Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Iamblikhos posted:

If he's THAT crazy, then it's time to start talking about fitness to stand trial.

Didn't stop Phil Spector from being put on trial for murder. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

ThirdPartyView posted:

Didn't stop Phil Spector from being put on trial for murder. :shrug:

Maybe it should have. (Assuming he'd get committed instead.)

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Agag posted:

If he was any crazier he might drug and rape people.

You don't have to be crazy to do that. Just a bad person. I see the ironic comment you were trying to make, but it didn't work.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Iamblikhos posted:

You don't have to be crazy to do that. Just a bad person. I see the ironic comment you were trying to make, but it didn't work.

Well I'm glad that's settled.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

This is funny:

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Does anyone have a complete list of the women he has allegedly assaulted?

Law and Order lady that was offered a Jello Pudding Pop but did not accept the invitation:

Comedy club owner that got slipped a Quaalude b Dr. Huxtable

Can someone with photoshop skills add stink lines coming off of Cosby's fingers and maybe a fly or two buzzing around?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

corpuscollossus posted:

Not sure I can be sure with 14 accusations. With how vapid they can be. I'm setting the bar at *puckers mouth* 17

I think the count just hit 18. Calling it now, Bill Cosby officially a rapist.

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

Does anyone have a complete list of the women he has allegedly assaulted?

A Complete List of the Women Who Have Accused Bill Cosby of Sexual Assault

greg sexyvibes posted:

I still don't understand the whole "he molested me, but I went back later and he did it again!" And the "I'm so ashamed, I'll just not report this until 30 years later." That's like getting a reprimand months after the fact.

If someone rich/famous/powerful rapes you the most likely scenario is your rapist gets 100% away with it and your career is ruined and you are marked as the attention craving whore that tried to bring down famous person. Especially 30+ years ago when reporting a rape was rewarded with a hearty round of belly laughs from the police. In some of these accounts people close to the victim pressured them not to report it and honestly, that was probably good advice, giving up the career you just started as a young actress/writer/etc, having to face your attacker and his team of lawyers, and being branded a "rape victim" for your entire life on the slim chance your rapist will see any punishment is a sucker bet. I know that's a depressing point of view and I should say you should always report getting raped but in real life it's hard to tell a person to spend their entire life as a public victim because of what someone did to them.

greg sexyvibes posted:

what the fucks the point of bringing it up.
Many of these women who are coming forward are older women (some of who did actually report it when it happened and were basically shrugged off) who are only doing so in response to these more recent assault allegations. The point of bringing it up is to lend credence to the new allegations by sharing their own experiences. Also, it's very common for a rape victim to rationalize that this was a one time aberration and they must have done something wrong to cause their own rape and being faced with the reality that they were one of a string of victims will force them to come forward.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Iamblikhos posted:

Here we 15 witnesses to 15 separate offenses. They would not corroborate each other's testimony in court. It makes a difference.

Most of Iamblikhos posts have been terrible itt but I want to highlight this valuable advice for women to always bring a rape buddy to corroborate your rape. If these 18 women had gotten raped all at once by Bill Cosby I think their stories would be a little easier to believe. Although, you get 18 women together in one room they will just synch up their periods and start making up false rape accusations for fame and fortune so I guess we will just have to let the justice system decide who is telling the truth here.

Iamblikhos posted:

Nothing. That's why we have statutes of limitation. If he did do it, too bad for her. If he didn't, too bad for him. Them's the breaks.

This is also tops rape advice.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
Bill Cosby: Rapist

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.
Why come out with allegations today when you could have come out...well, three days ago?

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

CareyB posted:

Bill Cosby: Rapist

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-bill-cosby-sued-20141202-story.html

Someone just took legal action, a civil suit, the first to do so recently. Since the events allegedly happened in 1974, he can't be prosecuted criminally.

quote:

Huth said she and a friend were in Lacy Park when they wandered over to a movie set where Cosby was working, the lawsuit said. He approached the teenagers, invited them to sit in his director’s chair and asked how old they were, the lawsuit said.

Cosby invited the girls to his L.A. County tennis club the following Saturday, the lawsuit alleges. They met him there, then followed him to a house where he “served them alcohol beverages and played games of billiards” with Huth, according to the lawsuit.

Huth was required to drink a beer every time Cosby won a game, the lawsuit said.

Later, the girls followed Cosby to the Playboy Mansion, where the comedian told Huth and her friend to say they were 19 if anyone asked their ages, the lawsuit said.

At one point, Huth used a bathroom and emerged to find Cosby sitting on a bed, the lawsuit alleges.

The comedian asked the 15-year-old to sit down on the bed beside him and attempted to “put his hand down her pants,” according to the lawsuit. He then took her hand in his and performed a sexual act on himself “without her consent,” the lawsuit said.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
I was wondering where this thread went

the bill cosby rape train never stops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
So this is like some late breaking trama from a 40 year old suppressed memory?

• Locked thread