Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

isnt the pilbara considered the outback

if i get an american muscle car and paint it matte black wont i feel like i am in mad max

i ask you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I expected posts about Bloomin Onions and that stupid bread that they serve you a cutting board. v disappointed.

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

Robo Reagan posted:

here's a few shots from my latest vaca

i like wood. very nice.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

all these pics look like west texas

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

lonesomedwarf posted:

isnt the pilbara considered the outback

if i get an american muscle car and paint it matte black wont i feel like i am in mad max

i ask you

the Pilbara is like lite-outback

if you can get like a v8 muscle car and paint it with black house paint you'll be sweet. add a roo bar. you need a bar of some type.

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

all these pics look like west texas

that's the first google img search on west texas

yup, looks the same. but no indians here. or mexicans.

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

mango sentinel posted:

I expected posts about Bloomin Onions and that stupid bread that they serve you a cutting board. v disappointed.

this is the first img search for bloomin onions and we don;t eat that here

garlic bread?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Op are you a seppo cos you're going overboard w the Aussie slang

Also proper bush folk call it the bush not the outback imo. Sauce: I am from da bush

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

Fruity Gordo posted:

Op are you a seppo cos you're going overboard w the Aussie slang

Also proper bush folk call it the bush not the outback imo. Sauce: I am from da bush

no, from Kununurra, and we call it the outback. there's no bushes out there.

NSW'er?

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo
thanks for the gigantic images and making me check to make sure i was logged in i guess

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

hofnar posted:

thanks for the gigantic images and making me check to make sure i was logged in i guess

there like 2048 x ??

why can i see these on my crappy laptop but other people have trouble? there's a scroll bar right there

Sas fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Oct 30, 2014

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Sas posted:

no, from Kununurra, and we call it the outback. there's no bushes out there.

NSW'er?

representin, family spent time in papunya and groote tho. idk why peeps in papunya call it the bush, mob are weird

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

Fruity Gordo posted:

representin, family spent time in papunya and groote tho. idk why peeps in papunya call it the bush, mob are weird

just a regional thing, i think. in Darwin now and these people think 50kms south of here is the bush.

WreckSov
Aug 26, 2011
Here, I too will share some of the pictures what I took

WreckSov fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Oct 30, 2014

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

sweet, where is that? i see gumtrees, blackboys and granite - it's NSW again. isn't it?

is that near Litchfield?

Sas fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Oct 30, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sas posted:

that's the first google img search on west texas

yup, looks the same. but no indians here. or mexicans.

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

lol do you oil that fence every week?

way too shiny.

but it's nice.

is that river the rio grande? i'm honestly curious, not taking the piss.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

p sure its the missispii..... or as they call it there, the mighty missisip

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

those must be the rocky mountains, in colarodo, or as they call them there, rocky mountains high....... rockymountains hiiiiiigghhh

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

might be the grand canyon though, taken from an odd angle

WreckSov
Aug 26, 2011
national park near Perth. the track was a railway line once upon a time, now it's a heritage feature in the park. the hill it runs through is basically a big solid fuckoff rock, so using the technology of the time (over 100 years ago), a way was carved and chipped and blasted into the hill to make way for the railway line.

there are two deviations to the track. the first attempts to run around the hill, but required a section to be carved into it (a man-made ravine for the track. you can see the start of it in the first pic, it winds to the right). this is the winding scenic route that gives views into the valley through the hills and of the other hills themselves.

the second deviation is a tunnel that goes through the hill. dead straight immaculate architecture. stays a cool 18-19 degrees even in the summer when it's 42 degrees outside

the dark sections down the jagged rock walls is water being bled down from the earth above the tops of the ravine: the surrounding hill

WreckSov fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Oct 30, 2014

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

thats tthe sydney interchange tunnel, btw for you yanks

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

WreckSov posted:

national park near Perth. the track was a railway line once upon a time, now it's a heritage feature in the park. the hill it runs through is basically a big solid fuckoff rock, so using the technology of the time (over 100 years ago), a way was carved and chipped and blasted into the hill to make way for the railway line.

there are two deviations to the track. the first attempts to run around the hill, but required a section to be carved into it (a man-made ravine for the track. you can see the start of it in the first pic, it winds to the right). this is the winding scenic route that gives views into the valley through the hills and of the other hills themselves.

the second deviation is a tunnel that goes through the hill. dead straight immaculate architecture. stays a cool 18-19 degrees even in the summer when it's 42 degrees outside

the dark sections down the jagged rock walls is water being bled down from the earth above the tops of the ravine: the surrounding hill

i lived in Margaret River and Busselton for about 10 years and know I know that place!! i lived in northbridge before that for a year and then in subi, then headed south.

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

lonesomedwarf posted:

thats tthe sydney interchange tunnel, btw for you yanks

Yup, that's the main tunnel into Sydney, the biggest tunnel in Australia for you yanks.

WreckSov
Aug 26, 2011

good luck getting out of darwin btw. what a hole

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

WreckSov posted:

good luck getting out of darwin btw. what a hole

It is. moving to a cattle station in the next few weeks. Darwin stinks. like, it;s really smelly and just poor.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
No rules, just right.

Kontour
May 21, 2008

Miracle Blade Baby!

Sas posted:

sorry, i just noticed - IS THAT A drat FRENCH FLAG ON THE NAVAL SHIP????

i forgot to add this one, it was at the end of the swimming hole and a great place to wait for german girl backpackers to show up so i could stride out of the water and say gidday in my budgie smugglers. there was a hot spring there, so i could wait for ages.

That's Emma gorge you retard. Lol if you worked at el q or hv8, just lol.

Kontour fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 30, 2014

Kontour
May 21, 2008

Miracle Blade Baby!
Also double posting to say that people cal it the bush, not the loving outback. Hth.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
Me too, except gently caress the flies. Will never get used to those cunts even though the ants are worse

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Why don't any of u post in auspol, do u have bad opinions

I have OPINIONS about nt politics but not many people in auspol are that involved. my main beef is with Alison Anderson, I hate her hate her hate her for what she did in papunya if u don't know the book king brown country is a p good primer

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Lunchmeat where are the catsnaps

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Op what do u do for work

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
I got sick of politics years ago but I'll get on the catsnaps. Snapchat crashes a lot for me lately so I spend like 2 minutes getting a good pic and then it shits. :(

Kontour
May 21, 2008

Miracle Blade Baby!
Also posting to say that the Kimberley is the most amazing place on earth and that id give anything to be at karaoke night at the KNX pub as opposed to where I am now. Also the only place you get breathalised going IN to the pub.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

luncheon meat posted:

I got sick of politics years ago but I'll get on the catsnaps. Snapchat crashes a lot for me lately so I spend like 2 minutes getting a good pic and then it shits. :(

I think u can snapchat photos from your phone library but idk the important thing is that your cats are beautiful and that I see them

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I DEMAND PUSSY

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Kontour posted:

Also posting to say that the Kimberley is the most amazing place on earth and that id give anything to be at karaoke night at the KNX pub as opposed to where I am now. Also the only place you get breathalised going IN to the pub.

what the gently caress you get breathalyzed at bars??

Kontour
May 21, 2008

Miracle Blade Baby!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

what the gently caress you get breathalyzed at bars??

Tbh I haven't been breathalyzed this year but yeah it used to be that you had to be under .08 for them to let you in. Worth it to see a fella named chops belting out Alicia keys part in new york state of mind tho.

STRAYA

Kontour fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Oct 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
the only time an american bar ever turned me away was when i was so drunk i fell twice on the way in

kinda disappointed in the aussies right now, tbh

• Locked thread