Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

John Noble should just be in every show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
This is right up there with if they cast Charles Dance. Very good news!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sober posted:

Finally he can just use a British accent.

Which would be good if he weren't Australian.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Wow my Fringe/Elementary fanfic is one step closer to a reality!

But in all seriousness, this is amazing news.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Maybe his character will turn out to be Australian.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
G'dday Sherlock,

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

johntfs posted:

Maybe his character will turn out to be Australian.

That's why hes so evil!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Sober posted:

Finally he can just use a British accent.

John Noble is Australian. Presumably he'd adopt a similar accent to Sherlock on the show.

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012

GreenNight posted:

John Noble joins the show as series regular playing Sherlocks father

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/john-noble-joins-elementary-as-799902

Oh gently caress yes.

Regy Rusty posted:

John Noble should just be in every show

This thing, it is a true thing.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Jedit posted:

Which would be good if he weren't Australian.

Man gently caress me I'm stupid.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Oh man, this is fantastic! This show basically now has almost all my favourite people on it.

They just need to get to work on that Person of Interest crossover and that's it, TV will never be better again.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Ah, 23 new posts on the Elementary thread, hope there's no bad news about it...

GreenNight posted:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/john-noble-joins-elementary-as-799902

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

GreenNight posted:

They're gonna make LSD, aren"t they?

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Or they'll go a little more Sleepy Hollow and he'll turn out to be an actual Lovecraftian horror.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
When Sherlock beat Oscar down and grabbed the box I thought he was going to drag Oscar into the tunnel and shoot all the H into him to kill him and we'd have a Sherlock the murderer arc next season. I really hope the writers don't ignore this after 2 episodes next season.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Oroborus posted:

When Sherlock beat Oscar down and grabbed the box I thought he was going to drag Oscar into the tunnel and shoot all the H into him to kill him and we'd have a Sherlock the murderer arc next season. I really hope the writers don't ignore this after 2 episodes next season.

The writers have shown to be pretty good at not forgetting big plot points.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
John Noble deserved a lot better than Sleepy Hollow season 2, so this is excellent news.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Tortolia posted:

John Noble deserved a lot better than Sleepy Hollow season 2, so this is excellent news.

A rotting squirrel carcass soaking in dumpster water deserved better than Sleepy Hollow season 2.

John Noble rules, Fringe ruled, Elementary is the only procedural I like. so this is cool news.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

:3:

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

GreenNight posted:

I am really looking forward to seeing where they take this. In a few of the episodes wasn't it implied that father holmes abused sherlock when he was growing?

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Oroborus posted:

I am really looking forward to seeing where they take this. In a few of the episodes wasn't it implied that father holmes abused sherlock when he was growing?

I always took it that the abuse was more emotional neglect than anything else. Roger Rees' character showed up in Season One as Holmes' way and hammering home to Joan that "Dad won't show."

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

johntfs posted:

I always took it that the abuse was more emotional neglect than anything else. Roger Rees' character showed up in Season One as Holmes' way and hammering home to Joan that "Dad won't show."

I've been rewatching some episodes lately and there was one where I think a kid was sexually abused and you see Sherlock at the end emotional and beating the hell out of a punching bag. That is why I thought maybe something darker.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oroborus posted:

I've been rewatching some episodes lately and there was one where I think a kid was sexually abused and you see Sherlock at the end emotional and beating the hell out of a punching bag. That is why I thought maybe something darker.

From the way Sherlock describes it, I'm thinking the dad is more of the money is everything neglectful bad dad as opposed to an abuser. I seem to remember Sherlock being at a boarding school for most of his childhood so while that doesn't rule out anything it probably wasn't at the hands of his absent father.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I've been rewatching the show with someone who has somehow remained spoiler-free and we're about to launch into The Woman/Heroine. This is going to be so amazing. :allears:

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Speaking of the woman is there any news if Natalie Dormer is going to appear next season?

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Oroborus posted:

Speaking of the woman is there any news if Natalie Dormer is going to appear next season?

I don't know of any specific news one way or another. That said, she'll almost certainly show up in some form or another. Her "appearance" as a voceover reading her letter in episode 14 was still very effective. I think in many ways Natalie Dormer's lack of availability has worked in the show's favor by removing the temptation to overuse Moriarty - a temptation to which Sherlock clearly succumbed.

Basket of Kittens
Feb 22, 2008

Across the Rio Grande
Bumping a dead thread to ask, where can I watch this? I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, on demand. Doesn't pop up anywhere. Last saw the episode with the guy flash frozen I think, probably half a season ago

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't know, but live, thread, live! The show's coming back early Nov, yeah?

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Basket of Kittens posted:

Bumping a dead thread to ask, where can I watch this? I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, on demand. Doesn't pop up anywhere. Last saw the episode with the guy flash frozen I think, probably half a season ago
Hulu has all three seasons.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pick posted:

I don't know, but live, thread, live! The show's coming back early Nov, yeah?

November 5th, yes.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Jedit posted:

November 5th, yes.

Remember, remember.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Y'ALL FORGOT THIS WAS COMING BACK BUT IT'S BACK

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
For whatever reason I never really kept track of when this was coming back, but I'm so hyped that it is, now!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wowww that guy sucks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Oh, I wasn't planning on making the new thread, so if anyone wants to... go for it. :)

• Locked thread