Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeesh, weekly dosage of Lalas/Donovan/Strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I hope I get that channel!

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

joshtothemaxx posted:

Landon Donovan has always been embarrassingly bad on TV.

I know ESPN started getting talent coaches or something for their former athletes. I hope FOX gets one for Landon too, because, yeah, he's been pretty awful.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Yeesh, weekly dosage of Lalas/Donovan/Strong

Strong is pretty solid, and Lalas isn't bad when he isn't disappearing up his own rear end.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Just when I thought nothing could be worse than Taylor Twellman, they bring in Alexi Lalas to call games. gently caress.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I think Lalas is kind of funny :shrug:

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Hello Towel posted:

I think Lalas is kind of funny :shrug:

If they could have brought Ballack in to join Lalas it would be great. They cannot stand each other.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

tk posted:

I know ESPN started getting talent coaches or something for their former athletes. I hope FOX gets one for Landon too, because, yeah, he's been pretty awful.

I think Landon's going to be fine. In the past, I feel he was trying to pull a Marshawn Lynch and didn't want to talk to the media. The guy is pretty sharp and quick with wit when he doesn't have to censor his answers about things. I have a feeling he's going to be burning fools left and right once he gets comfortable.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I think Landon's going to be fine. In the past, I feel he was trying to pull a Marshawn Lynch and didn't want to talk to the media. The guy is pretty sharp and quick with wit when he doesn't have to censor his answers about things. I have a feeling he's going to be burning fools left and right once he gets comfortable.

Never thought I'd see a Landon Donovan to Marshawn Lynch comparison.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

DR AIDS posted:

Never thought I'd see a Landon Donovan to Marshawn Lynch comparison.

Anti-social star players who hate dealing with the press? With every reporter just waiting for one of them to say something negative to fire off that 5 page hit-piece they've had saved to their hard drive for the past couple years?

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Cool, I think I'm going to rock my season 2 kit with the BMO logo mostly peeled off. Say hi, but if you ask me about stairs I'm gonna tell Dempsey you touched me in the bathroom.

My gf knows him as the guy that took off his pants and walked around the bar in his boxers after the rained-out game against Vancouver, the Duke is a special place

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like Lalas.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Lalas is cool with me, but maybe that's because the portland broadcast team is really really bad

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
HEY HO LET'S GO http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3704623
(leaving this open for a spell for everyone to collect links and whatnot; unfortunately I cannot reopen the main thread from last season)

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

My gf knows him as the guy that took off his pants and walked around the bar in his boxers after the rained-out game against Vancouver, the Duke is a special place

True story: I asked my wife out for the first time there. <3 the Duke.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I don't mind Lalas really. Donovan, though, we've heard before, and he is a gently caress-awful commentator.

Am I misremembering, or is the the one we heard the other day explicitly calling for simulation as a tactic?

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I think that was Howard actually.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hoover Dam posted:

HEY HO LET'S GO http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3704623
(leaving this open for a spell for everyone to collect links and whatnot; unfortunately I cannot reopen the main thread from last season)

something you need from there?

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Gigi Galli posted:

something you need from there?

Me, no, but if people want to collect their team previews and running jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

John Strong is the best thing to come out of the Timbers academy.

• Locked thread