Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Why must gbs convict black men without a proper legal proceeding? For shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Rand alPaul posted:

Someone needs to put Woody Allen and Bill Cosby in a car and drive it into ISIS-controlled Syria.

This would make a great sitcom.

or a Family Guy cutaway.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
Bill Cosby raped me.

Raped me with quality TV programming as a youth.

Sleepy Sip
Jul 5, 2014

*laughtrack* *freeze frame*
The Cosby Show was raped in front of a live studio audience.
*cheesy sitcom fadeout music*

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
poo poo's really gonna hit the fan now that Janice Dickinson has come out against him, what with her actually being famous and wealthy

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I can't understand.
What would Cosby's face be like while raping?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

amuayse posted:

I can't understand.
What would Cosby's face be like while raping?

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
he was the donkey in shrek, right? That donkey was funny. donkeys dont rape.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Bill Cosby Wikipedia article posted:

"Subsequently, he joined the Navy, serving at the Marine Corps Base Quantico, Virginia."

That's all the proof I need.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Wow, adult women doing drugs getting drunk with bill cosby in his apartment and then going on second dates and not reporting when they feel they've been rape come out 30 years later how courageous

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Remember ladies: there are ways to stop oral sex

woon socket
Sep 30, 2011

by XyloJW
:rolleyes:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 21, 2014

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Hexel posted:

Remember ladies: there are ways to stop oral sex

lmao yeah good advice is to bite a rapists dick. That won't motivate some violent reaction.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Clarence just thinks he's white. It causes all sorts of arguments at his country club, mostly because they still won't let him in.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Ramsus posted:

lmao yeah good advice is to bite a rapists dick. That won't motivate some violent reaction.

Here I have this incredibly soft, fleshy, sensitive appendage being inserted into my sharp & crushing mandible. Lol at you if you dont bite that dick off.

joxxuh
May 20, 2011
I'm willing to bet this is another one of those cash-in-on-blaming-a-universally-loved-black-celebrity smear jobs like the one with Michael Jackson

joxxuh
May 20, 2011

Hexel posted:

incredibly soft

I can see how you'd be bitter towards the fairer sex

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
You got me Cosby! *shakes fist*

-an actual witness recounting of the events

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Hexel posted:

Here I have this incredibly soft, fleshy, sensitive appendage being inserted into my sharp & crushing mandible. Lol at you if you dont bite that dick off.
Baby Dave Chappelle done had a funny bit on biting dicks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwG0Ay8YT_w

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

corpuscollossus posted:

Tyson showed remorse

Did he?

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Kinda, sorta, not really

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ArbitraryC posted:

You got me Cosby! *shakes fist*

-an actual witness recounting of the events

you mean:

quote:

He made me a redeye, and I, being nervous and dealing at the time with an alcohol problem (I've been in recovery since 1988), drank it. In the car I had something else to drink, but was already beginning to feel a bit stoned ... But soon after, I remember feeling very, very stoned and asking his chauffeur to take me back to the car. I was having trouble standing up. The next thing I remember was waking up in his bed back at the Sherry, naked. I remember thinking ‘You old poo poo, I guess you got me this time, but it's the last time you'll ever see me.'

cosby drugged and raped her

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
You win this round, Cosby, but I'll get you next time

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Whatev posted:

You win this round, Cosby, but I'll get you next time

Even in rape, Cosby makes the comedy happen.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

joxxuh posted:

I'm willing to bet this is another one of those cash-in-on-blaming-a-universally-loved-black-celebrity smear jobs like the one with Michael Jackson

Honestly if it wasn't for the sheer number of allegations, it does look like one. No criminal investigations or charges pressed, some of the victims clearly just wanting money and Cosby giving said money out in settlements, so much time passed that nothing can really be proven or verified, ect. Then there's the point that given the state of race relations when some of the things were said to have occurred, it really wouldn't have been hard to push criminal charges against Cosby (a famous black man raping a white woman is a KKK Grand Wizard's wet dream)

It is possible this is just a publicity stunt and money grab by some people to raise their profiles at Cosby's expense and ride the wave of feminist zeitgeist that's been going on lately. However it's a lot of allegations... a lot of it sounds like it involves date rape... and Cosby's made jokes about date rap in the past... and Cosby's refusal to answer any questions related to it isn't very good.

