Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

EasyEW posted:

I just wish it was in Time Warner Cable's El Rey VOD section at this point. It'd be a start, anyway.

It's in the Comcast On Demand section, but only in HD. loving bogus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

EasyEW posted:

I just wish it was in Time Warner Cable's El Rey VOD section at this point. It'd be a start, anyway.

It's on my El Rey on Demand, and I have Time Warner. Dunno what's up with your branch. Maybe El Rey considers Cleveland, Ohio a major wrestling outlet for some reason?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Great White Hope posted:

It's on my El Rey on Demand, and I have Time Warner. Dunno what's up with your branch. Maybe El Rey considers Cleveland, Ohio a major wrestling outlet for some reason?

Cleveland has a robust indie scene and THE MIZ

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

Cleveland has a robust indie scene and THE MIZ

And yet we're the only part of Ohio that doesn't get ROH on TV. :(

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I went to a local indie at Lorain County Community College once and watched a dude used barbed wire in front of about 50 people. So Cleveland is basically the hottest territory in the US.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I nearly forgot, but another episode tonight. It's gonna take a while before I get used to watching this on Wednesdays. Also, there is a replay of the first episode on before incase you missed it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I went to a local indie at Lorain County Community College once and watched a dude used barbed wire in front of about 50 people. So Cleveland is basically the hottest territory in the US.

I mean they did give us Johnny Gargano, it ain't all bleedin' for dollars

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
This is on now.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

This show should go further with the vignettes and just become WMAC Masters

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Big Zeke Ryck ain't got no cuts. He big, he strong, but he ain't got no cuts.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

who the hell are these jobbers

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"it's almost like dario cueto is the beyonder from secret wars"

matt striker ladies and gentlemen

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Super fun tag match, even with the nobodies

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I just realized that ADR coming in next year means we're never going to see Mistico in Lucha Underground

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Daniel Bryan posted:

Super fun tag match, even with the nobodies

The stereo 450s were awesome.

Also, Matt Striker is a dork.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

I just realized that ADR coming in next year means we're never going to see Mistico in Lucha Underground

i'm not sure why those two things are related

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Who is Mil Muertes?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Who is Mil Muertes?

Mesías. He's been a big name for AAA in the past, was the Kane to Abyss's Undertaker in TNA, and was basically this exact character in WSX

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I like the use of intergender matches. It's a pretty good gimmick to separate LU from the other shows.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

oatgan posted:

i'm not sure why those two things are related

ADR loving hates Mistico, and vice versa, so it's likely that unless they're offering enough money for them to get over it, they might not want to work at the same place with each other.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Everyone clamoring for the return of Maxine can now be happy.

Also, I know that things are more relaxed in Mexico these days, but are they cool with Ricochet wrestling under a hood and unmasked simultaneously? Is it cool as long as the character is not technically unmasked?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

ADR loving hates Mistico, and vice versa, so it's likely that unless they're offering enough money for them to get over it, they might not want to work at the same place with each other.

This actually isn't true at all, though. I agree Mistico will probably never appear on Lucha Underground but only because he's too big of a diva to do something he thinks is beneath him.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

oatgan posted:

This actually isn't true at all, though.

Isn't it? I've heard it hear a ton of times, and there's all those times ADR tried to rip off his mask when he was Sin Cara.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

Isn't it? I've heard it hear a ton of times, and there's all those times ADR tried to rip off his mask when he was Sin Cara.

Everyone cites a report that one of Mistico's entourage pulled a gun on Del Rio in the locker room back in AAA and the fact that they worked snug in the ring against each other. Meltz reported ADR was basically the only person in the locker room who DIDNT hate Mistico and tried very hard to get him to fit in but he was too much of a diva. As for mask ripping and working snug, that's lucha dawg. They bump soft in the ring but still drill each other with kicks and chops

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

also how is this the main event after last week

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Mesias seems to have eaten 1000 pastries.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
chavo is a poo poo

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
chavo is a real piece of poo poo

get loving bent

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Was the crowd chanting "Eeeeeeel puto" at Chavo? I really hope so.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Two episodes in and we got a heel turn. A foreshadowed one, but still.

Overall good ep, tag matches were hot and the main event was meh.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I keep waiting for Matt Striker to gently caress up and call Chavo Eddie.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Well, he did say that Chavo Sr. "gave birth to" Chavo Jr. tonight. It's just the waiting game.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Well, he did say that Chavo Sr. "gave birth to" Chavo Jr. tonight. It's just the waiting game.

This was actually 100% accurate. The Guerrero's are a weird family, ok?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Took two episodes for me to realise that "Havoc" is a synonym for "Anarchy."

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i thought this was a big improvement over the first show. it seemed like they cooled it with the camera angle changes a bit, although it's still annoying. there were either a good amount more people there or they shot it and miced it such that it came off that way. the whole telenovela element doesn't really jive with what i want wrestling to be but for what it is it's very well done, far better than WWE's invisible backstage camera crap. the promotional video packages are better than anything that's come out of any non-UFC company in years. the spot-heavy indie wrestling style isn't something i'm a fan of but whatever reason it works a lot better for me in a well produced environment like this than in ROH or PWG. probably a case of style over substance i guess but it's enough to keep me watching for now. i'm interested to see how well they pull the serial aspect off because to me a big part of wrestling is having your smaller shows build up to one major show.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 6, 2014

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any chance the show could end up on either the main Univision network or Univision Deportes? Both have much higher viewership than El Rey Network and are owned by the same parent company as El Rey.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
they're already on UniMás

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Liar Lyre posted:

I like the use of intergender matches. It's a pretty good gimmick to separate LU from the other shows.

It was pretty funny how quickly Striker went from "It's 2014! Women are equal to men!" to "Son of Havoc needed to cheat to beat a WOMAN! How despicable!"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I again enjoyed the show. It's just a fun, unique packaging with enough good wrestling to work. They're slowly introducing characters and stories and it looks good. It works. I still hate Matt Striker.

I'm not much of a fan of Ezekiel Jackson but the Big Ryck character is such a natural fit that I'm willing to give it a chance. He just fits that Suge Knight image so perfectly.

And I'm actually interested in the Mundo/Puma/Konnan story and where they go with it.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Took two episodes for me to realise that "Havoc" is a synonym for "Anarchy."

I picked up on that last week but it's funny because the announcers still take the whole "Son of" thing literally.

Then I laughed when Ivelisse showed up by his side considering she also did a program with the Aces and Eights. Apparently she's the go to women's wrestler of SOA rip offs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I want Havoc to show up and be very disappointed with his son.

• Locked thread