Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

StarkRavingMad posted:

They have new Disciple of Death names, but under the masks it's Argenis, Ricky Mandel, and El Mariachi Loco.

Their Disciple of Death names are Trece, Barrio Negro, and El Sinestrio de la Muerte.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Jay 2K Winger posted:

El Sinestrio de la Muerte.

Do you think the writers regretted that name after the Matt Striker Green Lantern reference barrage?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Angular Landbury posted:

Do you think the writers regretted that name after the Matt Striker Green Lantern reference barrage?

I think the writers regret a lot of things once Matt Striker started making nerd references.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I think the writers regret a lot of things once Matt Striker started making nerd references.

I knew this show was something special when Striker compared Dario to the loving Beyonder in episode 2 and all vampiro could say was "what the hell are you talking about?"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think something broke in Striker after that time William Regal strung together like 50 consecutive Smiths references when they were at the table together.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

ParanoidInc posted:

I knew this show was something special when Striker compared Dario to the loving Beyonder in episode 2 and all vampiro could say was "what the hell are you talking about?"

It's not even a reference that makes sense aside from a very loose "dude behind a situation where other dudes fight each other" theme. Striker can be great sometimes but jesus when he's bad it's cringe-worthy.

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

You aren't my Alves, Afonso Alves,
you make me sa-aad when sky's are blue,
and Georgie Best, cost fucking less,
so please take my Alves away.
is it wrong that the match I'm looking forward too most is Vampiro vs Pentagon JR?

also I wonder who is gona do colour commentary while he wrestles.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JorahTheExplorer posted:

also I wonder who is gona do colour commentary while he wrestles.

If this is anything like his later matches in WCW, ICP will step in.

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

You aren't my Alves, Afonso Alves,
you make me sa-aad when sky's are blue,
and Georgie Best, cost fucking less,
so please take my Alves away.
It's gona be CM punk.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

where can i get LU shirts? I needs them!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ptkfvk posted:

where can i get LU shirts? I needs them!

https://squareup.com/market/luchaunderground

I've posted a fresh gif-filled thread for ULTIMA LUCHA with some backstory explanation here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3733624 , please join me there for most ultima of luchaing

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

You can also buy official shirts and masks from Konnan's store.

http://www.maskedrepublic.ecwid.com

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

sticklefifer posted:

I think something broke in Striker after that time William Regal strung together like 50 consecutive Smiths references when they were at the table together.

is there a clip of this somewhere because this sounds incredible

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

abraham linksys posted:

There is (and it is!) but I didn't find it on a cursory search.

I have so many questions about what sparked it. And then it goes and goes.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

abraham linksys posted:

Here you go, it starts about a minute in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1VpfIjQ9xQ

I'm guessing Striker was in on it.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Helter Skelter posted:

Here you go, it starts about a minute in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1VpfIjQ9xQ

I'm guessing Striker was in on it.

That's awesome, and holy loving poo poo that's Catrina. Forgot she was even in WWE since I never watched the old reality show style NXT.

Less on topic but it reminds me another great moment reltaed to Regal and music from a show no one watched (skip to 22:40)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHuLxV5Eiu0

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I finally got to watch yesterday's episode. Cage vs. Mack was an amazing way to start the show. The trios match was a bit lacking compared to other matches that they have done but was pretty good for one of the wrestlers having a broken ankle. Drago vs. Hernandez was a really sloppy match but was fun enough and told a great story. That was an amazing first hour and all of the story telling and promos really makes me hope that there is a 2nd season because I am expecting a lot of cliff hangers.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I switched to Fios and no longer have El Rey, is there anywhere I can catch up, and be current when airing starts again?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dailymotion

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
If you want to trade English language commentary for better video quality you can also catch up on the Unimas website.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'd trade half the English language commentary for a dead horse butthole sandwich

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lucha Underground plans to begin filming the week of 11/14 in the Boyle Heights area of Los Angeles according to PWInsider.

I guess it will be back on TV in January then.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Just finished S1 of the show. loving loved it. Love how it broke convention of wrestling shows & went balls to the walls with the insanity. Vampiro and Pentagon was fantastic. I could do without all the beefy bitches like Chavo, Texano & so many vanilla flyers (Drago, Fenix, blah blah), but overall, absolutely loved it. Here's a question though, a very specific one. In the final scenes with all the people leaving, Pentagon and Vampiro exchange 2 sentences. Pentagon's is subtitled so I understood what he said, I can't hear what Vampiro says though. What was it? Was it deliberately vague? Cheers.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

The current thread would probably be a better place to ask.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The current thread will contain spoilers innit but thanks. I may use it and tread carefully.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

"Someplace very dark"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Claro

• Locked thread