At best Cosby has been a bit of an rear end in a top hat in relationships and has tried to cover up that the real him isn't as clean cut as his television persona, so he went overboard in trying to suppress any negative publicity which would contradict it and now it's biting him in the rear end. At worst he's a serial rapist.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Concerned Citizen posted:

you mean:

cosby drugged and raped her
This was after he allegedly drugged and attempted to rape her once but failed right?

I mean don't get me wrong there's a ton of victims and their stories are all pretty consistent so it does seem to me like he is prolly a rapist. On the other hand though I'm really hesitant to convict a person in public opinion over something they haven't been actually legally convicted of.

In a world where there is certainly different legal systems for us plebes vs the rich and famous its understandable to ignore the lack of official rulings and still conclude he is an unrepentant rapist based on the evidence but its still kind of something I'm eh about on a principles standpoint.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Shadoer posted:

Honestly if it wasn't for the sheer number of allegations, it does look like one. No criminal investigations or charges pressed, some of the victims clearly just wanting money and Cosby giving said money out in settlements, so much time passed that nothing can really be proven or verified, ect. Then there's the point that given the state of race relations when some of the things were said to have occurred, it really wouldn't have been hard to push criminal charges against Cosby (a famous black man raping a white woman is a KKK Grand Wizard's wet dream)

this isn't true. cosby was "one of the good ones." he went on tv and told everyone that black people are at fault for their problems, not white people. that's part of the reason he was so successful. he was a black man acceptable to white audiences. i sincerely doubt anyone would have taken rape accusations seriously, given that they generally weren't taken seriously in 99% of cases back then and often still aren't. another thing is that these women were mainly in the entertainment industry. if they went public it would essentially end their career and cosby probably wouldn't have been affected anyway.

Concerned Citizen fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 20, 2014

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Shadoer posted:

Honestly if it wasn't for the sheer number of allegations, it does look like one.
Isn't this kind of circular logic though? If more claims makes existing claims more accurate or believable then doesn't that in itself provide motive for people to just modify the story of initial allegations a bit, say it happened to them, and collect a settlement check? Not at all saying I think that's what happened I just don't really like that line of reasoning. If you can get 1 person to lie about something its not really hard to get 10 or 20 others to lie too, America is a big place and Cosby has been around the entire country.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Shadoer posted:

It is possible this is just a publicity stunt and money grab by some people to raise their profiles at Cosby's expense and ride the wave of feminist zeitgeist that's been going on lately. However it's a lot of allegations... a lot of it sounds like it involves date rape... and Cosby's made jokes about date rap in the past... and Cosby's refusal to answer any questions related to it isn't very good.

At best Cosby has been a bit of an rear end in a top hat in relationships and has tried to cover up that the real him isn't as clean cut as his television persona, so he went overboard in trying to suppress any negative publicity which would contradict it and now it's biting him in the rear end. At worst he's a serial rapist.
Just accepting your skeptical reasoning, why would Janice Dickinson get on the allegation train when she is already rich and famous? She does not really have anything significant to gain and quite a lot to lose if her story was somehow proven false.

Regardless, as far as I know most of the women who have come forward did so to serve as witnesses and were not seeking damages

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ArbitraryC posted:

This was after he allegedly drugged and attempted to rape her once but failed right?

I mean don't get me wrong there's a ton of victims and their stories are all pretty consistent so it does seem to me like he is prolly a rapist. On the other hand though I'm really hesitant to convict a person in public opinion over something they haven't been actually legally convicted of.

In a world where there is certainly different legal systems for us plebes vs the rich and famous its understandable to ignore the lack of official rulings and still conclude he is an unrepentant rapist based on the evidence but its still kind of something I'm eh about on a principles standpoint.

no, he drugged her and successfully raped her twice.

quote:

“One day he asked me to stay after the shooting and work on some material with him. I was even more flattered and thought this would help move my writing career along. In his bungalow he made me a redeye, and I began to tell him about the earthquake Los Angeles had just had and the sound it made. He liked my ideas for an earthquake bit.

“The next thing I remember was coming to on his couch while being undressed. Through the haze I thought I was being clever when I told him I had an infection and he would catch it and his wife would know he had sex with someone. But he just found another orifice to use. I was sickened by what was happening to me and shocked that this man I had idolized was now raping me. Of course I told no one.

