Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
I'm just gonna lie back and pretend the preseason game we had against the Seahawks was the real match.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
2nd year in a row that Reid has played his former QB Vick. Chiefs have good match ups across the board except for the Jets DL, which will probably cause a lot of problems for KC's OL.

Usual Reid gameplan will work great here, quick 3 step drop short passes that play to Alex's strengths and minimize the impact of the Jets run D and pass rush. Chiefs D is quietly one of the leagues best this year, especially against the pass, so I am not sure where the Jets will find scores.

28-17 KC

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

v.

This should be fun.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 28, 2014

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The bucs loving suck.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cowboys defense is still not good and if the cardinals blitz half as well as the Redskins it will be a long day for the cowboys and probably another close loss.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The Steelers beat the Colts by lots and lots of passing

we have a coach that insists on running the ball, a decision which may have lost us the Cowboys game

we will lose

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 28, 2014

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
So I was oddly on point about miami vs JAX so to continue my streak I will say this -

Miami has a great team. Capable of hanging with the Chargers. What they don't have is a head coach. They have a human ostrich that genuinely is afraid of game time decisions and will easily gently caress this up. Miami is a one half team. We can't be that against the San Diego Chargers.

Miami will out score San Diego in the first half and totally poo poo the bed in the second losing by 10 points. I'm basing this on mathews being out

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Skins will find a way to lose in Minnesota. Its what they do.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

commy gun posted:

Only if they start RG3 instead of Colt 45

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Texans will absolutely get beat by the Eagles, there is no way that McCoy in space will not wreck the entire defense. I dont know how good the Eagles defense is, but I'm willing to bet its good enough to not get a 40 burger put on it by Ryan Fitzpatrick. Hopefully Arian can continue his run to glory and Watt can do his best one man band impression for this not to be an embarrassing loss but I dont have much faith in that.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm going to remain positive, especially now that Clowney is back. Another week of practice and getting into game shape

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Washington has a chance to win 3 games in a row for like the first time in forever, I feel. Just keep starting Colt.

After last night, I'm feeling excited for this team to go 6-10.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Pron on VHS posted:

2nd year in a row that Reid has played his former QB Vick. Chiefs have good match ups across the board except for the Jets DL, which will probably cause a lot of problems for KC's OL.

Usual Reid gameplan will work great here, quick 3 step drop short passes that play to Alex's strengths and minimize the impact of the Jets run D and pass rush. Chiefs D is quietly one of the leagues best this year, especially against the pass, so I am not sure where the Jets will find scores.

28-17 KC

I agree mostly. This is probably the best matchup for us until the Raiders game. Although, there's always a couple of trap games in every season so let's just hope this one isn't it. Just please don't give up a huge game to old rear end Mike Vick plz

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Jacksonville looks like it's going to be a good team soon, just not this year. It'll end up being close because their RBs are doing pretty well right now and our Run D is terrible, but our pass D is (based on one game) back to it's "bend don't break" policy. I think I read their Oline is pretty bad so I expect the Bengals' DC will call a lot of blitzes.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Last week I started my own pesronal analysis on the weekly games to help me get more in-tune with matchups. When I added up the games I called and the games I was wrong on, I found I was slightly worse than a coin flip. The only notable game I called right was the Saints over Packers, but not because of actual football reasons, so that hardly counts. I'm going to impose two new rules: if I make a judgement call, I must put in a football reason. Also, I am going to call more than who I think will win, I will also start describing how I think the game will go in some fashion. This will make me far less accurate, but I will also have to do more than a cursory lookup of the teams if I want to do better, and start to know more people on those teams.

Saints-Panthers: I'm not convinced this past week was the fluke. As the Redskins demonstrated yesterday, it's still possible for a good team to play bad, and a bad team to play well. Sometimes both at the same time. The Saints for as much as I dislike them, shouldn't be counted out, especially against a division rival. NFC South is looking like a dumpster fire, but right now, the Saints and the Panthers are both potential division winners. I like the Saints to win this one, dominating by more than 2 touchdowns. It's just far, far too easy to shut down Cam Newton because he has literally no good help. And whatever problems the Saints had on defense, they drat well should be cleaning it up by now. They had to in order to beat the Packers last week.

Cardinals-Cowboys: My family has been Cowboys fans for over 40 years now. God drat, that realization just came to me. Fortunately, I'm not on that bandwagon, and won't be again. Despite this past week's hot garbage game the Cowboys played against the Redskins, I still favor the Cowboys over the Cardinals, but by no more than one touchdown. This is all dependent on whether they can keep Tony Romo from getting sacked over and over again, though. If they don't, then the Cardinals are going to run over the Cowboys bad.

Eagles-Texans: I honestly don't know who should win this one. The Texans are doing pretty all right this season so far and might just keep it up. Nick Foles isn't looking that great, but LeSean McCoy is looking loving fantastic. The Texans are going to have to keep up the pressure on Foles to win with Watt and Clowney so Jackson doesn't outrun the Texans secondary. That said, I will call this as both teams scoring more than 25 points each due to both having serious holes in their respective defenses.

