Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Three Olives posted:

They solved that problem a long time ago:

wtf dude plz dont jizz on your muffins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, English muffins, yogurt, cheese, peppers, mushrooms, and whole wheat toast. Any combination of those is a legit breakfast. Anything else is for kids or aspiring diabetics.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaunab posted:

most americans don't eat breakfast

I was that way, I started eating breakfast fairly recently and it honestly makes me feel a lot better. But by breakfast I mean like an apple and some oatmeal or egg whites or fat-free cottage cheese not trash.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Three Olives posted:

I was that way, I started eating breakfast fairly recently and it honestly makes me feel a lot better. But by breakfast I mean like an apple and some oatmeal or egg whites or fat-free cottage cheese not trash.

lmao you still believe in the low-fat model of diet

thats why you are tubby you gay turd

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Honey nut cornflakes are my favourite cereal, but after this thread I might switch to donuts

Can I put that on my application to join the police? That and an itch to pepper-spray

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Three Olives posted:

Why not the egg yellows too?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

The apple is probably worse for you tha. Egg yellows imo.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

opus111 posted:

Why Are Eggs Good For You? An Egg-ceptional Superfood
By Kris Gunnars

Girl Holding an EggNutrition professionals have an excellent track record of demonizing healthy foods.

Red meat, cheese, coconut oil… to name a few.

But the #1 worst example is their decades of propaganda against eggs, which are among the healthiest foods on the planet.
Eggs do NOT Cause Heart Disease

Historically, eggs have been considered unhealthy because they contain cholesterol.

A large egg contains 212mg of cholesterol, which is a lot compared to most other foods.

However, it has been proven, time and time again, that eggs and dietary cholesterol do NOT adversely affect cholesterol levels in the blood.

In fact, eggs raise HDL (the good) cholesterol. They also change LDL cholesterol from small, dense LDL (which is bad) to large LDL, which is benign (1, 2, 3).

A new meta-analysis published in 2013 looked at 17 prospective studies on egg consumption and health. They discovered that eggs had no association with either heart disease or stroke in otherwise healthy people (4).

This isn’t new data. Multiple older studies have led to the same conclusion (5).

Bottom Line: Despite the fear mongering of the past few decades, eating eggs and cholesterol has no association whatsoever with heart disease.

Eggs Are Rich in Unique Antioxidants

Eggs are particularly rich in the two antioxidants Lutein and Zeaxanthine.

These antioxidants gather in the retina of the eye and protect against the eye diseases Macular Degeneration and Cataracts (6, 7, 8).

In one study, supplementing with an average of 1.3 egg yolks per day for 4.5 weeks increased blood levels of Lutein by 28-50% and Zeaxanthine by 114-142% (9).

Bottom Line: Eggs contain large amounts of the antioxidants Lutein and Zeaxanthine, which dramatically lower your risk of age-related eye disorders.

Eggs Are Among The Most Nutritious Foods on The Planet

Just think about it… one egg contains all the nutrients and building blocks required to grow an entire baby chicken.

Egg

Eggs are loaded with high-quality proteins, vitamins, minerals, good fats and various trace nutrients.

A large egg contains :

Only 77 calories, with 5 grams of fat and 6 grams of protein with all 9 essential amino acids.

Rich in iron, phosphorous, selenium and vitamins A, B12, B2 and B5 (among others).

One egg contains 113 mg of Choline – a very important nutrient for the brain, among other things. A study revealed that 90% of Americans may not get enough choline in their diet (11).

If you decide to include eggs in your diet (you should) then make sure to eat Omega-3 enriched or pastured eggs. They are much more nutritious than eggs from factory-raised chickens.

Eat the yolks, they contain pretty much all the nutrients!

Bottom Line: Eggs contain all 9 essential amino acids, are highly concentrated with vitamins and minerals and are among the best sources of choline you can get. Omega-3 enriched or pastured eggs are best.

Eggs Are Satiating and Help You Lose Weight

Eggs score high on a scale called the Satiety Index, which means that eggs are particularly capable of making you feel full and eat less overall calories (12).

Eggs only contain trace amounts of carbohydrate, which means that they will not raise blood glucose levels.

In a study of 30 overweight or obese women that ate either a bagel or eggs for breakfast, the egg group ended up eating less during lunch, the rest of the day and for the next 36 hours (13).

In another study, overweight men and women were calorie-restricted and given either a breakfast of 2 eggs (340 kcal) or an isocaloric breakfast of bagels. After 8 weeks, the egg eating group had a (14):

61% greater reduction in BMI.
65% more weight loss.
34% greater reduction in waist circumference.
16% greater reduction in body fat.

