Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does the the man using a Leafblower outside the office distract you from coding?
I dont care about the people using leafblowers outside the office where I do my programming, I tune out the sound and it doesnt bug me.
It bad and loud sound of leafblowers being used has some effects on my coding, I make small typos, sometimes confuse variables. Bothersome but I get some good work done.
The sound of the leafblower being used to rearrange autumn leaves outside affects my programming at its core. Because of this noise I lose direction in my coding and the right code fails to come to me.
View Results

• Locked thread
Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Does the the man using a leaf blower outside the office distract you from coding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

It does, but I don't do programming, so I'm not sure how to slot myself into your poll, OP.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it's spring time skylark, it's time to mow the lawns and lawnmowers sure are noisy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Public address speakers hidden in the light poles play smooth jazz at a medium volume outside our front door. No leaf blowers here, OP.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

it's spring time skylark, it's time to mow the lawns and lawnmowers sure are noisy

Its literally the opposite.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i listen to spotify radio which is definitely poo poo and not worth whatever i pay for it

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i dont do any coding op

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i have no windows. in fact i was moved to the closet about 4 years ago and no one ever asks of me

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
i use the bose quietcomfort headphones, op, and i recommend them heartily if you are have a noisy work environment

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

pram posted:

i listen to spotify radio which is definitely poo poo and not worth whatever i pay for it

nope i threw that poo poo away

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
i voted option 3, and i woudl liek to note that there has been extensive construction works around my building for quite some time, such that the correct code has not come to me for quirte some time also

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i never understood leaf blowers

they're leaves, there's no harm in leaving them where they are unless they're in big piles where cars go

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

doesnt stop me posting though op

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
spotify is piss garbage for idiots and if u pay for it i hope you enjoy searching for king crimson and staring at a landing page for a lovely cover band

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
although spotify is fantastic if you want to listen to the same 45 songs in a playlist on repeat. just like the radio thats like, free, man.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

nigga crab pollock posted:

spotify is piss garbage for idiots and if u pay for it i hope you enjoy searching for king crimson and staring at a landing page for a lovely cover band

I do.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

flakeloaf posted:

i never understood leaf blowers

they're leaves, there's no harm in leaving them where they are unless they're in big piles where cars go

Qft

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

So many leaf blowers in Times Square ...

I hear cops and police horses all the time, that's pretty cool. Occasionally there is a roar of teenagers outside MTV.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MrMoo posted:

So many leaf blowers in Times Square ...

I hear cops and police horses all the time, that's pretty cool. Occasionally there is a roar of teenagers outside MTV.

are you the hobo dressed as micky mouse or the hobo dressed as elmo?

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

The Naked Cowboy of course!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
there's something wrong with your poll, op

i can't pick all the options. when i select one it's ok, then i select another and the first option unselects

please fix

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
i rake up all the leaves and then put them in my compost pile

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

more like lmfaoblowers

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

hippy

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

what if instea dof vacuuming in your house you just blew the dust around with a leaflblower

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bobbilljim posted:

what if instea dof vacuuming in your house you just blew the dust around with a leaflblower

what if instead of blowing your leafs around out side you vacuumed them up :weed:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i swear to god there's a mexican grandma in our trailer park that cuts her grass with a large pair of kitchen shears. its awesome

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

no, op. it does not.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

i trust this data is enlightening.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
but what does each option say about my personality op

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

rot in hell, wonderbread.

god what the gently caress is wrong with the south pole

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
gas powered leaf blowers have been banned from residential areas in the city of palo alto since 2005. unfortunately, the ordinance is routinely ignored by the landscapers who must make sure every last leaf is gone from the yuppie's driveway lest his tesla run over one and explode

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

that must be a real drag, JewKiller 3k

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

that must be a real drag, JewKiller 3k

perhaps, it blows? :xd:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

replace the coworker with a leafblower and you have my life

why can't peons understand the importance and difficulty of our work?

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

rot in hell, wonderbread.

Condiv posted:

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana
the constant sound of a leafblower in the background is loving distracting

luckily i work w/ headphones on so i just turn my ambient startrek engine noise up a notch

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Condiv posted:

this isn't why i got a job in denver, but it's why i quit motorola in arkansas

they were loving terrible at this and my boss never understood the concept of task switching overhead even after i had a 20 minute one on one meeting with him begging him to divert the 10 by-the-way cube bombs i got daily

if you want me to get six dimensions deep in a perl hash you better let me have a few hours to get in and out, trust

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
posting cause my landlords sent a leaf blower crew around at 8 am. idk about coding but it distracts me from sleeping p good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snu4R4TwitA

• Locked thread