Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Maybe some of you can finally clear this up for me.

I remember seeing this movie in the theater on release, but the film was running at what seemed to me like 60fps at the time and had a different aspect ratio than normal, not sure which but it looked more square or 4:3 than rectangular, almost like someone's home movie shot in 16mm or something. Was this actually a thing? Did any/some/most/all theaters do this? I have to ask because that's how I remember it and I also remember it being jarring when I saw it at home a while later and it looked different.

Additionally it is almost definitely possible that I'm mis-remembering and a crazy person.

edit: Okay I'm watching the movie on Netflix now and I'm starting to think it was a combination of their color camera footage mixed with the extra smoothness of the image from the theater's film projector that made me think it was running at 60fps. Still not sure on the aspect ratio.

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Ahh I knew I wasn't completely out of my mind! Thanks. Yeah it didn't bother me or anything, I just thought it was a neat approach. Any idea if the VHS version ran at a higher framerate, similar to that of camcorder footage? I've only ever seen the theater and DVD releases until now.

• Locked thread