Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW
We get it. You're gay. It's 2014. Gay marriage is legal in 32 states. Gays are on TV. Gays are in movies. We have 6 year-olds coming out as gay. The consensus has been convinced that being gay is normal. The novelty has long worn off. And yet gays are always reminding us that they are in fact, gay.

For instance. I hit up Tumblr quite a bit for pics and GIFs. Inevitably I'll come across some schlub's Tumblr page where they identify themselves as such: I'm Darren. I'm 25. I love espressos, butter knives, flying squirrels and toenails. I'm gay on a daily basis.*

Why? Gays are literally the only "minority" I know of that go around identifying themselves. Perhaps some of our gay Goons can explain.

*actual description. Except for the toenails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
They are uninteresting or plain bad in any other aspect

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
im gay

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm left handed.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Guy Fleegman posted:

We get it. You're gay. It's 2014. Gay marriage is legal in 32 states. Gays are on TV. Gays are in movies. We have 6 year-olds coming out as gay. The consensus has been convinced that being gay is normal. The novelty has long worn off. And yet gays are always reminding us that they are in fact, gay.

For instance. I hit up Tumblr quite a bit for pics and GIFs. Inevitably I'll come across some schlub's Tumblr page where they identify themselves as such: I'm Darren. I'm 25. I love espressos, butter knives, flying squirrels and toenails. I'm gay on a daily basis.*

Why? Gays are literally the only "minority" I know of that go around identifying themselves. Perhaps some of our gay Goons can explain.

I hate it when black people and jews do this poo poo!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
White people don't proclaim that they're normal all the time. Why do gay people have to tell you their abnormal?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

gayness is a cosmic energy. you have to broadcast it out there to get it back.

thats what gaydar operates on. gay rays

need a large hard-on collider to see them

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
There aren't many gays so you have to advertize you're gay so you can find other gays to gay with. loving ignorant breeder.

Philadelphia
Sep 29, 2014
I'm queer.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Bip Roberts posted:

White people don't proclaim that they're normal all the time. Why do gay people have to tell you their abnormal?

Why isn't there a Straight History Month??

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
i dont know op
maybe because they're in rebellion against our heteronormative society

guess maybe we'll never know, but who really cares
again, it is a legitimate act of rebellion
yelling about it won't solve anything

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
you give off a lot of gay vibes i guess and they are all dropping hints

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

For the record, he doesn't speak for everyone in the city, just the city itself.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im black

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Why isn't there a Straight History Month??

because everyone interesting in history was hella gay

hitler was gay
alexander was hella gay
benjamin franklin danced in gay bars for benjamins but they didnt know theyd be called benjamins at the time

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Noblesse Obliged posted:

because everyone interesting in history was hella gay

hitler was gay
alexander was hella gay
benjamin franklin danced in gay bars for benjamins but they didnt know theyd be called benjamins at the time
wilde

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

see? this is what I'm talking about!

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

Guy Fleegman posted:

we fall asleep next to the glade and wake up in a world of ruin op

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
theyre gay

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
Saying "im gay" has actually saved my life irl, fyi, hth.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
hey moron, if you ever left the house you'd realize that the only place people constantly say "I'm gay" is on the somethingawful forums and that it's not exactly a good way to judge real life

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
I don't ;like it when you walk around and your dong flapping in the wind, But its fine.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Guy Fleegman posted:

Why not?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Somebody's never met a vegan.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
i'm straight

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Just pointing out that OP is complaining about people announcing their sexuality on tumblr which is like complaining about finding fish in the ocean.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

ugh fish, in *my* ocean

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

im poseidon

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Same.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
cause they feel like they've discovered something no one else has even though they know it's not true.. my best guess. i notice it too.

WHERE IS MY COFFEE
Apr 22, 2009

WHO PUT THAT UP THERE
YOU GUYS ARE ASSHOLES
No self-respecting gay wants to be mistaken for a breeder. Unless Grandma is visiting.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!
insecurity

how else do you explain the flamboyance and pink hot pants

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
Because they are well adjusted adults and don't fear sex. In fact, they realize sex is good.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

because they know not everyone has finely tuned gay-dar

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
How are people supposed to know if they have a chance with me sexually if they don't know if I am gay or not?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
its how they get laid.

"imgay"

"oh! i too, am gay! wanna hit up the men's room?"

see?

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!

Nathilus posted:

its how they get laid.

"imgay"

"oh! i too, am gay! wanna hit up the men's room?"

see?
i'm gay

am i doing it right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I better be careful not to let anyone in on what my sexuality is now that it's officially worn out its novelty in the media, gonna leave this giant aspect of my identity a mystery on this web blog I use to talk about my personal feelings and post pictures of things I like.

• Locked thread