Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Angular Landbury posted:

The only thing I didn't like about Striker on this was that he was giving a very very basic delivery of play by play which seemed oriented towards people who were watching wrestling for the very first time and didn't know the rules or how the whole thing actually works.

Which I assume is definitely the case.

Striker is also a know-it-all dork who spends too much trying to put himself over for being clever, which is a trap that most modern commentators fall into because they all loved Bobby Heenan, who was actually good at that style of commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Angular Landbury posted:

The only thing I didn't like about Striker on this was that he was giving a very very basic delivery of play by play which seemed oriented towards people who were watching wrestling for the very first time and didn't know the rules or how the whole thing actually works.

Which I assume is definitely the case.

I mean if you're trying to attract a new casual audience of Latinos who may not watch lucha libre with your slick production values and telenovela styling instead of the diehard internet fans you probably want to do that.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I mean if you're trying to attract a new casual audience of Latinos who may not watch lucha libre with your slick production values and telenovela styling instead of the diehard internet fans you probably want to do that.

Right, which as I said I assume to be the case.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
2 minutes.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Konnan looks like a big baby with sunglasses

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

Konnan looks like a big baby with sunglasses

he's regular-sized Joe C

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Fun match, here. Hope we got Mundo and Puma having matches tonight.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Just tuned in, I thought El Torito was Mascarita Sagrada?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Thauros posted:

Dorada

Sagrada is awesome.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

nah he was Mascarita Dorada. Sagrada is basically a legend. He's like 50 years old.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Chavo just did a good interview. What.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I really like how they don't cut during a match. WWE should start taking notes.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Man, the camerawork on this show is so drat good.

Chavo is hosed.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

what the gently caress is this backstory

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Prince Puma!!

Wrestle a match please.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I have no idea who these guys are. Should I be excited?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

I have no idea who these guys are. Should I be excited?

These are all AAA guys so get ready for flips. Pentagon Jr and Fenix are awesome, Drago is a little older but can still go.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Nov 13, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
THIS IS SO GOOD

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i love spots

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
That was hype

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Unless I severely misheard him I'm pretty sure Matt Striker said that Fenix fell 453 feet.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
this show continues to improve every week

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
D-...Did I just see Mascarita Sagrada come out to the Nathan For You theme?

I also love how for live promos Dario's office door is right next to the ring but for backstage vignettes it leads out into the obligatory dirty hallway.

That Fenix tornillo was loving gorgeous. Great main event.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Nov 13, 2014

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Main event was awesome. Reverse ranas are still the most brutal looking move.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah that episode was great. The backstage segments and hype packages are starting to lose a bit of their novelty value but are still more enjoyable than what anyone else is putting out there in those categories.

Main event was very good and the opener was a fun showcase for Mascarita Sagrada.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This show owns. But good lord Mesias got puffy.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Man, can we have a LU night on psp.tv? I liked the first episode that was shown on there and I don't get El Rey. And I'd rather watch this than TNA.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

This, though in my case it's because I can't watch the show due to my schedule, and I prefer watching wrestling with other people anyway.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
This is currently the leading candidate for weekly TV show of the year for me.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I like how everyone in this show has a Mortal Kombat style backstory, and the wrestlers all come in because of that story. "This guy is from the best lucha family in Mexico" "This guy became a wrestler due to a series of deaths in an accident"

I like the goof. Goof is good.

Another Person fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 13, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Another Person posted:

I like how everyone in this show has a Mortal Kombat style backstory, and the wrestlers all come in because of that story. "This guy is from the best lucha family in Mexico" "This guy became a wrestler due to a series of deaths in an accident"

From the beginning I've liked that they portray Dario like a kind of lucha Shang Tsung. It's just cartoony enough without being ridiculous.

Definitely one of the best hours of wrestling going today.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

From the beginning I've liked that they portray Dario like a kind of lucha Shang Tsung. It's just cartoony enough without being ridiculous.

Yeah, it is serious enough and in character enough to not be taken seriously at all, and that is the best selling point for it. It is really fun to watch, I even like the weird telenovella bits.

Gotta wonder how long they can knock it out the park with these main events though. Every single one of them has been solid. I hope they keep it up. This show is one of my must watches now.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

flashy_mcflash posted:

Do you mean Shao Khan? Wrestling already has a Shang Tsubg and his name is Damien Sandow.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Do you mean Shao Khan? Wrestling already has a Shang Tsubg and his name is Damien Sandow.

Dario actually should find someone that can mimic other wrestlers styles (not in a Eugene or Santino jokey way) and use him as his Randy Orton.

Also Dario should start wearing a skull helmet and a loincloth

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I just watched the most recent episode and the thing is quite fun! Plus, it's only an hour. I can spare an hour for telenovella plots followed by someone hopping on the top rope before doing a super-convoluted armdrag. Fenix just became my favorite.

Are superkicks a Lucha thing tho? Or did they just channel the Young Bucks' spirit for half of that main event?

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Just managed to watch the Oct 29 show and wow, excellent stuff. This owns. Shame I don't have the El Rey network (I think?).

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Triple threat match from last night on YouTube, legit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ugpgyh5fIo&feature=youtu.be

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Dias posted:

I just watched the most recent episode and the thing is quite fun! Plus, it's only an hour. I can spare an hour for telenovella plots followed by someone hopping on the top rope before doing a super-convoluted armdrag. Fenix just became my favorite.

Are superkicks a Lucha thing tho? Or did they just channel the Young Bucks' spirit for half of that main event?

AAA cruiserweights are extremely US indie influenced

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
The three way's great of course but I enjoyed the gently caress out of the Mil Muertes squash. Between the preceding segment, the look, the ridiculous backstory and him absolutely killing the jobber (who gave a Slaterian performance selling and bumping around) they did a good job of making Muertes come as intimidating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Only caught the main event (it's up in it's entirety on Youtube), but I enjoyed it. Wouldn't have felt out of place on a PWG show.

• Locked thread