Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Pomp posted:

Let it be known that Gutcruncher can't kancho to save his life.

I think I got 5 Angels for every Reaper. Come on, guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
You gotta remember to select a chest with one the attack buttons, otherwise you get an angel every time!

Or, you were just that unlucky...

Krakhan fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 4, 2014

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Endorph posted:

Dear Anyone:

If I played Robo-Ky in AC+ R Extend Arcade Edition, is there anyone who will remotely recapture the joy I felt?

Ky just isn't the same.

As a fellow Robo-Ky main, I don't think there will ever be a good replacement for him. :(

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Robo-Ky has a fighting game successor, Wario in Smash Bros Brawl.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I want to play through the Guilty Gear story :feelsgood:

Continuity wise does it go GG > GGX > GGX2 > GGX2AC+#R'@FRJAHSK > Xrd > GG2 or are there more? I know the dedicated story modes first started with X2, but I lost sense of the progression not long after.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Great Joe posted:

Robo-Ky has a fighting game successor, Wario in Smash Bros Brawl.

???

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

nice catch :)

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Elphelt is the best.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

I want to play through the Guilty Gear story :feelsgood:

Continuity wise does it go GG > GGX > GGX2 > GGX2AC+#R'@FRJAHSK > Xrd > GG2 or are there more? I know the dedicated story modes first started with X2, but I lost sense of the progression not long after.

Mostly right, just Xrd is a sequel to GG2.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Mostly right, just Xrd is a sequel to GG2.

Oh right duh, but am I right in thinking that there are only two real story modes outside of GG2.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Basically.

The other games just have random arcade modes, Xrd and GG2 are the only ones with extended story modes.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Endorph posted:

Basically.

The other games just have random arcade modes, Xrd and GG2 are the only ones with extended story modes.

Well I meant there's one in the console version of X2 and then there's a sequel to that one in Accent Core?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

And ASW just confirmed the inevitable: Leo Whitefang is gonna be the first DLC character

No information on how he'll play though.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Going to really enjoy relearning venom after like seven years

Also I would suggest almost totally ignoring tiers in this game from the looks of it. Just picka character you like and learn your matchup.

Or play everyone since they're all fun.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'm guessing Leo is gonna be the Azrael of this game, otherwise, I haven't got a clue.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

uncleKitchener posted:

I'm guessing Leo is gonna be the Azrael of this game, otherwise, I haven't got a clue.

Animal motif, tonfa gauntlets of christ, large fluffy bit flowing out of his backside, he's literally Makoto.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Devour or Fire posted:

Animal motif, tonfa gauntlets of christ, large fluffy bit flowing out of his backside, he's literally Makoto.

So he'll be excellent for one revision then nerfed into utter worthlessness?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

MohShuvuu posted:

As a fellow Robo-Ky main, I don't think there will ever be a good replacement for him. :(

Yeah, more games need robots that shoot steam and lightning at people. In GGXX#Reload I played a lot of Robo-Ky and Faust, so at least Faust is still in Xrd?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Goddamn it Potemkin, why can't I find a good replacement for you, you stupid big fat piece of poo poo :argh:

I do hope Leo does at least get a cool metal tune.

edit: are the more dlc characters on the way? How are they gonna bring older characters back without making the roster seem bloated?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

uncleKitchener posted:

I do hope Leo does at least get a cool metal tune.
I too hope Leo is a character in a Guilty Gear game.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Thanks to Brütal Legend I'm gonna guess he's a reference to White Lion

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Chev posted:

Thanks to Brütal Legend I'm gonna guess he's a reference to White Lion

With that hair, I wouldn't rule out Whitesnake either. But getting snake from fang is reaching.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

And ASW just confirmed the inevitable: Leo Whitefang is gonna be the first DLC character

No information on how he'll play though.

Neat

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

uncleKitchener posted:

edit: are the more dlc characters on the way? How are they gonna bring older characters back without making the roster seem bloated?

If this game sells half as well on consoles as the hype suggests the character select screen is gonna look like 2002UM by the time Arcsys is done riding this gravy train.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
It's a good anime game, but it's still an anime game.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

With that hair, I wouldn't rule out Whitesnake either. But getting snake from fang is reaching.

Leo

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

And? Whitesnake is cooler than any dumb White Lion references. Even if he has a crippling lack of denim and half-opened shirt. :colbert:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mio Bison posted:

If this game sells half as well on consoles as the hype suggests the character select screen is gonna look like 2002UM by the time Arcsys is done riding this gravy train.

