Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Secks Cauldron posted:

That girl is not a real Catholic school girl. Catholic schools are complete Nazis about their dress codes.

lol if you've never see one out of high school dressed in a uniform like she is ready to suck the red out of a fire hydrant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

protestant girls are just as as slutty they just cut themselves and work themselves into a mental psychosis over the guilt.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

hemophilia posted:

protestant girls are just as as slutty they just cut themselves and work themselves into a mental psychosis over the guilt.

that's totally my poo poo. :twisted:

Rodya Raskolnikov
Jun 18, 2009
Because protestantism just leads to people splitting off into a new drat denomination because of gays or predestination or whatever bullshit of the day.

Rodya Raskolnikov
Jun 18, 2009
Ecumenical councils motherfuckers

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
Hail statan

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
For those that may not know: two of the catholic sacraments are baptism and confirmation. Baptism is when your parents declare you to be a member of the church as an infant; confirmation if for teen catholics to confirm their belief and place in the church now that they are old enough to speak for themselves.

Confirmation classes were the first time I ever legitimately asked myself if I really did believe or not. As I was instructed. Turns out, the answer was No, to the point of "holy poo poo, this is all pretty absurd if you think about it".

I was too big of a pussy to speak up and not go through with it at the time, but that was the turning point. Within 3 years I was a raging atheist douchebag.

Fortunately, I grew out of that as well.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Internetjack posted:

For those that may not know: two of the catholic sacraments are baptism and confirmation. Baptism is when your parents declare you to be a member of the church as an infant; confirmation if for teen catholics to confirm their belief and place in the church now that they are old enough to speak for themselves.

Confirmation classes were the first time I ever legitimately asked myself if I really did believe or not. As I was instructed. Turns out, the answer was No, to the point of "holy poo poo, this is all pretty absurd if you think about it".

I was too big of a pussy to speak up and not go through with it at the time, but that was the turning point. Within 3 years I was a raging atheist douchebag.

Who knew religion had a large sweeping brain washing elite who controlled all the purse strings.

Any religion is valid, as long as it IS valid.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Being Catholic isn't really about the religion, it's about the cultural identity that comes from a common experience. You go to Catholic school, get taught by priests/nuns, do the first communion thing, go to confession, do confirmation, and then stop going to mass except for maybe Christmas and Easter.

I've known atheists that admit they still think of themselves as Catholic.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
protip: people identifying as "culturally catholic" are the easiest peopl eon the planet to guilt trip

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
My god is Ahura Mazda

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Top City Homo posted:

My god is Ahura Mazda

My god is a dart tree frog that is the same frog over and over again.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
someone texted me that the pope made evolution and the big bang legal or something

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

1gnoirents posted:

someone texted me that the pope made evolution and the big bang legal or something

there was also something about homogay sex being legal now

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Internetjack posted:

I still feel like it's cool that institutionally, they put you in a situation where you were implored to ask yourself and question your belief, because loooool protestants don't do that.

edit: start asking honest, but hard questions in a baptist church and watch the drama bomb you cause explode

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

naem posted:

Catholics are clearly Microsoft

no, microsoft = islam

they were relevant and cool a while ago and did some sincerely good stuff but lately have just been getting on everyone's nerves and being total shitheads while their relevance and power continues a long and painful death spiral

if you don't believe this you haven't talked with a Windows 8 true believer "actually Metro is good, inshsatya"

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 29, 2014

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I always liked the crackers and arts n crafts stuff in Sunday school.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

The Mad Archivist posted:

no, microsoft = islam

they were relevant and cool a while ago and did some sincerely good stuff but lately have just been getting on everyone's nerves and being total shitheads while their relevance and power continues a long and painful death spiral

if you don't believe this you haven't talked with a Windows 8 true believer "actually Metro is good, inshsatya"

bullshit

no one likes windows 8.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

hemophilia posted:

what about orthodox

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Frostwerks posted:

what about orthodox

Russians and greeks my friend

i'll let you figure it out

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Wicker Man posted:

I always liked the crackers and arts n crafts stuff in Sunday school.

if there is one thing a catholic church is full of, it is crackers

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

california roll posted:

everyone knows the church is evil and the pope is a worshipper of satan so why not switch to protestantism?

Because Protestants are whiny babbys who take their ball and go home when they hit the slightest bit of resistance. Protestants are basically what happens when you let the voices (The Devil, God, or just plain schizophrenia) tell you what to do.

Protestants worship Mammon, especially in 'Murca. They love to give MmmmMMmmammon the smooches, the sweet sweet smooches.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
sometimes it's hard for me to comprehend there are people 2-3x my age who believe in literal gods in the sky

like what the gently caress lol

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
american protestantism is the best argument against allowing the plebs access to scripture

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax

Top City Homo posted:

because take it in the pooper and provide easy access.

HTH

So what I've learnt here is that Catholics can't even dress their sluts hot, even when provided with a high schol uniform.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Most of the Catholics I've met seem to be incredibly strict and incredibly lax about their faith at the same time. While aware of the dozens of rules, indices, amendments, exceptions, rites, blabbidy-blahs, they are also completely relaxed about finding ways around all of the above and behaving basically however they like.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Cuz lol at the five Solas at the heart of Protestantism

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Chick tracts may not be the best place to learn about catholicism, op.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Say what you will about the religion itself but going to a Cathedral that has a proper organ and choir is amazing. Mass in B Minor is way better than anything those filthy protestants can throw at us.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Copts are the only true faith.

Also realtalk do Mormons count as Christian or are they too many degrees of heresy removed to be considered Christian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

paranoid randroid posted:

american protestantism is the best argument against allowing the plebs access to scripture

QFT

Chupe Raho Aurat posted:

So what I've learnt here is that Catholics can't even dress their sluts hot, even when provided with a high schol uniform.

U gay, son.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Also realtalk do Mormons count as Christian or are they too many degrees of heresy removed to be considered Christian?

They have a sweet tricked out modded Christianity that lets you be God of your own planet when you die as long as you follow the rules that Joseph Smith translated from the mysterious golden tablets he found in his back yard.

So, they're kind of like Islam, in that the religion is overlaying Christianity and changing a few bits, the same way Christianity overlays Judaism.

• Locked thread