Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

one of the best lf threads ever was the irish eu constitution thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

spudsbuckley posted:

As an Irish guy sitting at a computer in the southeast of Ireland right now i can confirm that most Irish people are loving morons.

Guess we have nice trees and poo poo but the people in general are borderline retarded because we live in a ridiculous welfare state that makes a huge chunk of our citizens unthinking buffoons because consequences are something that happen to other people.

:lol: if you don't live in Dublin
:laffo: if you don't even live in a county bordering Dublin

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

A. Beaverhausen posted:

What ethnic heritage do you wrap yourself in?

I don't because culturally it has had zero impact on my life, same as the people I was anecdotally criticizing
Hurling is cool and good, you should watch it

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

spudsbuckley posted:

As an Irish guy sitting at a computer in the southeast of Ireland right now i can confirm that most Irish people are loving morons.

Guess we have nice trees and poo poo but the people in general are borderline retarded because we live in a ridiculous welfare state that makes a huge chunk of our citizens unthinking buffoons because consequences are something that happen to other people.

our sturdy children have grown soft suckling on the teat of government handouts, they can no longer romp freely without the state tackling them and stuffing money in their pockets. When will you, oh Irishman, awaken and seize your destiny? Live frugally and devote your life to things of the spirit, not to the ways of moloch.

now excuse me, I'm off to see my local TD cause a black fellow moved in down the way and I'm pretty sure that's against the law.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
Ulysses. :dealwithit:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I have a cousin named Mick because his parents were so proud of their irish heritage. Not Micheal, just Mick. I guess they were trying to take the word back.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
Potato's own.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Swan Curry posted:

:lol: if you don't live in Dublin
:laffo: if you don't even live in a county bordering Dublin

lmao at people who actually want to live in that sewer of a capital, which tries to be like London but with a non-existent transport system

West Brits with no money and no sense

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

School Nickname posted:

lmao at people who actually want to live in that sewer of a capital, which tries to be like London but with a non-existent transport system

West Brits with no money and no sense

There's nothing wrong with Dublin. It's a beautiful city and the people are super nice.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Ulysses sucked there I said it. Way to go, Joyce, you can speak 6 languages and can't cobble together a normal sentence in any combination of them

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I like how brits are legit racis against irish but they try to disguise it as humor. "loving DIRTY GINGER! LOL! JUS KIDDIN! :haw:"

I didn't even hear "ginger" till I was like 20 and was pretty impressed that all brits could be hateful simply because of someone's hair color but given their history it makes sense i suppose~

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

kustomkarkommando posted:

now excuse me, I'm off to see my local TD cause a black fellow moved in down the way and I'm pretty sure that's against the law.

"Whoever fixes my footpath will get my vote for the rest of my life" - A honest-to-god Irish voter who was quoted in the newspaper of record.

Imagine what a F-35's worth of money would get you in votes if your voters were like ours.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

im glad we have moved past the idea that literature should be insanely difficult so as to keep the lumpens out

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Nathilus posted:

I like how brits are legit racis against irish but they try to disguise it as humor. "loving DIRTY GINGER! LOL! JUS KIDDIN! :haw:"

I didn't even hear "ginger" till I was like 20 and was pretty impressed that all brits could be hateful simply because of someone's hair color but given their history it makes sense i suppose~

The brits being smug about voting is irony x 1000000

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

There's nothing wrong with Dublin. It's a beautiful city and the people are super nice.

but how the gently caress do I get into and out of the place

the city centre one-way lanes keep directing you back to the city centre and bottlenecks coupled with overreliance on cars makes commutating from satellite towns real fun

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

hey guys is dismantling the entire railway system and handing the local authorities source of roadstone to a monopoly gonna have any transport implications? my friends want the money

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

mookface posted:

The Irish are the most heavily persecuted race in the history of mankind

Irish Joe posted:

This is pretty much why I laugh at black people who complain about racism. We Irish had it much worse a hundred years ago.

The whiniest white people on earth.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
"mommy, why are the irish so ugly?"

"because they really like incest just like the rest of britain my child. the british isles are origin of whitey."

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Whenever someone anyway famous comes along the media and the rest of the country tries to find "The Irish Connection" to the point where we're kneeling and feebly grasping at the figurative/literal robe the celebrity is wearing.

For Obama we literally built a motorway service area in a village which had barely had 300 people living in it to commemorate his having a lovely pint in its local pub.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

School Nickname posted:

Whenever someone anyway famous comes along the media and the rest of the country tries to find "The Irish Connection" to the point where we're kneeling and feebly grasping at the figurative/literal robe the celebrity is wearing.

For Obama we literally built a motorway service area in a village which had barely had 300 people living in it to commemorate his having a lovely pint in its local pub.

i liked when cowen handed him the commemorative plant thing and obama was like "thanks ive always wanted a... moss bowl"

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Ireland, an island of white trash

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

You can explain Ireland if you consider it to be a post-colonial country that has been forced to appear respectable because of its proximity to other Western Nations.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
if u have ever seen that horror movie isolation all of ireland is just that, all the time

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Spending time in Ireland is the best thing I've ever done. No where near as dreary as England was.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
Red headed ladies of the night live up to thei stereo type though, come from poor families, have little to no education, can drink me under the table.

1 out of 3 aint bad

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Spending time in Ireland is the best thing I've ever done. No where near as dreary as England was.

I place so wonderful they used in to film Game of Thrones

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!

Yaldabaoth posted:

That's another thing that bugs me about Anglo-Saxons, why do they automatically assume that if your religion has a central figurehead you must be worshiping him instead of the actual deity he speaks for? They did the same thing when they referred to muslims as Mohammedans
aren't they though? they worship mohammed and that's allah there is to it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if you're proud of a heritage where you weren't really disadvantaged, you're kind of a dick. and if you're proud of a heritage where your people WERE disadvantaged, it all just devolves into "these people deal with poverty and famine like this, those people deal with poverty and famine like thiiiiiis"

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Jonny 290 posted:

if you're proud of a heritage where you weren't really disadvantaged, you're kind of a dick. and if you're proud of a heritage where your people WERE disadvantaged, it all just devolves into "these people deal with poverty and famine like this, those people deal with poverty and famine like thiiiiiis"

"it's their fault they are poor"

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Jonny 290 posted:

if you're proud of a heritage where you weren't really disadvantaged, you're kind of a dick.

What?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Fargo Fukes posted:

They dug a bunch of canals and then blew them all up again. Go figure.

waiot what

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Tsinava posted:

"mommy, why are the irish so ugly?"

"because they really like incest just like the rest of britain my child. the british isles are origin of whitey."

Imagine being born white like "yesssss" except then you realize it's "british white" and it's just all :negative:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
my dad immigrated here from portugal and i carry on our nations grand tradition of being lazy ineffectual idiots

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
fun fact #1: When charity boxes first appeared in Ireland,they were called "money for the black babies"

fun fact #2: One night when my mother was young,the parish priest came to her house and told my grandfather that if anyone asked,he was in the pub with him all night.I sometimes wonder what the priest did that night.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Swan Curry posted:

I sometimes wonder what the priest did that night.

He raped and murdered a small child.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

my dad immigrated here from portugal and i carry on our nations grand tradition of being lazy ineffectual idiots

Portuguese are literal peasants

still.... must be pretty fun to go over to brazil and beg for work

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Tsinava posted:

He raped and murdered a small child.

and the nuns buried it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

reminder irish nationalists were the least pragmatic faction in the history of ireland and were on the verge of destruction but then england went and elected liberals lol

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
lol at Britain losing control of an island basically 10 feet away from it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

i'm sad that the Scotland independence vote failed

• Locked thread