Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
california roll
Feb 23, 2009
everyone knows the church is evil and the pope is a worshipper of satan so why not switch to protestantism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

good question op

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

every catholic i know was born into it, went to a catholic school, got confirmed, then blended into society and it only came up if you made fun of catholics.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk man people believe in some stupid poo poo to try and escape the crushing realities of the universe

california roll
Feb 23, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

idk man people believe in some stupid poo poo to try and escape the crushing realities of the universe

but its an undisputed fact that the Catholic church is a church that worships the anti christ

naem
May 29, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

I like the funny hats.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

they can catholick my balls

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
to get into a good school

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

california roll posted:

but its an undisputed fact that the Catholic church is a church that worships the anti christ
We can't have the second coming until the antichrist had his 1000 years of rulership, may as well help hurry things along.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Only legit denominations are Catholic and Orthodox. Anything else is Johnny-come-lately BS.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
All spiritual expressions of tolerance and interconnection stem from the basic human desire for a society where scarcity doesn't exist. (Communism)

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

My girlfriend calls herself Catholic even though she has been to church exactly once in the six years I've known her.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
As a Jew I have no opinion on the matter because actually I don't really believe in any of this bullshit. I'm just glad I have nearly a year or so before I have to repent saying that. hth

Cosmic Web
Jan 11, 2005

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!"
Fun Shoe
Because I'm too cheap to pay the €30 fee I'd have to pay in order to officially :getout:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Eh, because we are chill and rarely anyone cares if you go to church or not. Just the naive people think they will make baby Jesus cry of they touch themselves.

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
That carpenter from Nazareth was the KING of bullshitters but I can't believe they arrested and killed the dude for it. That's so crazy.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

california roll posted:

the church is evil and the pope is a worshipper of satan

I bolded my reasons

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
catholics = apple
protestants = android

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

becoming catholic is a lot of work. I recognize the pope as a cool guy (not satanic) but like i'm gonna go thorugh all the effort to becoming a confirmed catholic. Lol. No.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Catholics have bigger dicks and we can out gently caress all the protestants, jews and the filthy bearded moon worshiping mozlems. :angel:

Useless Shotgun
Nov 5, 2010

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.

The Mad Archivist posted:

catholics = apple
protestants = android

So does that mean Orthodox is a windows phone?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

catholics = apple
protestants = android

Priests = Aatrek
Vatican = Mods

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

wine in church

edit: to elaborate, in what other contexts is it socially acceptable to drink at 9am on a sunday?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

That's acceptable to do in pretty much all contexts. Where have you been?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

That's acceptable to do in pretty much all contexts. Where have you been?

any social group that wouldn't balk at drinking at 9am on a sunday is composed entirely of people who have never in their lives been awake at 9am on a sunday.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

That's easily fixable with a simple recipe:

1: Group of sleeping people

1: Case of wine

1: Air-horn (May substitute similar noise maker if necessary)

Mix and enjoy

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm pretty sure that the Catholic church is just an ancient club for child molesters and people that endorse child molestation and want to support it with their money.

I can't imagine any other reason that people in 2014 are giving money to the Catholic church and openly identifying themselves as Catholic. It's like they really have no shame at all.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

california roll posted:

everyone knows the church is evil and the pope is a worshipper of satan so why not switch to protestantism?

because take it in the pooper and provide easy access.

HTH

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I would probably go back if there was more wine

Hey guys OK like ALL of the wine in this huge box is now the blood of christ; don't waste any. OK, go!

Yeah yeah whatever Gary the beer is also the blood of Christ, whatever

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

kids gotta get molested somehow

naem
May 29, 2011

catholics = apple
protestants = android

Catholics are clearly Microsoft

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I'm too lazy to do something to get me excommunicated

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
how else you supposed to become a supreme court justice?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
say what you will but catholic churches always make for bitchin' action scene sets

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
ever seen a unitarian do an exorcism? yeah there you go, op.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
I appreciate that they now have a marginally less horrible and embarrassing pope years after I have renounced my faith but my devout Catholic relatives hate him for preaching tolerance of gay people and being critical of capitalism and such. Like drat, even when I was Catholic and disagreeing with the pope on things I still made believe he was chosen by God and was the best thing for everybody at this point in history. Chain of command and such.

Religion (or lack thereof) seems to have very limited influence on what people believe and how they treat people.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

religion has a profound effects on how people think. But the stuff that holds sway is the oldest doctrines. New religious doctrine doesn't take so well because the mysticism isn't there. It is what it is.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

That's their loving business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Top City Homo posted:

because take it in the pooper and provide easy access.

HTH
That girl is not a real Catholic school girl. Catholic schools are complete Nazis about their dress codes.

• Locked thread