“Back home with my parents, my mother kept bringing his name up as a source of pride. Cosby was very hot then with his first sitcom, The Bill Cosby Show, and she was proud that her daughter had written with him. So the day that he called, she answered the phone and he told her he was inviting me to The Westbury Music Theater. I was repulsed by the thought of seeing him again, but I saw no way out. I couldn’t tell my mother what he had done. Or what I had let happen, feeling the guilt that rape victims often feel.

“He sent a limo to pick me up and I was dropped off at the Sherry Netherland Hotel and went up to his suite. I remember noticing that his leather shaving kit was filled with bottles of pills, and thinking that this seemed odd. He was, of course, very friendly and I, of course, was very uncomfortable. He made me a redeye, and I, being nervous and dealing at the time with an alcohol problem (I’ve been in recovery since 1988), drank it. In the car I had something else to drink, but was already beginning to feel a bit stoned.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks

same

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 21, 2014

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

‘You old poo poo, I guess you got me this time, but it's the last time you'll ever see me.'

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
if you don't think bill cosby is a serial rapist you're probably a mra

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

this isn't true. cosby was "one of the good ones." he went on tv and told everyone that black people are at fault for their problems, not white people. that's part of the reason he was so successful. he was a black man acceptable to white audiences. i sincerely doubt anyone would have taken rape accusations seriously, given that they generally weren't taken seriously in 99% of cases back then and often still aren't. another thing is that these women were mainly in the entertainment industry. if they went public it would essentially end their career and cosby probably wouldn't have been affected anyway.

I don't know, racism was still pretty strong back then and there was enough people who did want to knock Cosby off of his throne. Then again, you're right that most cases weren't looked at back then either. I guess if he did do it, you'd need a cop with either some integrity to investigate it or a racist rear end in a top hat who'd want the world to know that all blacks are rapists.

ArbitraryC posted:

Isn't this kind of circular logic though? If more claims makes existing claims more accurate or believable then doesn't that in itself provide motive for people to just modify the story of initial allegations a bit, say it happened to them, and collect a settlement check? Not at all saying I think that's what happened I just don't really like that line of reasoning. If you can get 1 person to lie about something its not really hard to get 10 or 20 others to lie too, America is a big place and Cosby has been around the entire country.

That's true, it's not the best point I could have made.

Whatev posted:

Just accepting your skeptical reasoning, why would Janice Dickinson get on the allegation train when she is already rich and famous? She does not really have anything significant to gain and quite a lot to lose if her story was somehow proven false.

Regardless, as far as I know most of the women who have come forward did so to serve as witnesses and were not seeking damages

Well with Janice Dickinson she's not that rich or famous anymore. At least for the last decade she hasn't exactly been A list, or even really B list. This whole thing though has brought the spotlight right back on her.

Actually according the wikipedia, there are a few times that women have accused Cosby and he just settled. I'm not sure about the current witnesses.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

if you don't think bill cosby is a serial rapist you're probably a mra

Or you have an appreciation of the legal system, ideas like innocent until proven guilty, not a fan of trial by the mob.

Honestly I'm leaning in my own opinion that he's guilty, however I think him losing all of these shows and effectively being punished by the public is pretty bullshit. He should be investigated, put on trial, and serve jail time if it's found he's guilty. Not drawn into the public square and given a lynching.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bill cosby has a problem with AP not getting his consent to air the unedited interview

bill cosby does not have a problem with getting consent for sex from women

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Shadoer posted:

Or you have an appreciation of the legal system, ideas like innocent until proven guilty, not a fan of trial by the mob.

Honestly I'm leaning in my own opinion that he's guilty, however I think him losing all of these shows and effectively being punished by the public is pretty bullshit. He should be investigated, put on trial, and serve jail time if it's found he's guilty. Not drawn into the public square and given a lynching.

it's essentially impossible to investigate decades old rape cases. he will never go to jail

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

it's essentially impossible to investigate decades old rape cases. he will never go to jail
So because its no longer possible to investigate the crime we should just conclude he is guilty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

We really don't know that until he's actually investigated. Also just because it's very difficult to investigate something that is this old, doesn't mean it shouldn't be investigated or that he's automatically guilty.

• Locked thread