Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jbitt
Dec 22, 2009

sencerly,
Man it really feels like putting any kind of money into this game is a waste. Went for the 8.99 purchase so I could roll twice and got two silver eggs.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Their IAP is loving absurd. A dollar an orb? gently caress you, monster strike.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

jbitt posted:

Man it really feels like putting any kind of money into this game is a waste. Went for the 8.99 purchase so I could roll twice and got two silver eggs.

:negative:

Ignite Memories posted:

Their IAP is loving absurd. A dollar an orb? gently caress you, monster strike.

:shobon:

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

you don't need line to play the game, but you do need it to play with goons

Right, and the OP makes it sound like the multiplayer is basically required (or at minimum, a huge benefit), so... :(

The pinball thing is a lot of fun (I've rolled an Odin and played a bit) but the multiplayer implementation seems really bad

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Nosre posted:

I think I'd love the game, but gently caress giving random apps my phone number and/or permission to troll through my contacts/facebook. What is this line thing that it requires being able to do that?

The reason it asks for those permissions is so it can do this

If you don't want to spam your contacts list with garbage don't click on the "invite friends" button. As said before just stick to LINE and you won't need to bother with any of that.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I have rerolled many, many times. The best I got before what I settled in was a Odin.

I got a Margarite. Well, after a Ducati. Good thing I stuck to roll freebie and then tutorial 5 stone freebie.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Dear diary,

After losing my initial account because of data backup shenanigans, I finally re-rolled an Arthur!

I then entered a weekly 15 stam dungeon and got trampled. :3

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^^ Grats, now backup your drat account.

Nosre posted:

I think I'd love the game, but gently caress giving random apps my phone number and/or permission to troll through my contacts/facebook. What is this line thing that it requires being able to do that?

Do the smart thing: Make a throwaway facebook account and connect to Line using that. I made a junk facebook account for games like this and Brave Frontier. Let it dig through my 0 friends and activity on Facebook, it won't mine any useful data either way.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
LINE group filled up faster than expected. I was originally planning on culling inactive players tomorrow but if anybody who recently started playing really wants to get into runs i can do it tonight instead?!

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

I started playing again and I have 140 stones at rank 11. Is now a good time to roll for dudes?

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
You can roll for Margarite, but the longer you hold out, the more good rolls they'll add to the US version.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

Do the smart thing: Make a throwaway facebook account and connect to Line using that. I made a junk facebook account for games like this and Brave Frontier. Let it dig through my 0 friends and activity on Facebook, it won't mine any useful data either way.

Good call, gonna do that

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Always roll 10 at a time if you're going to hunt for a unit. rates on good stuff is low as hell but the 10 batch at least ensures you only get 4 and 5 star stuff.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

ChikoDemono posted:

I started playing again and I have 140 stones at rank 11. Is now a good time to roll for dudes?

Alternatively if you already have a good leader but nothing else, it's nice to have a few good utility subs for when you're soloing even if you don't grab Marg.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Just rolled 3 Shadowgaff back to back to back....

Thanks game.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SUPER RARE

Wyeth
Apr 19, 2012

Schrodingers cat posted:

Just rolled 3 Shadowgaff back to back to back....

Thanks game.

I did a ten pull when the event started and pulled six shadowgaffs out of ten.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
Yeah I've gotten 5 Shadowgaffs on a 10 pull myself. Something is obviously broken there, there's no reason he should be showing up that often. If I'd actually dropped any money on orbs I would be pretty pissed off about it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's something retarded like every 3 star you would normally have got if you were doing 1 pulls gets changed into him instead.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
On the plus side, 5 Shadowgaffs beats 5 random lovely 4* pulls, at least while their luck is 5.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I have seen something that people do in Co-op. You don't need to drag ON your monster. You just need to drag on the playing area itself. It will help if you need to shoot when you're stuck in a corner and don't want to smash into a damage wall for example to get out of it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Started this last night, settled on an Eclipse after discovering rerolling takes 10-15 minutes a shot to download new files (unless you delete that .bin file I guess but I don't have a working PC right now).

I want some goon friends and will try to set up that LINE thing later tonight. ID: 989,930,948,833 (Jesus, that's a long ID)

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Rolled last night and today, settling for Odin.

I'm getting a location services error when trying to co-op. Help files "recommend" turning on GPS as well. Is my problem that my tablet doesn't have GPS? Will using Line avoid this?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

So about half the bosses I fight now "run away" once I deplete their health. Is there a way to tell when this is going to happen? Am I supposed to kill all the little enemies first to prevent this or something?

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

IllegallySober posted:

So about half the bosses I fight now "run away" once I deplete their health. Is there a way to tell when this is going to happen? Am I supposed to kill all the little enemies first to prevent this or something?

