Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

And how similar to your online handle is your real self? I appreciate the nihilistic sense of humour but sometimes I'll say something IRL or react a certain way because it's 'the GBS way' and it gets me into trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
I don't go outside, and I only read GBS.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I hope you two die soon.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
GBS has given me a really low tolerance for new hot memes and jokes to the point someone will be telling me about or showing me this hilarious new thing they found on the internet and I have to fight back the urge to be like "Whatever, that poo poo's a week old, gas!" and instead laugh like I'm not really a cynical shithead that hates fun.

The main difference between me irl and me in gbs is in real life I'm actually nice and don't talk about dicks 24/7.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

sometimes I'll email a funny link I saw here to my dad

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ive read SA since i was 12 and im extremely self critical and cant enjoy a lot of stuff at all

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

also when my coworkers like something i have a great aptitude to poo poo on it

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i just pretend not to know about stuff that i learned on SA irl and dont mention SA except to very close friends

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

a hole-y ghost posted:

i just pretend not to know about stuff that i learned on SA irl and dont mention SA except to very close friends

I treat SA like Candyman, I never talk about it just to be on the safe side.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I'd say I'm not a whole lot like anything I act like in GBS except for posts describing something that I did in real life. I'm probably more like how I post in subforums IRL.

It's just nice to (sometimes) say whatever I want even if I don't believe it for no reason at all except to elicit some sort of response. It's like prodding a cat. While its lovingly, there's very little reason to do it except to receive a reaction.

Nobody except one person knows who I am in real life in relation to SA, and that's only because she's on SA too.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Trixie Hardcore posted:

GBS has given me a really low tolerance for new hot memes and jokes to the point someone will be telling me about or showing me this hilarious new thing they found on the internet and I have to fight back the urge to be like "Whatever, that poo poo's a week old, gas!" and instead laugh like I'm not really a cynical shithead that hates fun.

The main difference between me irl and me in gbs is in real life I'm actually nice and don't talk about dicks 24/7.

same except for the last part

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
somewhat, for instance just this weekend i lifted some chairs, so it is a good thing!
my handle is basically true facts, i really am like a real life tony soprano, but name was taken.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Sometimes my IRL friends bring up something they saw on reddit that day, and i get a superiority rush because i saw it on gbs like 3 days before they did

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

I once asked a girl if she had stairs in her house. quite disappointed when she said "yes, why" :-/

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
i have better grammar irl

still a very broken person though

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ghaz posted:

I once asked a girl if she had stairs in her house. quite disappointed when she said "yes, why" :-/

lol!

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
farts buttfucking queer

See, I'd probably never say that in real life without some reason. But in GBS, I can and I will.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
My fiancee has a SA account and is probably the only person irl I could even talk about SA stuff with because a lot of our humor here translates poorly. Like, the other day she asked what I was laughing about and I said "These goons are taking pictures of themselves lifting chairs over their heads, this guy just lifted a chair while standing on a chair." and she was like "omg let me see" when I think most people would have just gotten a confused furrow in their brow.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Ghaz posted:

failed the counter, no wonder she wasn't interested. drop a lowtax line next time.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Ghaz posted:

thats what i always say if people ask me that lol

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ghaz posted:

Years ago I asked someone if they had stairs in their house, and they answered all "I'm protected", and then i found out they posted in the subforums i never even read, and then i found their obituary when i looked them up a couple months afterwards

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i want to date a goon

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

solaranus posted:

Years ago I asked someone if they had stairs in their house, and they answered all "I'm protected", and then i found out they posted in the subforums i never even read, and then i found their obituary when i looked them up a couple months afterwards
it was your fault, you know

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

not at all, hth

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

TEAYCHES posted:

i want to date a goon

i need to move to a city where there are more goonettes

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Ghaz posted:

i need to move to a city where there are more goonettes

im gay

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
most of my irl friends have forums accounts so occasionally we talk about a thread but its rare because they all post in different places

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
only when I am being :gas:lighted

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I gently caress piss and fag cum

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

a hole-y ghost posted:

it was your fault, you know

I only called him out because it was like 2006 and he was passing off tucker max stories as his own.

It was 2006 so who was gonna call him out, but then again passing off tucker max stories as your own...

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Not at all really I'm pretty well balanced

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I once started a text with "lmbo". I felt shame.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
I'm the same, all I say is gently caress This poo poo 24/7

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

mookface posted:

Not at all really I'm pretty well balanced

This but unironically

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "friend of the family balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of fyad humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fetus Tree posted:

This but unironically

Im not being facetious or anything I don't have any real problems or personality disorders. You guys can be pretty funny so I hang out here

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

mookface posted:

Im not being facetious or anything I don't have any real problems or personality disorders. You guys can be pretty funny so I hang out here

:thejoke:

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

mookface posted:

yeahhhh right your probably a secret molester or something. You probably like to look at pics of mating farm animals i bet

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Ghaz posted:

yeahhhh right your probably a secret molester or something. You probably like to look at pics of mating farm animals i bet

Get that man a blue star, stat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fetus Tree posted:

Get that man a blue star, stat

I try to be a good poster so it would never work

• Locked thread