…even though both breakfasts contained the same number of calories.

Bottom Line: Eggs are a nutritious, protein rich food with a strong impact on satiety. Studies show that eating eggs for breakfast can help you lose weight.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

opus111 posted:

Just like egg whites better, no health reason.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I suusally eat 2 eggs a day. Sometimes three.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

opus111 posted:

because hes a retard who doesnt understand how cholesterol actually works

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Three Olives posted:

Just like egg whites better, no health reason.

bull loving poo poo, mainly because theres no way in hell that you enjoy fat free cottage cheese more than real cottage cheese

what the gently caress is in a cheese if theres no fat GOD DAMNIT GET YOUR poo poo TOGETHER

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

bull loving poo poo, mainly because theres no way in hell that you enjoy fat free cottage cheese more than real cottage cheese

what the gently caress is in a cheese if theres no fat GOD DAMNIT GET YOUR poo poo TOGETHER

Are you going to tell me to stop drinking skim milk too? Because anything over 2% is disgusting. I loving love brie and blue cheeses, it's not some sort of general objection to fat, I just don't like it in milk or cottage cheese.

naem
May 29, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBjf8T5k6Mk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Coffee + doughy thing = large mass in stomach is a breakfast for laborers so they can work long and hard

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

take it outside ladies.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

SirEvelynTremble posted:

They now sell Lucky Charms and Krispy Kreme donuts in my local Tesco in UK here. Which is the best American breakfast outta the two?

Neither, that's dinner fare

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009
idk about other places but american breakfast is either super bland or buttery/sugary death. Skip breakfast every day

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
Some dough fell in a deep fryer, it happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEWmyIjcX_k

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
krispy kreme is the only food i know will end in me feeling sick as gently caress but ill do it anyway because god drat

you have to be at a real one and get them fresh off the loving belt though

Molly Bend Them
Jul 8, 2003

who is chikkun NOW??
When I eat eggs I go all out. I'm talking 8 soft boiled. Salt and go.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Molly Bend Them posted:

When I eat eggs I go all out. I'm talking 8 soft boiled. Salt and go.

3 egg omelet with ham, swiss cheese, broccoli slices, and jalapeno peppers slices.

Served with 8 pieces of center cut bacon, with a side of mandarin oranges.

Coffee is AAA quality.

best breakfast.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Three Olives posted:

Muffins are the worst, I mean seriously you are eating cake for breakfast, just loving eat a piece of cake instead of pretending that the muffin is a reasonable breakfast.

Why no Three Olives I am not suprised you hate eating out a muffin.

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!
Eating donuts for breakfast is a great way to really accelerate your descent into obesity.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Helical Nightmares posted:

Why no Three Olives I am not suprised you hate eating out a muffin.

Also, donuts are good. I mean, y'know, exercise occasionally and maybe don't eat a ton of them every morning?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
They aren't, fatass.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

SirEvelynTremble posted:

They now sell Lucky Charms and Krispy Kreme donuts in my local Tesco in UK here. Which is the best American breakfast outta the two?
Go for the Krispy Kremes. Lucky Charms have this gross fake fruit flavor.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ths is a much more well liked gay than three olives (a hateful gay imo)

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Are you going to tell me to stop drinking skim milk too? Because anything over 2% is disgusting. I loving love brie and blue cheeses, it's not some sort of general objection to fat, I just don't like it in milk or cottage cheese.

gary oldmans diary posted:

legend has it you can look at any individual post of TO and know he is a gay man

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i like whole milk

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Moridin920 posted:

i like whole milk

2% milk was made for a reason.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

a magnanimous gay, if you will

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
considering making myself a flap jack for breakfast whats the goon consensus ??? on flap sjack

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
if you dont like donuts you are literally hitler

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i am literally hitler

Lbeuol
Aug 19, 2006

Washing my hands since 2002
soylent hitler

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
I like donuts, but they have to be crullers.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Windows 98 posted:

Donuts and other pastries as breakfast food makes no sense. I get crescents cause it's pretty much just buttery flaky bread. Who seriously wakes up and says to themselves "oh I want a deep fried piece of poo poo covered in chocolate for breakfast"? Is pastries as breakfast an American thing cause we are fat pieces of poo poo or is this a long standing international tradition?

murica

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Three Olives posted:

They solved that problem a long time ago:

It's amazing how much that looks like cum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
Crullers are the best donuts.

• Locked thread