Jets-Chiefs: Chiefs. Lop-sided win by more than 2 touchdowns. Percy Harvin and Michael Vick won't make this offense function well enough to establish any sort of game against the Chiefs.

Jaguars-Bengals: I like the Jaguars. They're my adopted :shobon: team. But it's such a one-sided matchup that I can't in good conscience call it.

Chargers-Dolphins: Apparently, the Chargers haven't won in Miami since 1981. I say the Chargers break that losing streak on Sunday. San Diego will unfuck themselves long enough to beat Miami on offense through the run game with Branden Oliver on the ground and through the air with Antonio Gates and Keenan Allen running over the Dolphins. Chargers will hit around 29 points with the Dolphins lucky to break 20. This is predicated on whether Flowers is recovered and can play, or the new corner they signed is worth a poo poo. Thank god they dumped Richard Marshall, that guy was worthless. As for the Dolphins, I don't fully know. The only name I knew besides Tannehill was Knowshon Moreno, and he's on IR. Anyone who does know this team, I'd like to know more and why they have a chance or will totally destroy the Chargers.

Redskins-Vikings: I'm calling this one the poo poo-show of the week. It will be enjoyable, but bad all around.

Rams-49ers: I don't believe the Rams will be able to recreate their special teams fuckery to victory. That was fun as hell to watch, but not something that's easily repeatable. The 49ers will run a train on the Rams by 3 touchdowns or more.

Broncos-Patriots: It would be so easy to call this for the Broncos, and I don't think I'm alone in thinking they're going to teat the poo poo out of everyone in the AFC to the superbowl. I loving hate that, by the way. No team should be predestined to go, no matter how many mercenaries you sign to make it happen. But do I think the Pats O-Line can keep DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller from putting Brady in the turf constantly? Nope! Broncos, in a lop-sided victory of 2 TDs or more. However, in this one instance, I am rooting for the Patriots to win. I just don't believe Brady's magic bullshit can overcome the Broncos.

Raiders-Seahawks: Seahawks will keep the Raiders to 10 points or fewer while scoring more than 20 themselves. Since there's no brave call here, I'm not going to count this as a prediction; it's more like watching a slow-motion kick in the balls over and over again. You know it's coming, yet you cringe every time you see it.

Ravens-Steelers: I can't give anything remotely specific about this game. I don't know enough about the Steelers or Ravens to make any sort of call one way or the other.

Colts-Giants: I'll get this out of the way: I don't like Eli Manning. I will not spend an evening of elegance with him. But I'm going to go out on a limb a bit and say Giants in a high-scoring shootout game (30+ points per team). Neither team has a decent enough defense to stop the other, so it all comes down to who can keep momentum up the longest, and to that, I have to go with Manning over Luck. But I would love to be wrong on this one.

aperion fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 29, 2014

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Cowboys defense is still not good and if the cardinals blitz half as well as the Redskins it will be a long day for the cowboys and probably another close loss.

Unfortunately the Cardinals blitz more than any other team in the league I think, they don't seem to actually get sacks but they force a lot of bad incompletions. They also have one of the best defenses against the run. If Romo is ailing it will be a long game.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

So I was oddly on point about miami vs JAX so to continue my streak I will say this -

Miami has a great team. Capable of hanging with the Chargers. What they don't have is a head coach. They have a human ostrich that genuinely is afraid of game time decisions and will easily gently caress this up. Miami is a one half team. We can't be that against the San Diego Chargers.

Miami will out score San Diego in the first half and totally poo poo the bed in the second losing by 10 points. I'm basing this on mathews being out

This game will mirror the Chargers' game against the Chiefs.
It will stay close throughout. The running game will fail to establish itself.
The Chargers will have a chance to win with 3 minutes left. Instead they'll kick the field goal and tie the game.
Because the Chargers secondary is thoroughly depleted, the defense will poo poo itself and make (Miami quarterback) look like Peyton Manning.
Miami will either:
A) easily get in field goal range to win or
B) throw a touchdown on 4th and long

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Can't wait for sweet glorious pats vs Broncs

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jets are the must watch train wreck team again this week. What new depths will they plumb in their quest to commit football crimes against nature?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Ravens in Heinz field on a primetime game

That's all you need to know

rip

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Sour Diesel posted:

Ravens in Heinz field on a primetime game

That's all you need to know

rip

Of course, the Ravens have won 2 of the last 3 at Heinz Field, one of those being in prime time

but yes, the Ravens are doomed

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Broncos are going to obliterate the Patriots, like a battletank demolishing its way through some hippie tree village

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

commy gun posted:

Minnesota isn't the shitshow team most everyone here thinks, they are just at the mercy of their offense line and growing with a rookie QB. The defense is fairly strong, Green Bay blowout not withstanding, and outside of that have played most every game close.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

No idea what the Steelers are going to do; last week was the best they've played as a team in 3ish years but they've has also been inconsistent in that same time. They could easily lose to the Ravens but the Colts win + consecutive home games makes me a little optimistic. I'm not sure what exactly happened to the Steelers but I hope it continues.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

It'll be a fun game, the Ravens usually suck on the road but they've held on with each of their losses and it was dumb fundamental poo poo that would gently caress the game up.

