops of soy sauce in 5he ice cream

tip the sushi chef

read the wrapper on the chopsticks. the good ones have discreet spelling errors

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
seriously though. asians are loving hilarious.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
The chinese buffet near my house has a sushi bar that puts out pretty good "cheap" sushi, you know the kind where the the kind where the highest quality thing there is probably the tuna. So I'll usually get a plate of various kinds of those, then go up for a plate of the staples like lo mein, beef and broccoli, general tso's, etc. Not a heaping plate or anything. After that I'm usually pretty full so I'll call it quits or snack on some of the fruits until everyone else is done.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

And only go on weekdays because the price is usually lowest then. Paying more the same drat thinh.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

so the last one

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Chinese people will literally eat anything with nutritious or magic value.

This is true. We're also savvy enough to target the best foods like seafood and fresh fruit since they're the most expensive.

Also, we can tell by taste if it was cooked by a Hispanic person or a Chinese.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

texaholic posted:

Also Chinese buffets are the only restaurant I will eat at alone, so much easier to just cram food into my throat.

I don't mind eating alone at quite a few of the hole in the wall ethnic joints I know around town but I gotta admit it feels the most right when at a chinese buffett.

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004

Claven666 posted:

man, i can barely get through two plates anymore, used to put away like six

getting old loving sucks

I've only ever been able to put away two plates because I'm not a fat loving slob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Three Olives posted:

Quality not quantity fatties.

weren't you outed as fat recently

• Locked thread