Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Aeon Flux is a v. good show 4 v. cool people.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

zooted heh posted:

thinking back on the show, aeon flux is a terrible assassin. there is one episode where she tries to do some sick nasty flip off a ladder and she falls and breaks her drat neck lol

in the first short she dies because she steps on a thumbtack

and even in the long episodes where she doesn't die she always leaves things worse than they were

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jan 7, 2015

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

gary oldmans diary posted:

as i remember it it is a show about a girl that catches flies with her eyelashes

I liked* how they used that in the movie just because they felt they had to, and it looked completely lovely in a live action movie. The same goes for transmitting messages by making out etc.

But they didn't loving bother to replicate either the haircut, or the outfit.

*not really

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bike without wheels posted:

the movie was bad and it isnt what the threads about.

Remembering how terrible the movie was adds to appreciation of the cartoons.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I haven't watched this since I was a kid, but I for some reason remember it as the sniper was helping her by shooting that plug thing? Then she drowned and my 10 year old self was confused by the main character dying.

There was no sniper, she shot the plug herself each time she descended a floor.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The animation was very stylized, but also very competent. I'll take that any day over a show that plays it safe.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Parallax Scroll posted:

its short for aeon flux

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Republican Vampire posted:

Chung worked on the pilot for Rugrats. He and the other artists really hated it because you can't really do anything with Babies because of how immobile and blobby they are. So Aeon Flux was the natural reaction: everything's all hyper-angular and there's a lot of emphasis on movement.

Unless you meant the Herodotus File part. It's a comic about how Trevor met Aeon and how he tried to kill her with murderous sperm robots, only to be thwarted because she replaced her cervix with a horrifying robot.

He actually said he got the idea for Aeon and Trevor's iconic mouth-point-of-view kissing scene in "Gravity" from Rugrats, which is kinda creepy i guess

• Locked thread