Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Pretty much the greatest theater going experience I've ever had.

It's definitely one of the very best for me as well.

Saw it in Philly when it was still in limited release, a whole bunch of us went to see it based on third-hand recountings of the trailer, brief glances at the website and just general word-of-mouth. I don't think I've ever been in a theater where the whole place was as caught up in a film as this.

Obviously that's a hard thing to qualify, but I swear you could feel the whole place holding its breath at the end when Heather is running trying to find Mike.

Later that year, after it was in wide release I watched it again at a multiplex while visiting my parents and the crowd didn't give a poo poo about it at all. Totally different and much lamer experience. Oh well.

It's still one of my favorite movies and I should re-watch it one of these days soon.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Is that a Todd McFarlane thing? Sure looks like it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's really stupid to think that people will watch a movie like this and not want to talk and wonder about what happened, it is also stupid to say you've solved it definitely.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I feel like it was when they messed with the rocks and especially figures, since they took one of them (I love that it's not shown, just referred to in dialogue).

E: somehow forgot Josh knocked that pile over. In any case i think they'd have been OK if they hadn't stumbled across those Weird Things.

E:e: maybe

a kitten fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 4, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well huh.

• Locked thread