I expect the secondary to get slaughtered by Ben but I'm really hoping the offense can produce and minimize turnovers. Torrey needs to wake up because him loving routes up has caused about 5-6 interceptions this season. Only about 3ish were Joe being a tard and lobbing one up for grabs.

CJ Mosley has gotten a lot better since the week 2 game, so at least he's always fun to watch.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
In anticipation of this Pats-Broncos game, lets relive the best regular season game ever played of all time ever.

Broncos receive, 3 and out, punt. This is the calm before the storm.
Pats march into Broncos territory before Ridley fumbles, Von Miller brings it back 60 yards for a score. Ridley benched the rest of the game.
One kickoff and one incompletion later, Von Miller strip sacks Brady. Two runs and another Broncos TD. Brady is not benched.
One kickoff and two plays later, Legarette Blount fumbles. Thanks primarily to a Chandler Jones sack, Broncos only kick a field goal. Blount benched the rest of the game.
Punt, Punt, Pats go for it on 4th and 2, fail to convert. Broncos march downfield, TD.
Punt, Punt, Punt. Trindon Holliday muffs, Pats recover, but with not enough time left. Broncos go into halftime 24-0.

Pats fans across the country commit mass seppuku. There is rioting in the streets. The lucky ones drank themselves into comas long ago. Belichick smiles wryly, and sacrifices a small child to the Lord of Darkness, His Worship Satan.

Pats proceed to score 31 unanswered points in 5 consecutive drives thanks in part to a Montee Ball fumble and a Peyton pick. Montee Ball is benched for the rest of the game, Peyton is not.
Broncos then march downfield and tie. Two punts later and we got overtime folks.

Paying homage to the great Marty Mornhingweg, Pats win the toss, but Belichick defers so they can have the wind.
Broncos punt, thank god. There is a no-call on pass interference, Brady spends the entire playclock yelling at the refs, so the Pats have to burn a timeout. Pats punt. Wooooo the Broncos have to punt. gently caress poo poo poo poo gently caress, the Pats have to punt. Ryan Allen kicks a deep one; Wes Welker, who is receiving, calls everyone off to let it bounce. Tony Carter, who is blocking for Welker, instead runs in front the ball, which bounces off his leg and is recovered by the Pats. Field goal wins it. Tony Carter is crushed into oblivion.

I expect this game to proceed exactly the same.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
at least there's little chance that cortez allen will see the field this week, which makes me a lot more hopeful for a steelers win

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Of course, the Ravens have won 2 of the last 3 at Heinz Field, one of those being in prime time

but yes, the Ravens are doomed

Win or lose Sunday I'm going to rewatch the Torrey Smith rookie year win in Pittsburgh as that is one of my favorite games all time.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

If the Bengals lose I am done pretending like I have any idea what the hell this dumb team is about

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
How would you know Ryan Tannehill and not Mike Wallace and/or Cam Wake?

I mean, I know the average person won't really know Cam Wake but people who follow football have to know who he is at this point, right?

Am I in total denial of my team being unknowns?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

How would you know Ryan Tannehill and not Mike Wallace and/or Cam Wake?

I mean, I know the average person won't really know Cam Wake but people who follow football have to know who he is at this point, right?

Am I in total denial of my team being unknowns?

I seriously can't name any of your WRs other than Wallace

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

brian hartline. lmao

Apok
Jul 22, 2005
I have a title now!

aperion posted:

Eagles-Texans: I honestly don't know who should win this one. The Texans are doing pretty all right this season so far and might just keep it up. Nick Foles isn't looking that great, but DeSean Jackson is looking loving fantastic. The Texans are going to have to keep up the pressure on Foles to win with Watt and Clowney so Jackson doesn't outrun the Texans secondary. That said, I will call this as both teams scoring more than 25 points each due to both having serious holes in their respective defenses.

Erm, DeSean Jackson plays for the Redskins. He catches passes from legendary gunslinger Colt McCoy.

Hopefully the Texans can get to the QB. We won't win if we get beat in the passing game and we won't win if we don't contain LeSean McCoy.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I only know of Hartline because of Ehud and Crazy mentioning him

otherwise...yea the only Miami players I can name are Tannehill, Wallace, Pouncey, and Lamar Miller

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I still think Jarvis Landry is going to be awesome.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Juice loving Landry.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My highly scientific read of the Bengals game Sunday:

The only thing more Bengals than going 8-0 at home and losing a home playoff game would be losing the 2 year unbeaten streak in the regular season to the Jags.

Drofnats
Oct 2, 2013

Have you accepted Jameis Christ as your Lord and Savior?

aperion posted:

Redskins-Vikings: I'm calling this one the poo poo-show of the week. It will be enjoyable, but bad all around.

I'll be excited to watch McCoy work against the single Vikings highlight. Their pass defense. He composed himself extremely well and moved the ball very efficiently towards the end of the game Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

Pats-Broncos

I was actually starting to feel sorry for the Pats until you reminded me of Belichicks child sacrifice problem.

• Locked thread