I actually doub tthis game will have high retention, but I bet the initial sales will be really good. SF4 did pretty alright because it had a huge existing playerbase, and there were enough scrubs online so you didn't feel bad when you played. this community is gonna be a lot smaller and filled with a higher good player to player ratio.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If you live in the Sacramento area, the owner of terribly named local independent shop Gamerz Phunk Lab has been saying on the sac fight scene facebook group that he'll run a Xrd midnight event if he gets enough preorders.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Nov 5, 2014

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Great games Gutcruncher, god drat that last match was great, god bless kancho super. Someday I'll block a 6H. :downs:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Time for some news.
Some sort of Xrd gamepad

Here's all the framedata for the game: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLI6KFcuPKRMJydrWQSRS8OYJom-qq4XxJtyQp2YH7I/edit#gid=0

The latest Arcadia scan: http://www.mediafire.com/view/x2hb1a5j979os45/034-035.png
Xrd's going to have similar 64 player 'arcade' lobbies as BB. Which kind of sucks, but whatever, all the other online features look pretty great.
Oh and they confirmed the game will have DLC announcer packs just like BB.

Also have some FAB for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0INxOArkC24

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 8, 2014

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I hope Xrd doesn't become a niche thing like Uniel.

I also can't wait to at least see some hi-def videos of all the IK's and other cinematic. Should keep me going until buying a new console.

http://a.pomf.se/iguuxy.webm

:captainpop: Sexy. :captainpop:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pomp posted:

If you live in the Sacramento area, the owner of terribly named local independent shop Gamerz Phunk Lab has been saying on the sac fight scene facebook group that he'll run a Xrd midnight event if he gets enough preorders.
go to that and ask him why the hell he named his store that

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I hope Xrd doesn't become a niche thing like Uniel.

I also can't wait to at least see some hi-def videos of all the IK's and other cinematic. Should keep me going until buying a new console.

http://a.pomf.se/iguuxy.webm

:captainpop: Sexy. :captainpop:

Animeeeeeeeeee :gizz:

Seriously the game looks amazing

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boGxQAXqsGI&list=UUCfnriDcUslGMUMX4Ctkyjg#t=2456

Really good Slayer gameplay. Lots of good matches here.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Time for some news.
Some sort of Xrd gamepad

Here's all the framedata for the game: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLI6KFcuPKRMJydrWQSRS8OYJom-qq4XxJtyQp2YH7I/edit#gid=0

The latest Arcadia scan: http://www.mediafire.com/view/x2hb1a5j979os45/034-035.png
Xrd's going to have similar 64 player 'arcade' lobbies as BB. Which kind of sucks, but whatever, all the other online features look pretty great.
Oh and they confirmed the game will have DLC announcer packs just like BB.

Also have some FAB for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0INxOArkC24

Pote Buster only throw invulnerable during startup? Didn't it used to be fully invul for two frames and throw invincible for whole duration, including recovery?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

uncleKitchener posted:

Pote Buster only throw invulnerable during startup? Didn't it used to be fully invul for two frames and throw invincible for whole duration, including recovery?

it was only throw invuln for the active frame iirc (and 1 frame before/after)

zato's command throw was completely throw invulnerable so it actually beat pot buster like 100% of the time

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
How complete is that frame data? It doesn't say low profile for Axl's 2K. :qq:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

uncleKitchener posted:

This is what it used to be:

Fully invincible 3~5F
Throw invincible 1~16F

So not throw invuln the whole time, but for most of it.

Munsun posted:

How complete is that frame data? It doesn't say low profile for Axl's 2K. :qq:

It's missing some things here and there. Stuff life 'upper body invuln' and 'low profile' aren't actual literal mechanics, they're just ways of describing how your hitbox changes when you do a move relative to how your sprite appears. Low Profile is sometimes assumed regarding things like Axl's 2K because his sprite matches his hitbox, unlike stuff like say, Grand Viper where Sol's hitbox is a literal pixel vertically, or 6P where your hitbox only comes up to the knees on your sprite.

That's too many words to just say that yeah, Axl's 2K is still pretty low to the ground don't worry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
I gotcha. I didn't realize it was more slang than actual mechanic. I saw Sol's 2D had it and Axl's 2K didn't and I just could not handle this video game stress.

• Locked thread