Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

The X-Files was the best show in the 90s.

I watched a lot of Hercules and Xena lately, pretty good for bad TV and very nostalgic. I prefer Xena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
rugrats..

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

FRINGE posted:

Ignore thread title and wrong-brained OP: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3676258

That, Farscape, and Stargate were the the scifi trio I still guiltily like.

Quantum Leap is good in my memory, but I would be afraid to re-watch it.

Netflix keeps recommending Farscape to me, is it worth it to come in fresh in TYOOL 2014?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I am not a book posted:

Netflix keeps recommending Farscape to me, is it worth it to come in fresh in TYOOL 2014?
its fun when it gets goin

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Xena is pretty great

I remember having a crush on gabrielle as a teen

but watching it now xena is way hotter and gab is plain as fuccccccccccccck

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

http://sliderz.ytmnd.com/ Great 90's show would watch again.

quote:

Takes until the end of season 1 for Farscape to find out what kind of show it wants to be. But it's good. There will probably never be another show like Farscape. It's very unique.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

ThaGrandCow posted:

Brisco County Jr

The pinnacle of its genre

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I thought Hercules was better than Xena, but Angel was better than Buffy.

I'm sexist.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

I am not a book posted:

What other 90s shows do you like? No one is allowed to answer "Seinfeld" for obvious reasons.

Dammit why'd you have to say this? Now goons are making GBS threads up the thread with their terrible taste in TV shows instead of discussing the awesomeness that is Xena :(

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I thought Hercules was better than Xena, but Angel was better than Buffy.

I'm sexist.

whoa ur pretty edgy dude...

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

mind the walrus posted:

You lucky gently caress. I used to hate Batman and Robin so much back when it was the most recent Batman movie in town, but as time goes on I love it for being such a loving bizarre mash-up of the 60s TV show and Gay Subtext.

This except I never didn't like it. Batman and Robin is a fun film.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!
If you're looking for 90s TV OP, check out Step by Step and 90210.

oldpainless posted:

the guy who played Iolaus on Hercules directed episodes of "Spartacus" where Xena got naked and showed off those big tittays.
I should have been watching Spartacus.

mind the walrus posted:

You lucky gently caress. I used to hate Batman and Robin so much back when it was the most recent Batman movie in town, but as time goes on I love it for being such a loving bizarre mash-up of the 60s TV show and Gay Subtext.
Same, I watched it recently and I feel it's a better film than Forever.Forever seemed like it wanted to be campy and serious at the same time, and it never really worked on either level.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Xena is so great. So cheesy, and you gotta love the Lawless crazy eyes

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Moola posted:

Xena is pretty great

I remember having a crush on gabrielle as a teen

but watching it now xena is way hotter and gab is plain as fuccccccccccccck

disagree

lady looks pretty hot with longer hair though, the gabbie-bowl isn't the most flattering

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

Yaldabaoth posted:

Dammit why'd you have to say this? Now goons are making GBS threads up the thread with their terrible taste in TV shows instead of discussing the awesomeness that is Xena :(

Good point. Ok everybody, new rule: no talking about anything except Xena because it was the pinnacle of 90s TV.
It's alright to talk about Lucy Lawless or the chick that played Gabriel in general, and I guess if you're gay you can talk about one of the dudes if that floats your goat.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6aw7dU_LIc

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Libelous Slander posted:

disagree

lady looks pretty hot with longer hair though, the gabbie-bowl isn't the most flattering

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I wanna be like Xena when I grow up.

:colbert:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

not sure if I have a boner yet, what are her views on games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
that b*ch could ululate like a camel jockey gettin' corn-cobbed EHEHEHE :D

• Locked thread