Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
If you aren't a fan of the books or even if you are but can get past the fact that Cruise looks nothing like Reacher, you'll enjoy this movie. Tom Cruise has proven that he knows how to make really entertaining action blockbusters, I don't think that's really debatable at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
The problem is that this is a Tom Cruise project from beginning to end, so the movie wouldn't even exist without his involvement. He chooses which scripts he will make then gets them greenlit with his name attached.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Awesome Andy posted:

The scene where he gets the lawyer all flustered with his hot body was hilarious because of his weird lopsided pecs and grandpa body.

I think those kind of scenes worked(and are hilarious) because of the meta quality they have. There's no real reason why every woman Reacher meets should be immediately and uncontrollably attracted to him, but because its Tom Cruise it makes sense. Like, if your girlfriend has a crush on Tom Cruise it doesn't matter how many times you tell her that he's over 50 and doesn't look that great anymore. Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise and will always be Tom Cruise.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wandle Cax posted:

Excuse me???

He looks great for his age obviously, but he's not the same guy he was 10-12 years ago. But yea, "not that great" is probably an exaggeration. He's still better looking than 99.99% of the population.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lofty132 posted:

I always thought Dominic Purcell would've made a perfect Reacher.

Did you see the guy try to play Dracula? Dominic Purcell on my screen works amazingly well as a sleep aid.

• Locked thread