Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Adam yells to/at Drew about the local government in California, commercial break for drapes, Drew frets about the government having too much power, commercial break for lootcrate, Adam yells at drew about his wife, drew tries to defend Lynette and then brings up his prostate, Adam berates drew about that time he hung doors the day after his hernia surgery even though it floored drew for a week, Adam begs for money and then they talk to two or three groomed callers that throw softballs for fifteen minutes. Three commercials of wildly varying mastering lead you out. That's the podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

WEH posted:

Adam yells to/at Drew about the local government in California, commercial break for drapes, Drew frets about the government having too much power, commercial break for lootcrate, Adam yells at drew about his wife, drew tries to defend Lynette and then brings up his prostate, Adam berates drew about that time he hung doors the day after his hernia surgery even though it floored drew for a week, Adam begs for money and then they talk to two or three groomed callers that throw softballs for fifteen minutes. Three commercials of wildly varying mastering lead you out. That's the podcast.

Fair.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Loveline was great, but Adam Carolla gets tiring real quick without the stream of callers to provide fresh material.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I have like 20 gigs of old loveline episodes saved and tried to re-listen to a few and it was terrible. It was so much better as a kid before coming socially aware. :(

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Uncle Wemus posted:

I remember when Adam caught a Tarantula and asked people to call in and tell him what to feed it and he got mad when people told him he couldn't feed it leftovers from his fridge

That was hilarious. Two days of him getting advice on how to care for a tarantula in a bucket, and then the third day he opens the show with "Well, the spider died."

Dianetics
Jun 6, 2014
Why are people down on Drew in this thread? I haven't listened to the show for a long time.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Dianetics posted:

Why are people down on Drew in this thread? I haven't listened to the show for a long time.

It seems to happen when loveline comes up in GBS and I don't really get it either. Aside from his making bad excuses for Dr. Oz. I've always seen Dr. Drew as a stellar role model in empathy at the least.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I like how he spent a whole segment talking about his tax returns and all the years his income was basically 0 and now he's the epitome of gently caress You, Got Mine.

Loveline was pretty funny though. Carolla is an idiot and Dr. Drew has a doctorate but somehow actually believes that ecstasy puts holes in your brain but they are still smarter than the white trash that call into the show.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

women these days don't know anything about WWII aircraft!

*makes honking noises like oswald cobblepot*

:laffo:

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Dianetics posted:

he's a bleating libertarian idiot when he's not giving out medical advice, and even then half the time he manages to work in a rant about the evils of single-payer healthcare. also he gave his daughter an eating disorder

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Cyberball 2072 posted:

It seems to happen when loveline comes up in GBS and I don't really get it either. Aside from his making bad excuses for Dr. Oz. I've always seen Dr. Drew as a stellar role model in empathy at the least.

Making excuses for Dr. Oz should be bad enough but he is also an unabashed media whore. I bought one of his books about celebrity narcissism some years ago and it was one of the shittiest things I've ever read, it might as well have been called "Celebrity Concern Trolling."

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Since someone mentioned him; what the hell happened to Norm Macdonald again?

He was supposed to be like the next Seinfeld or something then years later I realize I haven't really hard word one about the guy ever again

I figured he just decided to gently caress off and enjoy his money

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fabricated posted:

He was supposed to be like the next Seinfeld or something then years later I realize I haven't really hard word one about the guy ever again

The funniest thing anyone can come up with about him is that he called somebody's movie "box office poison" when he was a guest on Conan 20 years ago. That should tell you all you need to know.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I have like 20 gigs of old loveline episodes saved and tried to re-listen to a few and it was terrible. It was so much better as a kid before coming socially aware. :(

same but with Opie and Anthony

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Fabricated posted:

People keep offering him work and when he accepts they can't tell if he's being sincere or if he's making fun of them.

Also, pretty sure he is permabroke. Dude's a gambling addict and celebrity divorcee.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Fabricated posted:

he's on mike tyson mysteries

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

WEH posted:

also he gave his daughter an eating disorder

Wait I missed this one

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

Gaunab posted:

he's on mike tyson mysteries

as a pigeon

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

raditts posted:

The funniest thing anyone can come up with about him is that he called somebody's movie "box office poison" when he was a guest on Conan 20 years ago. That should tell you all you need to know.

his podcast is loving genius, you knucklehead

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

...of SCIENCE! posted:

-is somehow the worst person to have hosted the man show despite competing with a guy who thinks that taking DMT lets him talk to aliens-

I think Doug Stanhope is worse. Of course, Doug Stanhope is retarded so you have to give him a break.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Arian_Samurai posted:

I think Doug Stanhope is worse. Of course, Doug Stanhope is retarded so you have to give him a break.

Doug Stanhope is funny though and doesn't think his substance abuse gives him magic clairvoyance like Rogan does

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I didn't realize that Too Late with Adam Carolla had a studio audience present

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

hemophilia posted:

Joe Rogan, who in general thinks he is way, way smarter than he is.

He did some stuff for a really terrible 'documentary' called DMT: The Spirit Molecule which is on netflix if you want to stupefy your brain with poo poo that only sort of makes sense if you've ever taken hallucinogens.

machine elves in the plastic ficus tree always eatin and drinkin in my crib

• Locked thread