That's just part of the game - bosses with extra health bars "run away" when you deplete each one.

applebane
Jun 5, 2011

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

That's just part of the game - bosses with extra health bars "run away" when you deplete each one.

yeah, if the health bar isn't yellow, the boss is going to run when you deplete it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

applebane posted:

yeah, if the health bar isn't yellow, the boss is going to run when you deplete it.

Got it, so the color is the difference. Thanks. :)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

If you can manage to get wedged between a boss and one of their shields you can spill some damage over to the next wave too.

My Arthur got wedged and landed 98 hits doing about 900k to a shield and 1.3 million to the boss. He started the next stag missing half his health bar because of how fast the hits registered. Best record is still getting wedged between two enemies and doing 300 or so hits for 1.8 and 2.5 million damage to them. :unsmigghh:

applebane
Jun 5, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

If you can manage to get wedged between a boss and one of their shields you can spill some damage over to the next wave too.

My Arthur got wedged and landed 98 hits doing about 900k to a shield and 1.3 million to the boss. He started the next stag missing half his health bar because of how fast the hits registered. Best record is still getting wedged between two enemies and doing 300 or so hits for 1.8 and 2.5 million damage to them. :unsmigghh:

they should have an overkill bonus tied to that, get an extra drop or something.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, is there any point to the trash in this game? Seems like everything drops at lvl1, gives poo poo experience, and fusing trash together takes way too long and they still give poo poo exp anyways. Should I just sell all of them instead of bothering trying to squeeze some xp out of their useless husks?

The poliwhirl/+eggs dudes are fine but everything else seems awful.

Right now I'm increasing the luck of my healer girls because, I dunno, just because.

applebane
Jun 5, 2011

trucutru posted:

So, is there any point to the trash in this game? Seems like everything drops at lvl1, gives poo poo experience, and fusing trash together takes way too long and they still give poo poo exp anyways. Should I just sell all of them instead of bothering trying to squeeze some xp out of their useless husks?

Right now I'm increasing the luck of my healer girls because, I dunno, just because.

only point is to get 1 that is easily farmable up to 90 luck for more drops on certain stages, most people pick the red dragon for this i think. ( thats the one im working on)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

trucutru posted:

That's pretty much where I'm at with the level 1 drops too. Not sure what else to do with them.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
So who went to the launch party and got an Alice then?

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

Roid666 posted:

So who went to the launch party and got an Alice then?

I got so loving jealous when I saw those grab bags pop up. Alice looks dope enough to be my next carrot, like B. B. Hood from darkstalkers.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Has anybody has connection issues since today? Keeps getting stuck on Connecting... after the title screen.

Edit: nevermind it fixed itself after switching back to my US iTunes account

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 14, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Wow, didn't see this thread. Knew dragon enthusiast was thinking about making one but never saw it.

I have a couple of accounts. Main has Odin maxed and sub has Eclipse one level from max.

Here is my Odin account: 342,070,075,495

Rarely accepted friends because no idea why I should so there should be plenty of room for any SA named accounts.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, I can evolve either Shiva or Shadowgaff (I'm still not even close to being able to evolve Margarite) so, which one should go first?

Actually, is there any place were I can see the evolutions and what they do online? besides the JP pages, of course.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Strikehub is in progress; I think he recently learned how to datamine the game so he's got translations up for things we can't access yet.
http://www.strikehub.com/

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

dragon enthusiast posted:

Strikehub is in progress; I think he recently learned how to datamine the game so he's got translations up for things we can't access yet.
http://www.strikehub.com/

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

Good to see that Dr. Wily managed to join the party
http://www.strikehub.com/monsters/dr.-shrewd/information/

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

trucutru posted:

Ok, I can evolve either Shiva or Shadowgaff (I'm still not even close to being able to evolve Margarite) so, which one should go first?

Actually, is there any place were I can see the evolutions and what they do online? besides the JP pages, of course.

Margarite. Doesn't matter if you aren't close. You can get a Divine Sharl as a very rare drop from the daily sharl/stoan dungeons, as well as a reward for a later co-op level or 30 day login prize. Getting to the co-op one by plowing through the regular levels isn't hard with an S rank leader and some semi-decent subs, and it should be comically easy if you play the levels in co-op with the hordes of Arthur/Zeus goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Doing extreme quests makes me want to bite my hair off. Stupid desire sensors. All I wanted was an emerald dragon for Tini ascension but I've ran it over a dozen times today and got none. While I keep getting other 5 stars that I don't need in just a couple of runs. Sometimes two in a single run! I hope the next time it comes around I get luckier.

• Locked thread