Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Shantoto.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

nuru posted:

What are those amazing pants and can they be dyed gold?

Those are High Allagan Pantaloons of Healing, which (unfortunately) cannot be dyed.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Screenshots?

And the Glamour Shot:

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Hey random lurker goon in this thread, Come play this fun game, use my recruitment code while you are at it: 2GSHZD4F

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So should Rogues be using Fracture?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I'm ashamed of you goons for not posting this earlier

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

- me, for the next 7 hours

Athray
Jul 2, 2010

Whizbang posted:

FFXIV Thread Protip: Ignore Belzac and KaneTW.

If you want to be poo poo at this game I guess you can do that.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Someone fraps a Shiva battle with just music on then upload it thanks

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Probably be more accurate to say ignore the attitudes of people who are Very Clearly Self-Important, but keep an eye out for when they actually provide useful specific details in addition to the attitude. As a general rule, the hardcore raiding people do know their game mechanics, after all.

Now if all you get is some sort of pompously dismissive post with no genuine/meaningful/useful content to back up the attitude (which is definitely a thing that happens), then yeah, just ignore that entirely. It's one thing to feed an overblown ego if you get some useful information in return; it's quite another to feed an overblown ego for free.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

ttocs7 posted:

Did the ffgoons forum die?

It sure seems like it, yeah. 403 Forbidden errors.

Fyana
Sep 12, 2009

Catgirl IRL

Vil posted:

Why has the first page of the new thread not already been flooded with catgirl/lalafell/highlander/roegadyn pics?
catgirls you say

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Vil posted:

Probably be more accurate to say ignore the attitudes of people who are Very Clearly Self-Important, but keep an eye out for when they actually provide useful specific details in addition to the attitude. As a general rule, the hardcore raiding people do know their game mechanics, after all.

Now if all you get is some sort of pompously dismissive post with no genuine/meaningful/useful content to back up the attitude (which is definitely a thing that happens), then yeah, just ignore that entirely. It's one thing to feed an overblown ego if you get some useful information in return; it's quite another to feed an overblown ego for free.

Pretty sure you shouldn't feed an overblown ego under any circumstances. Plus I think they may just be dicks.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I just realized something: MNK/NIN accessories are now usable by BRD, and likewise BRD accessories are usable by NIN. Since NIN can use stuff from both sides, NIN is now the hunter of XIV. Side note: if STR still affects NIN's damage, they'll probably be ridiculously OP, especially since they have a silence or stun that's most likely off GCD and doesn't require stances. BRD for silence? Who needs that?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Rei_ posted:

Someone's gotta rep the human race with all you freaks around

Your character and mine could be freaking twins, right down to the hair. (which you can't see, because SMN AF.)

Shere posted:

Is it screenshot time? I've got loving screenshots alright.

Spare time to snap a selfie before embarking on another horrific titan hard mode.

BEST FEATURE EVER is the selfie button. Add it to the OP?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 28, 2014

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Pretty sure you shouldn't feed an overblown ego under any circumstances. Plus I think they may just be dicks.

Well yeah, perhaps feeding it isn't the right term. But you can absolutely politely thank them for the useful information (if it was indeed something you didn't know before and did know because they shared it), without taking the bait and reacting to the attitude. You walk out of the situation with both more knowledge than you started with, and the social/moral/diplomatic high ground.

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

This is the first time I've ever looked in my screenshots folder.

Hanging out with my monkey.

A more recent picture.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Vil posted:

i havent played in a few months, did all the really lovely cliquey people who sat silently in guild and trash-talked everyone behind their backs quit yet?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

btw you should be using /changepose if you're not because there's some cute ones

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

jwang posted:

I just realized something: MNK/NIN accessories are now usable by BRD, and likewise BRD accessories are usable by NIN. Since NIN can use stuff from both sides, NIN is now the hunter of XIV. Side note: if STR still affects NIN's damage, they'll probably be ridiculously OP, especially since they have a silence or stun that's most likely off GCD and doesn't require stances. BRD for silence? Who needs that?

In all likelihood, NIN will use BRD items for right-hand gear, old and new, and MNK/DRG accs will not be changed. I would also be very shocked if STR has any effect on NIN damage.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

i havent played in a few months, did all the really lovely cliquey people who sat silently in guild and trash-talked everyone behind their backs quit yet?

Beats me, I'm on Balmung, master of a tiny FC of friends. All I've got to worry about is occasionally stumbling on some ERP.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Remember guys, endgame is not just about finding amazing things to wear.

It is ALSO about finding ridiculous things to stick in your fantastic dollhouses.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

jwang posted:

Ninjas scale off Dex, and only pre-existing Monk gear will have dex added to it.

Side note, if you line up your mudras in the order you get them, the (possibly) most important Ninjutsus will be 1-2, 1-2-3, and 3-2-1. It's a lot simpler than it first sounded.

big sperma shot
Jan 13, 2011

Big Cock Jerk Off with MASSIVE cum shot.

Rei_ posted:

Okay so new thread, what's the best name you've ever seen?

It's actually my good friend Stupid Idiot.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Baram posted:

don't get left behind

the most haunting picture I have ever taken

Fyana
Sep 12, 2009

Catgirl IRL

big sperma shot posted:

It's actually my good friend Stupid Idiot.

For comical purposes, I agree with this. For lore names? Y'majha Setoh, uguu.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

big sperma shot
Jan 13, 2011

Big Cock Jerk Off with MASSIVE cum shot.

Fyana posted:

For comical purposes, I agree with this. For lore names? Gracechan Bernelli, uguu.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Screenshots?

Screenshots! :sun: gently caress this game is pretty.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
Raiding sixteen hours a day for a week, what a time to be alive.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

[quote="SwissArmyDruid" post="""]

BEST FEATURE EVER is the selfie button. Add it to the OP?
[/quote]

There's a what?

"New in 1.6 hit Pause button to look at the camera"
:aaa:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Tsurupettan posted:

Nope!

CrimsonObserver
May 24, 2012

Vil posted:

All I've got to worry about is occasionally stumbling on some ERP.

Have no fear, our lord and saviour Yoshi-P has heard the cries of the RPers* and is granting them a badge of shame honour that they will be able to toggle when they are "in character" so they can play roles more easily.

*We keep letting them think its really their idea, but this is going to be an awesome way to ridicule them but shh don't tell them.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

a kitten posted:

There's a what?

"New in 1.6 hit Pause button to look at the camera"
:aaa:

Yup! It's a tiny little thing that pushed FFXIV in my books over the line from "just another MMO" to "something that has clearly had thought put into it".

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Eh, the RPers don't bug me. It's something they do and have fun with. I just sometimes roll my eyes if it's particularly ridiculous, like a super-long paragraph or ERP smack in the middle of Limsa.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013

Veev posted:

Side note, if you line up your mudras in the order you get them, the (possibly) most important Ninjutsus will be 1-2, 1-2-3, and 3-2-1. It's a lot simpler than it first sounded.

3-1-2 Doton DoT should also be used when possible though? Granted, with the 5 second cooldown between mudras, it makes it challenging to weave it in between the Suitons and Huutons, and it definitely will fall off at least once during the mudras rotation.

Side note: Doton applies a DoT on the target, play on letters hahaha.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Rei_ posted:

Someone's gotta rep the human race with all you freaks around

Rei we have the same hairstyle now and one of us is going to have to change. <:(>

It will be me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The real way to RP in this game is to macro literally every skill you have.

• Locked thread